The Smartphone War: iphone3GS vs. Droid vs. Blackberry Storm

Well for me it makes things easier when you're syncing everything from your computer to your device, be it music, videos, photos or even games. I really don't have to worry about locating the proper folder like some phones where it's a hassle to drag and drop it into the right place. I got so accustomed to it that anything else is basically a downgrade.

Of course, you can get a regular iPod but no Internet in your hands.

On the flipside, iTunes is a total pain in the a$$. I chose the ZuneHD over the iTouch.

On the flipside, iTunes is a total pain in the a$$. I chose the ZuneHD over the iTouch.

Zune = meh.

My cousin had it for one day and decided to get an iTouch instead. Funny thing was, I TOLD HIM to get the itouch in the first place!

Well for me it makes things easier when you're syncing everything from your computer to your device, be it music, videos, photos or even games. I really don't have to worry about locating the proper folder like some phones where it's a hassle to drag and drop it into the right place. I got so accustomed to it that anything else is basically a downgrade.

Of course, you can get a regular iPod but no Internet in your hands.

I have a regular iPod. The battery is dead.

I have a regular iPod. The battery is dead.

Easily replaceable. I still have an iPod photo (the original color iPod) that has gone through a few battery swaps over the years. Takes ten minutes max.

If I were to go to a typical apple store: do they have a service where the people there can swap out an itouch battery? In a few months I think I'll need a new battery cuz i can't last a day without charging it for it to work a few hours.

Also when they change the battery, the memory stays intact right? I mean it doesn't reset after they are done?

If I were to go to a typical apple store: do they have a service where the people there can swap out an itouch battery? In a few months I think I'll need a new battery cuz i can't last a day without charging it for it to work a few hours.

Also when they change the battery, the memory stays intact right? I mean it doesn't reset after they are done?

I believe they swap it for you. I don't know how it works but if you've had it for under a year they'll swap it for free; otherwise you'd have to pay for a new one. Also, if you don't want to worry about losing any of your documents in your iPod touch then simply make a backup to your computer, BUT it will take a while so give yourself enough needed time cuz it's not something that will take five minutes or even half an hour at most. I had to reset my iTouch the other day and it took me almost two hours...and this was at 1 in the morning! I WAS TIRED!!! :P

. I had to reset my iTouch the other day and it took me almost two hours...and this was at 1 in the morning! I WAS TIRED!!! :P

HAHA :P

Another Apple fail :(

iPhones and iPods store your music in the .AAC file format.

AAC = Apple's Assinine Creation B)

HAHA :P

Another Apple fail :P

iPhones and iPods store your music in the .AAC file format.

AAC = Apple's Assinine Creation :(

You can also store your music in .mp3 format as that's what most songs are when they're ripped of CDs when you import them. You'll have to convert it to .aac yourself. Songs that you buy from the iTunes Store are .aac by default.

You can also store your music in .mp3 format as that's what most songs are when they're ripped of CDs when you import them. You'll have to convert it to .aac yourself. Songs that you buy from the iTunes Store are .aac by default.

I just used that sentence as an example :P

Why is "NYC Transit Forums Mobile" showing up on my iPod touch? Does this happen to anyone else? It's so complicated but 99% of the time it's the regular site.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

And I'm with LRG on this one, I prefer iTunes & iPods/iPhones. It does act odd at times like sometimes a restore will take 5 mins or either 1-2 hours.

Edit: Now it's back to the regular site.

I believe they swap it for you. I don't know how it works but if you've had it for under a year they'll swap it for free; otherwise you'd have to pay for a new one. Also, if you don't want to worry about losing any of your documents in your iPod touch then simply make a backup to your computer, BUT it will take a while so give yourself enough needed time cuz it's not something that will take five minutes or even half an hour at most. I had to reset my iTouch the other day and it took me almost two hours...and this was at 1 in the morning! I WAS TIRED!!! :P

Damn, reseting is a major fail. :sigh: I guess I'll just stick with what I have then...

Archived