Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you number is 2180 then you are pretty close. I mean any day now you should get a letter. Again, that has to be 2180 on list 5025. Im not talking about a mabstoa list. It has to be the NYCT list 5025. They don't know what was the last list # called. They really don't. Like I said, there is someone in my class with a 1500 list number and there is a class going in on mar 17th.

Prodeq: First I have to ask which list are you on. Are you on the MABSTOA list or the NYCT list. In other words, to get that list number did you take an actual civil service exam, or did you just send the money order in and they sent you a random list # in the mail?

Im on the MABSTOA list, I sent the money order in and received random list #1536. I took the 2801 BOSS Exam on 2/20.

Im on the MABSTOA list, I sent the money order in and received random list #1536. I took the 2801 BOSS Exam on 2/20.

Ok. If I'm not mistaken, they are taking people from exam # 5025 first, then they are taking your list. That is a relatively low list number, so when they do dtart calling you it should be quick. Don't get discouraged though. By the summertime you could be called in for a medical.

The number is 347-643-8237 and just give them the exam number. I get a different number each time I call

They don't know squat at that number (employment). That is why I could never find out if I got a letter sent out for the LAB for T/O. That is why I found out 2 weeks later, after speaking to someone in HR, that I got a letter, and was suppose to go for a LAB 2 weeks prior. That number is the employment number. There is a number you can call, where you give your list #, and find out if you were called or not. This is the HR number. I won't give it out over this general page though.

i had a question how come all the other broughs get new buses and staten island gets old bus from the other broughs because all i see is we get rts in staten island and some orions but not new ones but we did get low floor hybrid 2 of them on staten island for a month does any one know when will we get the hybrid bus

Igor, Staten Island's buses are horrible. We get old buses from other depot's because our buses are so beat up, and our mechanics don't fix them properly. I had to wait a half hour just to get a signal bulb changed. We exchange buses with Ulmer Park all of the time. The process goes like this. We get a new bus, in six months it's shot, so we send it to brooklyn to get fixed. In return Brooklyn will send over one of their buses. After we beat up that bus, then they give us back the bus we originally gave to them (and by that time, the bus is in tip top shape).

Igor, Staten Island's buses are horrible. We get old buses from other depot's because our buses are so beat up, and our mechanics don't fix them properly. I had to wait a half hour just to get a signal bulb changed. We exchange buses with Ulmer Park all of the time. The process goes like this. We get a new bus, in six months it's shot, so we send it to brooklyn to get fixed. In return Brooklyn will send over one of their buses. After we beat up that bus, then they give us back the bus we originally gave to them (and by that time, the bus is in tip top shape).

Then you all beat it up again, and it's sent back out again, which you all get something from another depots again, while they fix the bus that is beat up again, which is again sent back after it is fixed again, and the bus they sent you in place of the one that they fixed up again, is bought back to them, more beat up than it was before they sent it to you all. Vicious cycle it is :rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D. Buses don't need to be tested on the streets of NYC to see if they hold up. They just need to be sent to STI, lol.

Then you all beat it up again, and it's sent back out again, which you all get something from another depots again, while they fix the bus that is beat up again, which is again sent back after it is fixed again, and the bus they sent you in place of the one that they fixed up again, is bought back to them, more beat up than it was before they sent it to you all. Vicious cycle it is :rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D. Buses don't need to be tested on the streets of NYC to see if they hold up. They just need to be sent to STI, lol.

LOL we had a kingsbridge bus today. Fresh out of Kingsbridge. They didn't even take the sticker off of it!

LOL we had a kingsbridge bus today. Fresh out of Kingsbridge. They didn't even take the sticker off of it!

You better bring it back, and bring it back now, lol. I wonder what we got in its place. I was going to pick on a 40ft line next week when I pick, but since we are getting STI 40ft dawgs, I have to think twice about it now......I made my decision, I will go to the 40ft line as the likely-hood of breaking down has increased, since we got some STI 40fters. I will always hope for a 500series, to roll up when I make my relief.

wow that`s crazy half hour to wait just to change a single bulb wow if i was the mechanic or the qaulity control personal none of the buses would be on the road. yea they don`t fix them right half the time i get on the bus chris the bell is broken the sign don`t display the route number that the driver has to write on paper the route number fare box brakes wow if those buses were on the s89 route and in jersey they have a pit stop inspection for buses random pit stop so if they find one of those issues the bus will be put out of service.

oh in the early 1980`s the bus brand grumman those buses were crap meaning the frame on those buses would brake that`s y the mta had a law suit with that manufactur they should have swaped the frame a thick frame soled one from a fish bowl when that bus hit a pot hole the frame would crack

Also, Mabstoa is ta as well. You will be in the same class as us. There are people from mabstoa in our class now. Any questions just mail me on the site or post up another post. Thanks.

Chris

Chris, do you know if any of your mabstoa classmembers took exam 2801? and if so, do you know any of their list#?

Chris, do you know if any of your mabstoa classmembers took exam 2801? and if so, do you know any of their list#?

When I said people on the mabstoa list, I meant people from mabstoa. They are using up list 5205 first, then they are going to 2801. 5025 came out first. They used the old mabstoa list (the on where the filing begane sept 05) before they used 5025. So it went mabstoa, nyct (currently 5025) then they will use 2801. Keep in mind, 2801 will go alot faster than 5205. Alot of people fail that drug test. ALOT. I was number 5700 on the last mabstoa list and they got to my number in 1 1/2 years.

Did you turn down the mabstoa when they called you? I am on the mabstoa list and I took the exam 5025. I was called to take the boss exam for both in the same week. Same test just on diffrent floors. I think I will take the nyct if it comes?

Archived