Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They did not check my nuts. They did not check for a hernia. They did not take blood.

They don't take blood, but they suppose to do the other stuff. Are you hideous, or do you stink? If so, that's why they didn't bother. 026.gif

I experanced the same thing as DOB just the Female DR was hot but not the regular. I know Mac 3 ( 207 YD) always does this.

I haven't seen one hot one in there.......I think our taste is different......

DOB2RTO: I'm a 23 year old young buck, in shape, great hygene. I'm not the stereotypical bus driver. I'm not sure why they did not check for a hernia.

P.S.- I am fully trimmed if you know what I mean. So that can't be the reason either.

hey chris im planning taking the upcoming exam for bus operator do you have any advice on what to study for the exam should i buy one of those arco study guides or how about the cdl drivers manual from dmv and what type of questions will they be asking i had one person tell me they ask some points of intrest location points all in differnt boros like park locations and are there any map questions asking what route is the quickest to differnt locations

OVERTYME: If I had to break down the exam, I would say its about 24 questions of cdl and basic driving knowledge. 24 questions on common sense. 10 questions on points of interest, and the rest are just reading comprehention and miscelleneous questions. Like questions where they give you a map on you have to map out a certain route. Its those 24 driving (cdl) questions where I got my 11 wrong. I remember the first part of the test was the cdl questions. So when I checked my answers 4 weeks later, I noticed all 11 I got wrong were within the first 25 questions. Then the rest of the test was fine. So if I would have studied a cdl manuel, my list number would have been in the top 50, not the top 800.

NOW, if I have to say this in capital letters- DO NOT BUY, NOR STUDY THE ARCO BOOK. If you look at my other forum "anyone taking test #8006", I put up sample questions there. I'm trying to make up a sample test for you guys that was exactly like the test in 2006. The only points of interest they asked was "in what borough is prospect park?". There might have been a couple of others, but if your atleast 25 years old you should have no problem. I was 21 and I got all the point of interest questions right. The ARCO book goes further. The arco book will ask you "Which of these bridges is the only bridge that does not have 2 vehicular levels? A-Manhatten B-Brooklyn C- George Washington D-Verrazano" THEY WILL NOT ASK THIS QUESTION ON THE TEST. Just for your information, the answer is B-Brooklyn Bridge. (The brooklyn bridge has 2 levels, but one is only a train level, not a VEHICULAR level. They won't go crazy and try to trick you like that on the exam.

What to study? Cdl drivers ed manuel.Thats something even drivers have to study to take the dispatcher exam. The MTA considers that a drivers bible. So in order to become a priest, you would have to know the bible through and through, right? Therefore, even to become a dispatcher, you would have had to master the bus operator position. Study that and you will be fine.

DOB2RTO: I'm a 23 year old young buck, in shape, great hygene.

I'm the same, except I'm 28 and my right knee hurts most of the time.

I'm not the stereotypical bus driver.

You will be soon enough. A flat ass, and a huge pot belly.

P.S.- I am fully trimmed if you know what I mean. So that can't be the reason either.

I wasn't then, now I am. The jewels stay cooler, and alot less itching.

thank you for the info chris by the way i took my boss exam on the 11th of march any idea how long it takes to get a response back letting you know if you passed or failed it was for mabstoa exam#2801 my list# is 3405 and wouldyou have any idea what list# they are up to a friend of mine said that it took about a month befor he recived a letter saying he passed the boss exam he also said that the letter informed him that he will be getting called shortly for the next step and not to quit his current job but others on the post said that the letter they recived gave them a date when to report to 180 livington st. any truth to that chris.thank you.

Originally Posted by Chris Frusci View Post

I'm not the stereotypical bus driver.

DOB2RTO:You will be soon enough. A flat ass, and a huge pot belly.

Just wait Chris,your metabolism will slow down eventually,gets harder and harder

to stay at a healthy weight as you get older. Driving a bus is a sedentary job almost like working in a cubicle with a window view,only difference is there is something interesting to look at,lol.

thank you for the info chris by the way i took my boss exam on the 11th of march any idea how long it takes to get a response back letting you know if you passed or failed it was for mabstoa exam#2801 my list# is 3405 and wouldyou have any idea what list# they are up to a friend of mine said that it took about a month befor he recived a letter saying he passed the boss exam he also said that the letter informed him that he will be getting called shortly for the next step and not to quit his current job but others on the post said that the letter they recived gave them a date when to report to 180 livington st. any truth to that chris.thank you.

Well all I can say about that, is that I think I recieved a letter back about 2 months after taking the test. I'm not sure what list number they are up to on 5025, but I would check my calling chart of page 6 of this forum.

Well all I can say about that, is that I think I recieved a letter back about 2 months after taking the test. I'm not sure what list number they are up to on 5025, but I would check my calling chart of page 6 of this forum.

What exactly is the calling chart for a drug test or to began training because my list # is 3319 for exam # 5025 and i was called to take the boss in march

Chris Here is your calling chart:

March 3rd- 1600

March 17th-2000

March 31st-2400

April 14th- 2800

April 28th- 3200

May 12th- 3600

May 26th- 4000

June 9th- 4400

It may be a bit off, because i am 2180 and havent heard anything yet.

Anyway, how is training going? what has your schedule been like?

My exam is #2801 list# 1507.00 and i have Completed BOSS, Paperwork and Lab(drug test). Still waiting for final Medical,so they are a little behind on the list as far as hiring but close.

NoFlex, when did you go for your lab? I was there last thursday and my list # is 2393.

My calling chart was for exam # 5025. Here is the problem, someone told me today that alot of the new people in the class that started mar 17th were from exam 2801. I'm not sure what they are doing now, but my guess is every other class will be 5025, and 2801. I find it hard to believe that they did not hit list# 2100 with atleast a drug test yet. There is someone in my class with a list # of 1500. Whoever is on list test # 5025, and 2801 will be getting called soon enough. They cannot start test # 8006 until those 2 are complete.

I try to say enjoy the process, because it can get to you after a while. My list number was 825, and it took me two years to get called. This is the last time you will ever have a dead-end job. The MTA can become a dead-end job as well, that is if you let it become one. Keep you hopes up, you will get called.

Chris Here is your calling chart:

March 3rd- 1600

March 17th-2000

March 31st-2400

April 14th- 2800

April 28th- 3200

May 12th- 3600

May 26th- 4000

June 9th- 4400

It may be a bit off, because i am 2180 and havent heard anything yet.

Anyway, how is training going? what has your schedule been like?

Training is great! Thanks. I graduate next friday. I go in at 4:00 A.M., and get out at all different times. My chart looks to be way off. I was assuming they were calling everyone off of the 5025 list, and then get to 2801. It looks like they are calling both at the same time. The people on 2801 got really lucky because the filing was last october.

Training is great! Thanks. I graduate next friday. I go in at 4:00 A.M., and get out at all different times. My chart looks to be way off. I was assuming they were calling everyone off of the 5025 list, and then get to 2801. It looks like they are calling both at the same time. The people on 2801 got really lucky because the filing was last october.

Congrats on your pending graduation.

Is 4 your regular start time or just while your on training? I am on both lists, i went down last week for exam 2801 drug test. But have heard nothing from exam 5025 except for the boss back in jan. I am surprised because i thought i would have gotten called for 5025 1st not 2801. Oh Well, whoever calls first although i prefer TA.

Congrats on your pending graduation.

Is 4 your regular start time or just while your on training? I am on both lists, i went down last week for exam 2801 drug test. But have heard nothing from exam 5025 except for the boss back in jan. I am surprised because i thought i would have gotten called for 5025 1st not 2801. Oh Well, whoever calls first although i prefer TA.

When it's time to pick a depot, pick TA. You have that option now.

Queens Village is a good choice although the Q43 is one route that's almost crowded along Hillside the Q43 Limited is a joke

Jamaica is good i like the Q3 to JFK i wish they still had the X63 and X64

Casey Stengel is ok goes through some nice neighborhoods nice sights

Hello everyone! First would like to thank the one who started this forum I've been reading it and it was very interesting, as well as informative.

I was wondering if anyone knows what would be the chance of when I may be called for a drug test/physical with a list # 4418 in exam #2801. I just took the BOSS exam yesterday and was told the process thereafter but they never mentioned of a time frame.

I am also on the list for sanitation worker #6063 but a list number of 2369 will never get me anywhere (especially given the hiring situation in NYC) but Bus operator seems to appeal to me better.

I would appreciate any help :)

hey cheis congrats on graduation next fri. good luck and thanks for all the support and info i just got my letter to come down to 180 livingston st. on the 11th this month at 7:30 to begin the pre employment selection process it says come in business casual attire what would be a good time to get there should i wear a suit and how long should i expect to spend down there because im not sure if i should call out from work because i have to be at work at 5pm but i could come in at 6pm

My calling chart was for exam # 5025. Here is the problem, someone told me today that alot of the new people in the class that started mar 17th were from exam 2801. I'm not sure what they are doing now, but my guess is every other class will be 5025, and 2801. I find it hard to believe that they did not hit list# 2100 with atleast a drug test yet. There is someone in my class with a list # of 1500. Whoever is on list test # 5025, and 2801 will be getting called soon enough. They cannot start test # 8006 until those 2 are complete.

I try to say enjoy the process, because it can get to you after a while. My list number was 825, and it took me two years to get called. This is the last time you will ever have a dead-end job. The MTA can become a dead-end job as well, that is if you let it become one. Keep you hopes up, you will get called.

one more thing chris i got my drivers license on nov.11th of 05 it has not been quite three years yet do you think i should still go or should i just wait and take the exam on the 18th of this month

Archived