Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Which family restaurant do you like best? Friendly's or IHOP?

mass production

I like all family restraurants.

Benihana Restraurant (When I was visiting relatives in Akron, OH for long-term vacation)

IHOP

Applebees (I took my friend here while we were waiting for the Fantasticks (X-mas gift)

IHOP pwns everything. They have like 20 different types of syrup as well as these large strips of bacon. The pancakes are decent. If you eat breakfast at IHOP then you'll be full for 8 hours.
IHOP all the way.Me and my wife were just talking about going there.

I like both! Friendly's because of the food, and especially the ice cream. IHOP because of the pancakes and especially the one that I go to on Northern Blvd that's open late nights on Fridays, and Saturdays.

Mass Production where Denny's on this list? Not everyone lives in NYC. Plus Brighton and EE Local live in Az. where i know there are no Friendly's which is only in several New England/Northeast states.

Denny's and IHOP are 'national'. Where i live there are about '5' within a hour drive from where i live. Not to mention Friendly's and IHOP being a 10 minute drive from me as well.

Portions to small at both, and both are expensive. I tried the Friendly's here in Yonkers, and they have nothing to my liking. The only one I liked, was in Burlington Vermont (had taken a hockey team up there, when I worked for Campus). Burger came on toasted bread, with bacon, and cheese. The sauce was delicious (don't know what it was, but that it was good). Of course I won't make that drive up there, for that burger...........

Mass Production where Denny's on this list? Not everyone lives in NYC. Plus Brighton and EE Local live in Az. where i know there are no Friendly's which is only in several New England/Northeast states.

Denny's and IHOP are 'national'. Where i live there are about '5' within a hour drive from where i live. Not to mention Friendly's and IHOP being a 10 minute drive from me as well.

I hope you got my e-mail, and yes I should have not left out Denny's, but you can add your feed back on this thread if you want same goes to everyone.

For Friendly's i really like their ice cream but their food is so so at best.

The IHOP pancakes are ummm good. :tup: Rest of their non breakfast menu is not great and very expensive. Still better than Friendly's overall imo.

And Denny's is best for their hamburgers and chicken strips.

I agree with Harry, Perkins is maybe the best of national chain 'cheap' diners both for breakfast and dinner/lunch. Perkins offers more 'home cooked' meals as well and only slightly more than Boston Market.

For me, Friendly's is a little too cold and Denny's is a little too hot... So iHop all the way, and that is where my favorite Pancakes are made and the Honey/Maple Syrup there is weirdly too good to be true, iHop is superb, :P!

IAWTP x10000000 :P

Portions to small at both, and both are expensive. I tried the Friendly's here in Yonkers, and they have nothing to my liking. The only one I liked, was in Burlington Vermont (had taken a hockey team up there, when I worked for Campus). Burger came on toasted bread, with bacon, and cheese. The sauce was delicious (don't know what it was, but that it was good). Of course I won't make that drive up there, for that burger...........

Portions too small at IHOP? Are you the Big Show?

Never been to both. I'd like to go to IHop. I've been to AppleBees quite a few times. But once, there was a little mouse at the reception, and someone opened the door to let it out. So, it runs out, and this employee coming back from a break steps on it, and laughs while doing so. It gives me chills thinking about it. It's an AppleBees by a (1) stop.

Portions too small at IHOP? Are you the Big Show?

I could have ate two plates of their pancakes and bacon. A buddy of mine skinny as me, had gotten two steak and eggs for breakfast, cause on plate couldn't fill his hunger...........

Maybe the one in Hartsdale give smaller portions, cause the people there are richer, and money and size portion doesn't matter..........

Archived