Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

lol...thats funny, I think The Road Test is going To be in Whitestone. They scheduled the roadtest B4 we even started training. The only thing I hate about training is calling out all of those hazards....."hazard to the left pedestrian is Jay walking....school crossing.....Height of the overpass" So much talkiing I feel like Im giving a state of the union speech.

I haven't heard anything bad about Whitestone,so you should be ok. Strange that they would schedule it that far in advance as driving schools can get road test appointments on short notice.

Calling out hazards is very important. They want to make sure that you are observing and recognizing things around you. Keep us posted.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is exactly how I trained with Academy bus and took my road test in the Bronx. I just have to remember the brake test.

If I remember correctly,your on the #8006 list,and you got the same score as I did(12 wrong). What list number range are you in? Are you taking the BOSS again? You took it once last year for Mabstoa.

lol that is the oldest joke in the ta. Trash on that truck doesn't talk. Ha Ha. hey Rto how is life underground?

Well since I'm on the PM's, it's great now. Love the (4) to Utica, and (2) and (5)<5> to Flatbush. Two high traffic stations, where the young ghetto ladies are very cute friendly, and like guys like me.......

That is exactly how I trained with Academy bus and took my road test in the Bronx. I just have to remember the brake test.
The break test seemed easier to remember than all the parts of the bus on the outside expection. I'm nervous about being to cocky and messing up on the turns by doing it too fast or possibly backingi it up. We didnt go over parking or str8 backing,that might be difficult also.

Well since I'm on the PM's, it's great now. Love the (4) to Utica, and (2) and (5)<5> to Flatbush. Two high traffic stations, where the young ghetto ladies are very cute friendly, and like guys like me.......
easy player ....an O.G. once told me on this website MTA=ATM for some ladies.

If I remember correctly,your on the #8006 list,and you got the same score as I did(12 wrong). What list number range are you in? Are you taking the BOSS again? You took it once last year for Mabstoa.
YesI am taking the BOSS on Mon. Im in the low 600s as far as test and list#. :cool:(NYCT)

YesI am taking the BOSS on Mon. Im in the low 600s as far as test and list#. :cool:(NYCT)

I am taking it on the day after(19th). Just curious to know up to what list # they are giving to BOSS to. I don't think they go through the whole list in one shot.

Staten Island is supposed to build another depot,not sure of the status. Charleston depot should be ready by the end of this year. They need it badly.

Hey now,keep your eyes on the tracks...your still a probie right?;)

I am taking it on the day after(19th). Just curious to know up to what list # they are giving to BOSS to. I don't think they go through the whole list in one shot.

Staten Island is supposed to build another depot,not sure of the status. Charleston depot should be ready by the end of this year. They need it badly.

The Charleston depot is shaping up but They really need another depot on the island.:cool:(NYCT)

• 2 weeks later...

charelston depot is comming along fast, looks great, is big but the property is much bigger than normal, staten island is down as of today 40 operators, with the new depot, im guess staten island will be the place to go, i am a operator out of caselton, i live in brooklyn, and i will pay the 10$ toll for the rest of my 33 yrs i have to give...the s46 and s48 are our most livly lines we have and i have to say our worst day is an average day in brooklyn...and they are only 36 min long

charelston depot is comming along fast, looks great, is big but the property is much bigger than normal, staten island is down as of today 40 operators, with the new depot, im guess staten island will be the place to go, i am a operator out of caselton, i live in brooklyn, and i will pay the 10$ toll for the rest of my 33 yrs i have to give...the s46 and s48 are our most livly lines we have and i have to say our worst day is an average day in brooklyn...and they are only 36 min long

Every time I hear about an incident over the scanner,most of the time it's from brooklyn,the only thing that I hear from Staten Island is when a bus breakdowns or detours. You guys go on the NJTpke right?

Funny story: A dispatcher told this B/O over the radio that you can't wear a Yankees cap,the B/O answered that it wasn't a Yankees cap,it was a Castleton depot cap,he repeated it twice,then the dispatcher asked him "Are you a Yankees fan?...the B/O responded,that is neither here nor there. lol

Every time I hear about an incident over the scanner,most of the time it's from brooklyn,the only thing that I hear from Staten Island is when a bus breakdowns or detours. You guys go on the NJTpke right?

Funny story: A dispatcher told this B/O over the radio that you can't wear a Yankees cap,the B/O answered that it wasn't a Yankees cap,it was a Castleton depot cap,he repeated it twice,then the dispatcher asked him "Are you a Yankees fan?...the B/O responded,that is neither here nor there. lol

nj turnpike yes, and as for the hat it sounds common we usually take the logo from the socks and put it on our hats so they cant really say anything...staten island is the bomb!

I am in the low 600s and I havent heard anything about that BOSS for MaBstoa. I already took the BOSS for 8006 and now just waiting...(MTA)

Archived