Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear so much about exam #8006 and 5025, what about the mabstoa exam 2801. i like to know what's going with that exam. has anyone heard from OA after taken the BOSS survey. How long do you think they will begin to start hiring?????:D

I called yesterday to see what the deal was which brings me to this ? does anybody know when the next classes are after april because i wont be going for medical anytime soon being that they call for medical in list # order and they are only in the 1500 range and my list # is in the 1800 range

EVERYONE on list 5025, and 2801 is getting called. They are getting screwy with which list they are working off of, but eventually both lists will be gone. I was off of 5025. I think they are doing 1 and 1. In other words, one mabstoa class, then one nyct class.

I hear so much about exam #8006 and 5025, what about the mabstoa exam 2801. i like to know what's going with that exam. has anyone heard from OA after taken the BOSS survey. How long do you think they will begin to start hiring?????:D

I took the boss survey for mabstoa exam #2801 on march 7th. I got a letter in the mail saying come down to a pre employment process dat was on the 9th of april had 2 take a drug test. I don't smoke weed or take drugs & my license is clean so its just a matter of time just got 2 have patience @ 1 time I was checking my mail everyday then I was like they would write me when they are ready don't worry if u did good on the survey they will call cause I went to take the drug test & there was people taking the medical & that line was llllooooooonnng lol

first off i would like to say to evryone that this forum is great and the people in here are great. i am 22 yrs old and currently on 5025 list 1988 and 2801 list 4942 and taking 8006. my question is, should i be stressing my positions on the list that i am already on? i wan tthis job so badly, my friend just got hired off of 2901 his list was 882. How long am i looking at for the 5015 and 2801? thhank you all!

ps. i herd new bill is being past that starting jan 09 retirment is 30-62 now.??????????

thats 40 yrs for me! lol what a pension!

EVERYONE on list 5025, and 2801 is getting called. They are getting screwy with which list they are working off of, but eventually both lists will be gone. I was off of 5025. I think they are doing 1 and 1. In other words, one mabstoa class, then one nyct class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first off i would like to say to evryone that this forum is great and the people in here are great. i am 22 yrs old and currently on 5025 list 1988 and 2801 list 4942 and taking 8006. my question is, should i be stressing my positions on the list that i am already on? i wan tthis job so badly, my friend just got hired off of 2901 his list was 882. How long am i looking at for the 5015 and 2801? thhank you all!

ps. i herd new bill is being past that starting jan 09 retirment is 30-62 now.??????????

thats 40 yrs for me! lol what a pension!

Hello guys, yesterday the 11th i received my appointment letter for the 8006 Exam. it says: Date: Apr. 19, 2008. Time 10am, at the Lower East Side Preparatory HS, 145 Stanton St. so i hope to see you guys who are taking this exam next Saturday. :D Good Luck to US.

thanks 4 the info cheis i went down yesterday to begin the pre employment process i explaned my situation with my license not being 3 years old yet they punched up my driving history and it showed that i got my license in nov,05 and the lady gave me anothe appointment letter to call her on nov,15 so she can give me another appointment date for the drug test i hope they will still be having training classes then for the o/a exam 8006 thanks again

whats up whats your list # itook that exam i already took the boss exam also on the 11th i went down to begin the pre employment process

Hey OVERTYME. Don't feel bad about what happened. I will say this though, when you finally get the job, you will be the most experienced non-bus driver hired.

November will come ALOT quicker than you think.

If possible, keep visiting this site every once and a while to try and help people who are visiting. Everyday people will be signing up and asking the same questions both you and I have asked before. Its great having you on this site, and speaking to you every now and then. I do not own this site, nor do I have anything to do with managing the site. I am a visitor just like yourself.

I think if we continue to do what we are doing we can help everyone, and eventually take out all of the negativity and bad reputations bus drivers might have.

If you were an ordinary "good" person, who would you want to meet first? Somebody on this site, or a 50 year old driver from yukon who hates his life, family and job? Ive learned everything is what you make of it. If you start out with a negative feeling, it will stay with you.

So if you can, please continue giving the positive advice that we have all been passing on to eachother. Thanks for all of your time.

Chris

Chris when i was down doing my lab and paperwork, the lady told me they do the background check AFTER they hire you, not before the medical. Could she be wrong? Because that doesnt make sense to me.

BTW congrats on graduating. Did they throw you a party? lol. What kind of schedule did you wind up with?

MTAHOPEFUL08: You will probably get called off of list 5025 before 2801. Your list number is only 1900. I'm actually suprised they havent called you yet. My list number was 825 on 5025 and I'm already a bus driver. Anyday now you should get the letter.

I am becoming very stressed out. I am 22 years old and want this job in the worst way. I am starting to think i failed this BOSS EXAM BACK IN FEB. Thank god i filled out for 8006, and 2801. But the women on the phone still keeps on saying 1649. I guess im ok.

(MTA)

I am becoming very stressed out. I am 22 years old and want this job in the worst way. I am starting to think i failed this BOSS EXAM BACK IN FEB. Thank god i filled out for 8006, and 2801. But the women on the phone still keeps on saying 1649. I guess im ok.

(MTA)

The more you stress about it the longer it seems to take to come. I know. I done the same thing with the T/O list. Now, I just stop thinking about it so deeply, and time is flying.

Hopefully you passed and will get it soon. I do want everyone on here to pass. Remember if you make it far enough to get behind the wheel of the bus, listen to the instructor, and suck up any pride if you drove commercially before. Learn to deal with the criticism you will get.......

Gimmecks: that could be true. It is possible they do the background check AFTER they hire you because things have come up after drivers have been hired. Some people were on the job for 6 months and they found a ticket or something the other person got within the last three years.

Thanks. I believe I graduate tue or wed. Not sure yet. Nobody really knows. Nobody threw a party for me :D , lol and I will find out my schedule on wed.

MTAHOPEFUL: From what everyone is saying, I am starting to believe they put 5025 on hold, and they are only calling 2801. What I am about to say is very important information that everyone should know- When you get called off of 2801, you can NOT go to a Staten Island or Queens depot. They need people so badly in manhattan and the bronx (I know this because every depot in Manhattan and the bronx was available). Therefore, they are calling 2801 in order to fill those spots. Once they find spots available for SI, Queens, and Brooklyn, they can start calling of 5025 again.

I'm sure you did NOT fail the BOSS exam. There is no need to get stressed out. Enjoy the process. I try to think of it like someone who has a month or two left in prison. Its the last straw for your going out and partying life. You have very little time left before you start your "new life". Enjoy it, don't stress yourself out over it. It will come. You are right there.

I think you did a smart thing by filing for 2801 just incase 5025 didn't call. Congratulations on that move. Most people wouldn't do that.

Gimmecks: that could be true. It is possible they do the background check AFTER they hire you because things have come up after drivers have been hired. Some people were on the job for 6 months and they found a ticket or something the other person got within the last three years.

Thanks. I believe I graduate tue or wed. Not sure yet. Nobody really knows. Nobody threw a party for me :D , lol and I will find out my schedule on wed.

MTAHOPEFUL: From what everyone is saying, I am starting to believe they put 5025 on hold, and they are only calling 2801. What I am about to say is very important information that everyone should know- When you get called off of 2801, you can NOT go to a Staten Island or Queens depot. They need people so badly in manhattan and the bronx (I know this because every depot in Manhattan and the bronx was available). Therefore, they are calling 2801 in order to fill those spots. Once they find spots available for SI, Queens, and Brooklyn, they can start calling of 5025 again.

I'm sure you did NOT fail the BOSS exam. There is no need to get stressed out. Enjoy the process. I try to think of it like someone who has a month or two left in prison. Its the last straw for your going out and partying life. You have very little time left before you start your "new life". Enjoy it, don't stress yourself out over it. It will come. You are right there.

I think you did a smart thing by filing for 2801 just incase 5025 didn't call. Congratulations on that move. Most people wouldn't do that.[/QUOT

Thanks for those nice words...

im also taking the 8006 test this coming saturday, another good move no?

Hey OVERTYME. Don't feel bad about what happened. I will say this though, when you finally get the job, you will be the most experienced non-bus driver hired.

November will come ALOT quicker than you think.

If possible, keep visiting this site every once and a while to try and help people who are visiting. Everyday people will be signing up and asking the same questions both you and I have asked before. Its great having you on this site, and speaking to you every now and then. I do not own this site, nor do I have anything to do with managing the site. I am a visitor just like yourself.

I think if we continue to do what we are doing we can help everyone, and eventually take out all of the negativity and bad reputations bus drivers might have.

If you were an ordinary "good" person, who would you want to meet first? Somebody on this site, or a 50 year old driver from yukon who hates his life, family and job? Ive learned everything is what you make of it. If you start out with a negative feeling, it will stay with you.

So if you can, please continue giving the positive advice that we have all been passing on to eachother. Thanks for all of your time.

Chris

thanks chris you always know what to say your right the less i stop thinking abput it the quicker nov will be here i really cant wait hey chris i have been studing the dmv cdl guide is there anything else you reconmend because i take the civil service exam this sat. for bus operator exam #8006 i really want to score high any advice for the points of interest and the map reading im really not that good at reading maps any advice would help chris thank you and chris whats the diffrence with the civil service list and with filling out the coupon that i did to get called off the mabstoa list if im already working for mabstoa and ta call my name from the civil service list should i take it are there any perks working for ta than oa will i still have civil service status working for oa i had heard that its harder for the city to fire you once you have civil service status the only differnce i was told is that with oa i will only work out of the boros of the bronx and manhattan and with ta you can work in all the boros but i heard the pay rate is the same

thanks chris you always know what to say your right the less i stop thinking abput it the quicker nov will be here i really cant wait hey chris i have been studing the dmv cdl guide is there anything else you reconmend because i take the civil service exam this sat. for bus operator exam #8006 i really want to score high any advice for the points of interest and the map reading im really not that good at reading maps any advice would help chris thank you and chris whats the diffrence with the civil service list and with filling out the coupon that i did to get called off the mabstoa list if im already working for mabstoa and ta call my name from the civil service list should i take it are there any perks working for ta than oa will i still have civil service status working for oa i had heard that its harder for the city to fire you once you have civil service status the only differnce i was told is that with oa i will only work out of the boros of the bronx and manhattan and with ta you can work in all the boros but i heard the pay rate is the same

OA can pick into Brooklyn

OA can pick into Brooklyn

so oa can pick into brooklyn i know when i was down at 180 livington st. on fri.the lady i spoke to told me it was only manhattan and tha bronx. brooklyn would be great 4 me because i live in brooklyn and i know a lot of the bus routes by heart

OVERTYME: I don't like giving advice, but the first thing you MUST do is use some kine of punctuation! lol. I have a hard time trying to figure out what you are saying. Now, when Novermber comes, take the job. Like BUSOPERATOR3319 said, you CAN pick into BK. You just can't pick into SI or Queens. If somehow in the future you wanted to switch over to SI or Queens, you could without going through training again. November is almost here. Start thinking about what you want, and more importantly, start counting down.

OVERTYME: I don't like giving advice, but the first thing you MUST do is use some kine of punctuation! lol. I have a hard time trying to figure out what you are saying. Now, when Novermber comes, take the job. Like BUSOPERATOR3319 said, you CAN pick into BK. You just can't pick into SI or Queens. If somehow in the future you wanted to switch over to SI or Queens, you could without going through training again. November is almost here. Start thinking about what you want, and more importantly, start counting down.

Hey Chris.. Happy Monday

Trying not to be discouraged before even taking the test but nobody gets SI when they start? No chance? How much would that suck since I can walk to Yukon..

Hello everyone I am new to this website and it has been extremely helpful. But anyway, for those of you wondering what list they are calling from....

They sent list 5025 back (I think after the March 17th class. I assume this because When I turned down the first class that they offered me, they called be back for the march 17th class. But when I turned down the march 17th class they said i had to remove my name from the list because it would be going back to dcas soon and i would have been listed as a "No-Hire"- and when I am ready to start I need to restore my name to the list). Anyway, they were waiting for an approval for a new class. They just requsted and received the 5025 list again (on Friday), and have the next date (which I don't know) So I am assuming they have only been calling people off of the 2801 list.Basically If u are on the list for 5025....expect a call soon because they are going to start calling from that list.

Hey Chris.. Happy Monday

Trying not to be discouraged before even taking the test but nobody gets SI when they start? No chance? How much would that suck since I can walk to Yukon..

That could be because Staten Island has the fewest bus operators,don't rule out downtown Manhattan or south Brooklyn. It is a tough call though,I would have to think long and hard if I was forced to go to a Bronx or Manhattan depot,Brooklyn is fine with me if there are no open slots in Queens.

Do you have a cdl or a cdl permit?

Archived