Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

hey cheis congrats on graduation next fri. good luck and thanks for all the support and info i just got my letter to come down to 180 livingston st. on the 11th this month at 7:30 to begin the pre employment selection process it says come in business casual attire what would be a good time to get there should i wear a suit and how long should i expect to spend down there because im not sure if i should call out from work because i have to be at work at 5pm but i could come in at 6pm

If i may lend some help here, Be there at 530, 6am!!! People get their early. Make sure you are close to the elevator so when they tell you its ok to go upstairs your on that first trip up and one of the first on line. They give you a number like they do at DMV. Everybody is there for different reasons. Some for promotional jobs, drug tests, medical, pre-employment, etc. You will be in the last group called. I was #102 and i was out by 11am. A suit is ok but you could get away with a shirt and slacks. Hope this helps.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hep people. Sorry I wasn't around yesturday. I am back now, and ready to rip someones head off j/k.

Attire: It doesn't even matter what you wear. Like I said, I looked like I was in an organized crime family.

OVERTYME: Congrats man. How old are you? Did you get you actual drivers license in novermber of 05, or your cdl in novermber of 05? If you got you actual license in nov of 05, go down anyway. Maybe they will make a mistake or something. Take the new test either way. Most likely, when you go back in nov of this year, you will go in on list 5025. Unless they completely finish the list, then they will start working on 8006. Thats why I am telling you to take test 8006 anyway.

GIMMICKS: How dare you help these people!!!! I know everything, not you!! lol ha ha j/k. Basically you said it completely right. Get there early. The fact that you were out by 11 is great. The first time I went for my urine test for the mabstoa list I was on, I got there about 7:15 and I didn't get out till about 2. When I went for my second urine test, I knew to get there early. I got there at about 6:15 and was out by 10:30. When I went for my medical, I got there at 6, was out by 2 the latest.

hep people. Sorry I wasn't around yesturday. I am back now, and ready to rip someones head off j/k.

Attire: It doesn't even matter what you wear. Like I said, I looked like I was in an organized crime family.

OVERTYME: Congrats man. How old are you? Did you get you actual drivers license in novermber of 05, or your cdl in novermber of 05? If you got you actual license in nov of 05, go down anyway. Maybe they will make a mistake or something. Take the new test either way. Most likely, when you go back in nov of this year, you will go in on list 5025. Unless they completely finish the list, then they will start working on 8006. Thats why I am telling you to take test 8006 anyway.

GIMMICKS: How dare you help these people!!!! I know everything, not you!! lol ha ha j/k. Basically you said it completely right. Get there early. The fact that you were out by 11 is great. The first time I went for my urine test for the mabstoa list I was on, I got there about 7:15 and I didn't get out till about 2. When I went for my second urine test, I knew to get there early. I got there at about 6:15 and was out by 10:30. When I went for my medical, I got there at 6, was out by 2 the latest.

hey chris im 27 years old i got my actual license in nov. 05 and im being called off of the mabstoa list# 2801 chris what kind of hours do they have during the training do they let you pick because i work two jobs i do maintance in a high luxury condo in the morning full time from 8am-4pm and i also do maintance in mount sinia hospital part time from 5pm-9:30 pm both jobs are mon-fri weekends off but i just started both jobs 2 months ago so i know i will have to give one up i was wondering do transit let you pick a shift and if so what shifts do they have availble and what do you think i should say about my actual license bieng that i got it in nov of 05

The training times can vary. They might have you do one week at one time, and the next week another time. They do that because they don't want you working two jobs. If they find out you are working two jobs, they let you go. Its a 19-A rule. There are only certain depots that accept dual employment. Jackie Gleason is one of them. In training, they definatly don't want you working two jobs. If I remember correctly, they made me sign something stating that I can not have two jobs until the general superintendent of my depot signs a document stating that he has given me permission to do so.

i just got a letter in the mail saying come down on livingston st for the pre employment selection process on april 9th im going to be down there @ 5am thanks chris, bklyn bob, & dob he bounce to become a t/o lol thanks again

ALIAL: Congratulations! Yea I suggest sleeping in front of the doors actually. You can get there at 5, thats not a bad idea, but just incase, get there at midnight and bring a sleeping bag.

It should go quick for you. Once you go back for your medical, whoever is going into medical gets called first. They do that because they know the medical process takes a long time. Good luck.

The training times can vary. They might have you do one week at one time, and the next week another time. They do that because they don't want you working two jobs. If they find out you are working two jobs, they let you go. Its a 19-A rule. There are only certain depots that accept dual employment. Jackie Gleason is one of them. In training, they definatly don't want you working two jobs. If I remember correctly, they made me sign something stating that I can not have two jobs until the general superintendent of my depot signs a document stating that he has given me permission to do so.

do yhey pay you while your in training and if so how much and how long is the training what scars me is that i heard you can get let go in training if something comes up and chris being that i go for the pre employment process on the 11th any idea what class i will be in thank you chris

do yhey pay you while your in training and if so how much and how long is the training what scars me is that i heard you can get let go in training if something comes up and chris being that i go for the pre employment process on the 11th any idea what class i will be in thank you chris

You do get paid, and the starting salary is 18.99 (IIRC) for MaBSTOA/TA. If you lied, hid something, and it pops up, oh well. You can blame no one, but oneself.

DOB said it right. As a matter of fact DOB, whats the deal with your motorman job?

Overtyme, I understand the situation. If it does come up, they will let you go. On the other hand, they are flooding the TA with Bus Operators, so they will have to work really hard to find everything on everybody. Every two weeks they have to do thorough backround checks on over 100 people!

Here is my prediction, again, its only a prediction. I say if they even do find something on someone, it will be after 1 year. By that time, your probation will be over, and your union will be all over them.

Just got phone call for my final medical. I hope this is it?? Exam 2801 list number is 1507.00 does anyone knows what class schedules are. If I pass final med will I be swearing in tomorrow??

Congrats on getting the call flex. The lady told me when i was down there is a class on the 14th and 28th. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Good Luck!

You do get paid, and the starting salary is 18.99 (IIRC) for MaBSTOA/TA. If you lied, hid something, and it pops up, oh well. You can blame no one, but oneself.

thanks for the info whats happens when your doing your medical do they let you know the same day if your medically cleared and when do they give you your start date for training and how long is training and do you think it would be a problem if i had my license for 2 and a half years i got it in nov. of 05 but i already have my cdl with a passengers airbrakes and tanker endorsment

Just got phone call for my final medical. I hope this is it?? Exam 2801 list number is 1507.00 does anyone knows what class schedules are. If I pass final med will I be swearing in tomorrow??

congrats by the way how long after taking your drug test did it take them to call you for your final medical good luck.i go on the 11th to begin the pre employmnt process could you tell me whats that like what will get done during the pre employment process

The 14th class is already filled. They fill it way in advance. I passed my medical feb 8th, and the the feb 18th class was already filled.

Oh ok, so the day you take your medical they tell you which class you will be starting? Swearing you in and all that good stuff?

Yup, it also goes up incrementally in 18 (or 24 or 36, forgot) months to $26.92.

Archived