Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

1. The pay is the same for OA and TA. We do not make anything less. The top pay should be 26.92 or 26 something. TA and OA have the same contract. Only Queens and STI was different, due to them being Amalgamated.

2. My trainer Dan Cook would stick his arm out instead.

3. Anyone hired after December 2002 is both TA and OA. You still would get your check, and/or your pension based on TA or OA. You pick into a OA depot, on your check it would say Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority. Pick into TA it would state whatever it says there.

4. With all of the new people being hired, there are still runs that end up open. More runs have been created for some lines. The Bx41 now has 58 runs, up from 56. The Bx36 which at the beginning of last year had 58 runs, has 62. The Bx1/2 and the Bx3 is going to go 24hrs, not this pick. Either the summer or fall pick this will happen.

5. Rumors have been flying that the 50-70hr runs will go bye-bye, and everything would become 40-45 hrs. If so, that would explain the mass hiring. Alot of the big runs have already went bye-bye anyway.

Last, to Harry. You wanted MTA employees here, and now you have a plenty. Good thing I posted those exam books. Lured alot of people into here.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi im new to this post i find the information very helpful its really nice to see others willing to help others i would just like to know in oct. i filled out the coupon in the newapaper for the bus operater exam #2801 where you just had to send in a 30 dollor money order there was no civil service test for this exam i just recived a letter last week to take the boss exam on the 11th of march i would just like to know what to expect next if i pass the boss exam about how long could it take to be called for the training my list # is 3405 and can i still get into the training if i already have my cdl but i have a n2 resticttion meaning i am not allowed to transport no more than 8 pasengers i actullay got my cdl through dsny at floyd bennett field in bklyn but was never called becuse the list expired before they got to my list #it was the list that expired in feb.08 :confused:

Does that mean you don't have passenger endorsement? You will carry 80+ here, so you have to get that taken care of. If you don't have the endorsement get it. Also you might have to take a road test in a bus, for the endorsement to be valid. I don't think they will train you until you get the endorsement. Whether empty or not, a bus is a bus.

1. The pay is the same for OA and TA. We do not make anything less. The top pay should be 26.92 or 26 something. TA and OA have the same contract. Only Queens and STI was different, due to them being Amalgamated.

3. Anyone hired after December 2002 is both TA and OA. You still would get your check, and/or your pension based on TA or OA. You pick into a OA depot, on your check it would say Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority. Pick into TA it would state whatever it says there.

4. With all of the new people being hired, there are still runs that end up open. More runs have been created for some lines. The Bx41 now has 58 runs, up from 56. The Bx36 which at the beginning of last year had 58 runs, has 62. The Bx1/2 and the Bx3 is going to go 24hrs, not this pick. Either the summer or fall pick this will happen.

5. Rumors have been flying that the 50-70hr runs will go bye-bye, and everything would become 40-45 hrs. If so, that would explain the mass hiring. Alot of the big runs have already went bye-bye anyway.

Last, to Harry. You wanted MTA employees here, and now you have a plenty. Good thing I posted those exam books. Lured alot of people into here.

Hey DOB. I knew you would know alot more about the whole NYCT-MABSTOA (OA- you know what OA stands for) difference. So basically, it becomes impossible to make money now that those 70 hour runs are gone? Since they cut the hours, they are cutting the work as well? Ive been hearing that in training but Im still confused. How will the basic express run work? Thos were the only 70 hour runs to begin with. How could they cut it? You just take 1 run in the morning and your done? Just get back to me on this one. Thanks

How long after your hired do you get to pick a run? years?

Its different every depot. It could be a year, could be a couple of months. Some runs aren't the same route everyday. For example, you can have the 44 on monday and tue. The 47 on wed. The 57 on thur and the 54 on fri. The only thing that stays the same on runs are your days off and the time you go in.

Its different every depot. It could be a year, could be a couple of months. Some runs aren't the same route everyday. For example, you can have the 44 on monday and tue. The 47 on wed. The 57 on thur and the 54 on fri. The only thing that stays the same on runs are your days off and the time you go in.

RDO floaters. I'm working that now, and also had runs, some of which gave me the runs......

To NOGIMMICKS: It does depend on the depot. You will pick something when the pick starts. There is the X-tra list, RDO Floaters, and Runs. The extra list, you report and if work opens up, you will be assigned that. Sometimes you will know the day before, as they already assigned you a run for the next day (on Fridays and weekends it does). If nothing opens up, here in OA (Operating Authority, short for MaBSTOA), they send you to do pull-ups. That just means you pull the buses up, just before the fuel pumps. RDO Floaters, are runs but different ones. It can vary. For example, you can work SUN/MON doing run 21 on the Bx55, be off Tues/Wed, work 18 on the Bx55 Thur/Fri, and work 13 on the Bx55 Sat. That is a straight floater as it is the same line, just different runs. You can have some where you work for example Sun 20 on the Bx7, Mon 18 on the Bx10, Tues 20 on the M100, be off Wed/Thur, work 16 on the Bx1 Fri, and Sat work 30 on the Bx41. The most common is 4 days same line, and one day a different line.

Hey DOB. I knew you would know alot more about the whole NYCT-MABSTOA (OA- you know what OA stands for) difference. So basically, it becomes impossible to make money now that those 70 hour runs are gone? Since they cut the hours, they are cutting the work as well? Ive been hearing that in training but Im still confused. How will the basic express run work? Thos were the only 70 hour runs to begin with. How could they cut it? You just take 1 run in the morning and your done? Just get back to me on this one. Thanks

For the senior guys who got used to it, it does. That means they have to do overtime. Cutting the hours actually creates runs. That is how I think two additional runs got added to the Bx41 line. Remember those big runs are do to 3hr breaks. They would eliminate those 3 hr breaks, and make then 40-60 min instead.

Ok. So explain to me what would happen with this route. Lets say the X1 out of Staten Island leaves Yukon depot at 600 hours. They are in Manhattan by 7:45, and return back to yukon at 9:00. Lets say they are off till 3:45, leave yukon at 4:00 and get to manhatten by 5:15 to pick up passengers. They return to yukon at 7:00 p.m. and this run is now finished for the day. Now this is a 13 hour run, and there was a 7 hour swing in between. What happens now since it is getting cut? Do they just do the morning run, and someone else will do the everning run and they just create two runs 8 hours each?

BKLYNBOB: Isn't it close to getting passed? Word around yukon depot is that it was already signed. If it is not passed yet, it must be close.

We got the same info at OA. Thing is instead of the 1.5% we pay towards pensions, it will become 6% we pay, if the 20/50 comes through. Now I read the "bill", and it states a few different things, such as current members can stay in the 25/55 etc..... A glimpse of it can be found here: http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A05778

We got the same info at OA. Thing is instead of the 1.5% we pay towards pensions, it will become 6% we pay, if the 20/50 comes through. Now I read the "bill", and it states a few different things, such as current members can stay in the 25/55 etc..... A glimpse of it can be found here: http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A05778

was vetoed by pataki last go round................ya think spitzer will veto also?

Im 1536 and took my BOSS on 2/20. Im all the way in Orlando FL and anxiously waiting to book a flight. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Prodeq: First I have to ask which list are you on. Are you on the MABSTOA list or the NYCT list. In other words, to get that list number did you take an actual civil service exam, or did you just send the money order in and they sent you a random list # in the mail?

Last week I called the office and was told that they were up to 1400 . today i calledhe and she said they are up to 1100 on the 5025 exam . it is impossible to get a right answer from them !!!! i took the boss exam on feb 29.

Supposedly the 20/50 was already signed. Thats what it sais on the website. ON THE 5025 LIST, they are way passed 1400. Someones list number in my class is 1540. They are probably up to 2200. Or atleast somewhere areound there.

NOGIMMECKS: You get a letter in the mail for the drug test, then you get called over the phone for your medical.

Supposedly the 20/50 was already signed. Thats what it sais on the website. ON THE 5025 LIST, they are way passed 1400. Someones list number in my class is 1540. They are probably up to 2200. Or atleast somewhere areound there.

NOGIMMECKS: You get a letter in the mail for the drug test, then you get called over the phone for your medical.

I hope they arent up to 2200, cause i am 2180 and havent been called yet! lol

Archived