Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

The Smartphone War: iphone3GS vs. Droid vs. Blackberry Storm

I decided to make a thread to get some opinions on smartphones, the latest trend in electronics. Which smart phones are the best in terms of apps, speed, battery life, wireless nextwork affiliations etc,.? Which smartphones could still improve? Which smartphones are just plain DUMB? I gave 3 examples in the title even though more phones can be discussed.

Apps: iPhone/iPod touch hands down victory no ifs ands or buts lol. They have quantity & quality over other platforms. Droid is second, then the Storm.

Speed: (probably not noticeable)

1. iPhone - 600mhz

2. Droid - 550mhz

3. Storm - 528mhz

Battery Life: Debatable/Similar.

Networks: Droid/Storm (both on Verizon).

All Andoid phones.Iphone is way overated and apple treats this phonelike its the president of the U.S.Remember the employee at Foxconn who killed himself when he lost an Iphone prototype.Apple had that man shook like dice.

Apps: iPhone/iPod touch hands down victory no ifs ands or buts lol. They have quantity & quality over other platforms. Droid is second, then the Storm.

Speed: (probably not noticeable)

1. iPhone - 600mhz

2. Droid - 550mhz

3. Storm - 528mhz

Battery Life: Debatable/Similar.

Networks: Droid/Storm (both on Verizon).

Oh no no, those speeds make a HUGE difference. Try using a Blackberry and a HD2, and you'll see.

All Andoid phones.Iphone is way overated and apple treats this phonelike its the president of the U.S.Remember the employee at Foxconn who killed himself when he lost an Iphone prototype.Apple had that man shook like dice.

iPhones AND Android phones are the same crappy style of smartphones, it's just that the iPhone has more publicity.

If you want to work on a smartphone, go buy a Windows Mobile phone. I guarantee at least 65% of you would throw said Windows Mobile phone on the floor after 5 minutes :P

Droid. iPhone is a little too overrated, IMHO.

And I combat your vote with the HD2.

htc_hd2_slashgear_hands-on_14-424x500.jpg

Oh no no, those speeds make a HUGE difference. Try using a Blackberry and a HD2, and you'll see.

iPhones AND Android phones are the same crappy style of smartphones, it's just that the iPhone has more publicity.

If you want to work on a smartphone, go buy a Windows Mobile phone. I guarantee at least 65% of you would throw said Windows Mobile phone on the floor after 5 minutes :P

And I combat your vote with the HD2.

htc_hd2_slashgear_hands-on_14-424x500.jpg

LOL. But, if that was an option in the first post, I would have said HTC.

Also, I'm really getting sick of Steve Jobs's products. iPod, okay, don't mind. iTouch, cool gadget. And then the iPhone?? I mean, the iPhone is just an upgraded iTouch with calling capability. And a third of the world made a huge fuss with that. And now the iPad, which I'm not going to talk about.

LOL. But, if that was an option in the first post, I would have said HTC.

Also, I'm really getting sick of Steve Jobs's products. iPod, okay, don't mind. iTouch, cool gadget. And then the iPhone?? I mean, the iPhone is just an upgraded iTouch with calling capability. And a third of the world made a huge fuss with that. And now the iPad, which I'm not going to talk about.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! The iPod Touch and the iPhone....okay. But what the HELL is the iPsd for? It's a freakin' castrated iPhone

-No capabilities of talk

-Still need AT&T's data plan

-Can't view Flash-based sites

-Yet it's friggin' 4 times larger than the iPhone

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! The iPod Touch and the iPhone....okay. But what the HELL is the iPsd for? It's a freakin' castrated iPhone

-No capabilities of talk

-Still need AT&T's data plan

-Can't view Flash-based sites

-Yet it's friggin' 4 times larger than the iPhone

Not only that, there's no USB port. And in lieu of PC software, you only get apps. What I rather do is, save some money, get a decent PC laptop. I mean, a laptop may be bulky, but at least I have more software and I could type with ease. It's pricey as hell given the demand.

Note all phones are in order for company, companies not in any particular order.

T-Mobile

*G2 aka Mytouch

*Motorola Cliq

*Samsung Behold II

ATT

*Motorola Backflip

Verizon

*Motorola Droid

*Motorola Devour

*HTC Droid Incredible

*HTC Droid Eris

Sprint

*Samsung Moment

*HTC Hero

iPhone is over rated? Um, ok. Where's the facts to back this up?

So, remember, all 3G phones on sprint and verizon need a wifi connection to utilize data features while on a call. iPhone does not, as att's 3G system allows for both simultaneously, and att's network has faster peak data speeds.

As someone who's been using an iPhone 3G for over a year, i can say hands down that getting it was a good decision. Everyone i know who uses blackberry wants an iPhone, and these are people in IT and other high tech fields. I don't know anyone who has a droid, i've never actually ever even seen one outside of the phone store, that should be an indicator right there.

- A

So, remember, all 3G phones on sprint and verizon need a wifi connection to utilize data features while on a call. iPhone does not, as att's 3G system allows for both simultaneously, and att's network has faster peak data speeds.

As someone who's been using an iPhone 3G for over a year, i can say hands down that getting it was a good decision. Everyone i know who uses blackberry wants an iPhone, and these are people in IT and other high tech fields. I don't know anyone who has a droid, i've never actually ever even seen one outside of the phone store, that should be an indicator right there.

- A

We're just expressing our opinions here. There's really no harm if one thinks that such and such is overrated. No need for bashing.

Unless Sprint gets the iPhone 4G, I won't touch it. I have a couple friends who have it unlocked for T-Mobile, but it's only EDGE!!!

So until then, I'll stick with my CrackBerry! I love it!! Oh, and I would probably take a touch screen BB if Sprint were to get one. I'm just having a hard time with the idea of not having a QWERTY keyboard.

Note all phones are in order for company, companies not in any particular order.

T-Mobile

*G2 aka Mytouch

*Motorola Cliq

*Samsung Behold II

ATT

*Motorola Backflip

Verizon

*Motorola Droid

*Motorola Devour

*HTC Droid Incredible

*HTC Droid Eris

Sprint

*Samsung Moment

*HTC Hero

The Samsung Behold II SUCKS! My sister had that phone and it was total garbage. The HTC HD2 & Touch Pro 2 are way better than that phone. The UI interface on that phone is just horrible in itself.

The CLIQ is the phone I'm looking to get soon, unless there's a better version of it coming out soon.

I'm surprised this wasnt mentioned, but the iPhone may be coming to T-Mobile this year.

• 2 weeks later...
he HTC HD2 & Touch Pro 2 are way better than that phone.

Hold it.

I have a Touch Pro 2, and I want to throw mine out the friggin' window at times. It constantly freezes, Sometimes when you put it in Airplane Mode, it doesn't want to come back out of it (i.e. If your phone is in Airplane Mode, and it wants to act silly, if you're in a life-or-death emergency and need to call 911........you're dead. :eek:), it presses buttons in your pocket, etc., etc.

I mean, I can deal with it - I did have other Windows Mobile phones, but the average person would throw theirs into a lake, report it stolen and collect the insurance money:p

- A

I been struggling with the decision to get the 3G (Keep in mind i have the first generation Iphone). I'm just trying to find an incentive to grab it.

I been struggling with the decision to get the 3G (Keep in mind i have the first generation Iphone). I'm just trying to find an incentive to grab it.

Are you eligible for an upgrade, even if you get the 3G and not the 3GS?

yeah I am. I've been with AT&T since I was 17 yrs old. It's just the rate plans don't grab me

Oh you poor thing! AT&T for 7 years...... You're good because I couldn't do it.

Oh, and the Samsung Moment sucks too! My ex has one. She says it constantly freezes, and has some severe software glitches.

Hold it.

I have a Touch Pro 2, and I want to throw mine out the friggin' window at times. It constantly freezes, Sometimes when you put it in Airplane Mode, it doesn't want to come back out of it (i.e. If your phone is in Airplane Mode, and it wants to act silly, if you're in a life-or-death emergency and need to call 911........you're dead. :eek:), it presses buttons in your pocket, etc., etc.

I mean, I can deal with it - I did have other Windows Mobile phones, but the average person would throw theirs into a lake, report it stolen and collect the insurance money:p

Most Windows Mobile phones are crappy but the Touch Pro 2 is one of the few that actually does give Windows Mobile a good name, so to speak, especially all the ROMs you can boot into them made by XDA developers.

Oh you poor thing! AT&T for 7 years...... You're good because I couldn't do it.

Oh, and the Samsung Moment sucks too! My ex has one. She says it constantly freezes, and has some severe software glitches.

Samsung is losing their touch it seems, the last good phone I've actually used from them was the Memoir.

Most Windows Mobile phones are crappy but the Touch Pro 2 is one of the few that actually does give Windows Mobile a good name, so to speak, especially all the ROMs you can boot into them made by XDA developers.

true, true.

I admit like Windows Phone 7 and all those new Dell phones coming out, they are hot, but Windows 6.5 doesn't interest me.

I still feel the iPhone is the best though, I use an iPod touch and a MyTouch daily and the iPhone OS is just superior to me, I don't hate Android even though I'm stuck on 1.6 :mad:, I like Google Navigation and stuff like that but ehh.

I want to upgrade to an iPhone 4G/HD from this old, outdated, laggy MyTouch.

Also: HTC EVO 4G > HTC HD2 even though they're heavily related, one has Android and one has Windows.

T-Mobile is still my favorite carrier.

The Samsung Behold II SUCKS! My sister had that phone and it was total garbage. The HTC HD2 & Touch Pro 2 are way better than that phone. The UI interface on that phone is just horrible in itself.

The CLIQ is the phone I'm looking to get soon, unless there's a better version of it coming out soon.

I'm surprised this wasnt mentioned, but the iPhone may be coming to T-Mobile this year.

There's the new MyTouch Slide coming out in June, IDK how they stack up to each other but I just wanted to throw that out there since they seem somewhat similar.

Archived