Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DOB2RTO said it right. Listen people, my class is the largest class since after 9/11. There are 108 people in it. They are hiring 1200 people including my class. They are having another 11 classes after mine. That means another hundred each class. Guess what though!!!???!!?? NOT EVERYBODY PASSES. They only have another 2800 to call. To get 1200 people they will have to go into test #8006. Using their 1 out of 4 ratio, they will have to call 4800 to get 1200. THERE ARE ONLY 2800 LEFT ON MY LIST. Jacquie, your husband WILL be called before the end of the year. -NOTE: At the beginning of this post, I wrote the whole process in cronological order. You take the BOSS survey first. It is impossible for them to call you for the drug test first. 2 reasons for that. 1-why would they test you for drugs if you are a serial killer. 2- They only call those for the drug test after they got the OK that the person passed the BOSS. Jacquie, just take it day by day.

For those taking test #8006: if you score high, you will be called as early as next year. PERIOD.

Chris Frusci

DOB2RTO said it right. Listen people, my class is the largest class since after 9/11. There are 108 people in it. They are hiring 1200 people including my class. They are having another 11 classes after mine. That means another hundred each class. Guess what though!!!???!!?? NOT EVERYBODY PASSES. They only have another 2800 to call. To get 1200 people they will have to go into test #8006. Using their 1 out of 4 ratio, they will have to call 4800 to get 1200. THERE ARE ONLY 2800 LEFT ON MY LIST. Jacquie, your husband WILL be called before the end of the year. -NOTE: At the beginning of this post, I wrote the whole process in cronological order. You take the BOSS survey first. It is impossible for them to call you for the drug test first. 2 reasons for that. 1-why would they test you for drugs if you are a serial killer. 2- They only call those for the drug test after they got the OK that the person passed the BOSS. Jacquie, just take it day by day.

For those taking test #8006: if you score high, you will be called as early as next year. PERIOD.

Chris Frusci

I had 57 in my class, by the time we graduated 37 was left. Some fail, some quit.

Congrats for your husband Jacquie. Now after he passes the boss survey, figure every 2 weeks there is a class. Now, March third my class went in. We were up to list #1600. They will need another 100 people for the march 17th class (There is a class going in march 17th. This is a fact). To get 100 people, they have to call 400. That brings the called number up to 2000 by march 17th. Are you following me? Now I will just do the math on what I will call, a "calling chart".

March 3rd- 1600

March 17th-2000

March 31st-2400

April 14th- 2800

April 28th- 3200

May 12th- 3600

May 26th- 4000

June 9th- 4400

Going by their mass hiring, you husband should be in a class come May 12th, or May 26th. Or the TA could just say forget it and not hire anyone (but I highly doubt that). I say this whole list is completes by the end of June. Which brings me to my next point.

For those taking test # 8006. I think you will be called maybe even sooner than I thought. Could even be by the end of the summer.

Chris Frusci

Chris, I have been reading your posts. Thank you for all your great info. Now those dates you gave. Did you mean those are the class dates or the dates those numbers should be called by. Because i am 2180 and have taken my boss exam.

Thank you again

Matt

More likely the call date. You could startt by that date though. Meaning it could also be your first day of training. Again, its my opinion. This is what I'm hearing. 2180 is only 600 numbers higher than the last guy in my class. I think you start within a month (start training at 750 zerega avenue in the bronx). Good luck!

Chris Frusci

How is the training going? good i hope. So far so good on my end. The past few days have been.........informational. My instructor is pretty cool though, Supt. Rockwell. The simulator was awful, I'm glad thats over. Did your instructor hang his leg out of the front door when the door closed after stops? Mines did. Was'nt funny at all.

BKNITTI: Hey Hamlin. Yea the simulator got me very dizzy. My super is Careccia. Yea, lol my super did the same thing when we shut the door. Just to remind us to keep our eyes on the doors to make sure everyone is in, and no one is running up to the bus.

Good luck with the rest of training. See you at graduation.

Chris Frusci

i have read so many messages saying that only 1 in 4 actually make it through. I know the training is probbably hard, but why is the ratio so low. Do many people fail out before training , like do they fail out during the medical? or during the background check? or is it mainly the can't handle the training? Do they ask people to go during training ? It is a high rate of not making it if it is only 1 in 4. Thanks for all your information and hope you are doing well.

i have read so many messages saying that only 1 in 4 actually make it through. I know the training is probbably hard, but why is the ratio so low. Do many people fail out before training , like do they fail out during the medical? or during the background check? or is it mainly the can't handle the training? Do they ask people to go during training ? It is a high rate of not making it if it is only 1 in 4. Thanks for all your information and hope you are doing well.

Well remember that you only have 10 business days to make it. The reason most people don't make it is because people get too nervous during the days they have to qualify. You have 3 days to qualify (basically when I say qualify, its really a road test). Those qualifying days are day 7, 9 and 10. Don't worry so much about that. If you work hard enough, you will get it. Wasn't it meatloaf that said "2 out of 3 ain't bad"? Just imagine what he would think of 3 out of 4. You will do fine. Just because of the simple fact that you are on this website tells me that you want it bad enough. You will qualify day 7. Mark my words. I would bet on it.

Chris Frusci

Thanks Chris I do want this bad. you made me feel better that if I really want it Ill do it I will let you know when I am called

What is your list number? Or are you taking the test this april? I made the "calling chart" on page 6. So if you took the last test, you will get a good idea on there.

Thanks Chris that sounds better. My list number is 2909, i was called to take the boss exam on Feb 29.i looked at your chart and I am hoping to get called soon. I also took the boss exam for the Masbtoa also in Feb. Which division is better? or are they the same? You really have helped me out a lot.

Thanks Chris that sounds better. My list number is 2909, i was called to take the boss exam on Feb 29.i looked at your chart and I am hoping to get called soon. I also took the boss exam for the Masbtoa also in Feb. Which division is better? or are they the same? You really have helped me out a lot.

Now, MABSTOA and NYCT have fully merged for anyone who is coming in now. There are some slight differences. DOB2RTO would know better because when he joined MABSTOA back in 2006, they were still different. MAbstoa makes about 1 dollar less per hour. Here is the important part. When you go in training for mabstoa, they seat you in seniority order. Unless you have drove already for MABSTOA like DOB2RTO, they seat you in the backk of the class. So if you went in through mabstoa, you would be sitting in the back of the class. The significance of sitting in the back of the class has to do with when you pick the depot you want to get into. Everyone in front of you would have been on the NYCT list from test #5025. There list numbers could be from 2000-2500. You Mabstoa list # could be 1, you still sit behind them. Now lets say everyone passes, and your seat number is 108 (the absolute last person in the class), you won't even get to pick a depot. They will just send you wherever they need you. That could mean any of the 19 depots in the whole 5 boroughs. Yet, if you wait for NYCT to call you, you would be higher in your class.

There are stipulations to what I'm saying. Even if you are the last in your class, and lets say they tell you "namm, your dead last so we need you in manhatten and the Michael J Quill depot on 42nd street", you can still transfer out in december to another depot in brooklyn, bronx and manhatten. YOU CAN ONLY GET INTO A STATEN ISLAND OR A QUEENS DEPOT THROUGH A TRANSFER FROM YOU SIGN THE FIRST DAY OF TRAINING. Staten Island and Queens are a different union. So if you prefer one of those boroughs, once they call you in, then you can go. That could take anywhere from 1 day to up to 2 years depending on how many people are waiting.

Now remember when I said if you get into manhatten brooklyn or the bronx you can only transfer to another depot in those boroughs in december? Thats because in December, they have something called a "system pick". A system pick allows you to transfer to another depot ONLY IN THE SAME UNION. There is no system pick to transfer to a depot in SI or queens, thats through the transfer form I was talking about.

Thats the significance of going in on the nyct 5025 list rather than the mabstoa list. You will be able to get into the depot that you want quicker. Thats all. You know you are definatly getting called for nyct. So I say, just take the extra buck per hour and wait.

NOTE: I am confused about something. For everyone taking test # 8006 and for everyone on the current mabstoa list from last year, when I spoke to Juanita Chestnut at 180 livingston, she said they are not calling anyone from the manstoa list. They might be calling everyone on nyct 5025 first, then once that list clears, they call the mabstoa list and then they will start the nyct8006 list. Not to sure about that. Either way, like I said, you can't figure the mta out. They do what they want, when they want.

Chris Frusci

hi im new to this post i find the information very helpful its really nice to see others willing to help others i would just like to know in oct. i filled out the coupon in the newapaper for the bus operater exam #2801 where you just had to send in a 30 dollor money order there was no civil service test for this exam i just recived a letter last week to take the boss exam on the 11th of march i would just like to know what to expect next if i pass the boss exam about how long could it take to be called for the training my list # is 3405 and can i still get into the training if i already have my cdl but i have a n2 resticttion meaning i am not allowed to transport no more than 8 pasengers i actullay got my cdl through dsny at floyd bennett field in bklyn but was never called becuse the list expired before they got to my list #it was the list that expired in feb.08 :confused:

hi im new to this post i find the information very helpful its really nice to see others willing to help others i would just like to know in oct. i filled out the coupon in the newapaper for the bus operater exam #2801 where you just had to send in a 30 dollor money order there was no civil service test for this exam i just recived a letter last week to take the boss exam on the 11th of march i would just like to know what to expect next if i pass the boss exam about how long could it take to be called for the training my list # is 3405 and can i still get into the training if i already have my cdl but i have a n2 resticttion meaning i am not allowed to transport no more than 8 pasengers i actullay got my cdl through dsny at floyd bennett field in bklyn but was never called becuse the list expired before they got to my list #it was the list that expired in feb.08 :confused:

Overtyme: Thats the MABSTOA list. Im not too sure how long it will take for that list to be called. Either way, if you are taking the BOSS exam now it can't be too far away.

To get into training you must have atleast a cdl permit class B, no restrictions with a passenger endorsement and air brake endorsement.

Archived