The Smartphone War: iphone3GS vs. Droid vs. Blackberry Storm

I don't hate Android even though I'm stuck on 1.6 :mad:

Not our fault you bought the NoTouch 3G :P

There's the new MyTouch Slide coming out in June, IDK how they stack up to each other but I just wanted to throw that out there since they seem somewhat similar.

the new MyTouch Slide will be about 13% faster than the old one (in CPU speed)

I admit like Windows Phone 7 and all those new Dell phones coming out, they are hot, but Windows 6.5 doesn't interest me.

I still feel the iPhone is the best though, I use an iPod touch and a MyTouch daily and the iPhone OS is just superior to me, I don't hate Android even though I'm stuck on 1.6 :mad:, I like Google Navigation and stuff like that but ehh.

I want to upgrade to an iPhone 4G/HD from this old, outdated, laggy MyTouch.

Also: HTC EVO 4G > HTC HD2 even though they're heavily related, one has Android and one has Windows.

T-Mobile is still my favorite carrier.

There's the new MyTouch Slide coming out in June, IDK how they stack up to each other but I just wanted to throw that out there since they seem somewhat similar.

Yeah, I knew about that phone, but I like the CLIQ's keyboard design. We'll see what comes.

I wouldnt touch a Dell Phone, they might suck just as much as their PCs:tdown:

Stuck on Android 1.6? I believe there are a bunch of places that has custom Android ROMs, you can get 2.1 in some places, unsure of where though.

Yeah, I knew about that phone, but I like the CLIQ's keyboard design. We'll see what comes.

I wouldnt touch a Dell Phone, they might suck just as much as their PCs:tdown:

IAWTP. Dell sucks.

why do ppl hate dell lol theres worse computers out there im fine with dell imo lol

Dell computers weren't so good to my brother...after a while his laptop shut off on him to the point where it was no longer usable and he bought a new one. The thing is, he's always downloading a lot of shit on it so that's why it acts up on him. My mom has a Dell desktop but she barely uses it.

I have an IBM desktop and a Toshiba netbook.

The virtual keyboards on the iPhone and Storm make them irrelevant for me. I need tactile response, and only the Droid can provide that out of the three.

As for the lack of concurrent data and voice connections, well, that's largely irrelevant for most folks. The iPhone is and continues to be nothing but a showcase product for Apple with more flash than function.

Dell computers weren't so good to my brother...after a while his laptop shut off on him to the point where it was no longer usable and he bought a new one. The thing is, he's always downloading a lot of shit on it so that's why it acts up on him. My mom has a Dell desktop but she barely uses it.

I have an IBM desktop and a Toshiba netbook.

Ugh, after my work experience promoting the damned things I want nothing to do with Dell. Go for HP/Toshiba folks.

The virtual keyboards on the iPhone and Storm make them irrelevant for me. I need tactile response, and only the Droid can provide that out of the three.

As for the lack of concurrent data and voice connections, well, that's largely irrelevant for most folks. The iPhone is and continues to be nothing but a showcase product for Apple with more flash than function.

The iPhone doesn't even have flash! :P

(no Flash support)

Ugh, after my work experience promoting the damned things I want nothing to do with Dell. Go for HP/Toshiba folks.

Dell = overrated.

I got a gaming HP laptop, $900.

Comparable Dell, $1800+

the iphone is a joke just get an itouch and dont even get me started with the ipad

the iphone is a joke just get an itouch and dont even get me started with the ipad
I have an Itouch, the thing that sucks about it is I can't find a solid wifi signal for my online games.

Totally agree, I keep having to backspace because the 'keyboard' keeps showing a different letter and i hate the autospell that replaces a word automatically. I would prefer a physical button vs the screen.

Yeah, like another poster said, Dell is overrated junk.

My mom has had her desktop for so long because she barely uses it.

The iPhone doesn't even have flash! :P

(no Flash support)

As much as I like the iPod touch/iPhone it kills me as to why there hasn't been an OS update that can have the two support flash.

If I get the iPhone it's gonna render my iPod touch redundant. For some reason I like the iPhone I just wonder what the next version coming out this June has to offer.

Dells' business lines are solid equipment. I've had a number of Latitudes and OptiPlex systems, none of them ever gave me any trouble. My current laptop, a Latitude D630, has been serving me very well for a few years now.

Their consumer stuff is well, garbage. Wouldn't touch it with a six foot pole...

Yeah, i still have my Dell 8600 inspiron. Though I don't use it much now [almost a whole year now], it still works well enough - that's at least a good 7 years and no major problems and never had to send it in for repairs.

I use the HP dv7 pavillion more now. But I had to send it to the shop because it kept f'ing up. At least it works fine now.

I don't even like the iPad. Lots of room for improvement before I consider buying one.

that wasn't meant as a reply for you. just wanted to post it :P

I have $250 for a frivolous purchase. Convince me to get an iPod touch........

that wasn't meant as a reply for you. just wanted to post it :P

I have $250 for a frivolous purchase. Convince me to get an iPod touch........

Get an iPod touch...or else >:-)

MWAHAHAHAHA! :P

But why should I? :P

Well for me it makes things easier when you're syncing everything from your computer to your device, be it music, videos, photos or even games. I really don't have to worry about locating the proper folder like some phones where it's a hassle to drag and drop it into the right place. I got so accustomed to it that anything else is basically a downgrade.

Of course, you can get a regular iPod but no Internet in your hands.

Archived