NYCHA public housing in Morrisania (Bronx)

keysersoze

Hello everybody,

I am planning to take a series of pictures of public housing buildings around NYC.

The Wikipedia article about the Morrisania neighborhood features an interesting picture of some NYCHA blocks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrisania%2C_Bronx#Social_Problems

Can anybody help me with where these blocks (street/intersection) are exactly located?

Given that they are 19 or 20 stories at least, and at least 5 blocks, with a look at the "Facts" list in the Wikipedia article it comes down to one of the following:

Butler Houses

Morris I

Morris II

Webster Houses

I have tried to figure it out via Google Earth but I'm simply not familiar with the area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ;)

edit: I think the picture might show the Butler Houses along Park Ave somewhere between 171st ands 169th St. With the fence securing the open cut for the MNRR tracks. Is this a safe area to venture around during daytime?

Morrisania Houses is along the Bx6 bus line. They are just E/B of Third Ave on 163st. If you take the 4 train to Yankee Stadium. you get the Bx6 bound for Hunts point. Get off at the stop when the bus goes up the hill at 163st.

Those are the Forest Houses.

Morrisania Houses are between Third and Webster avenues, running from 167th to 171st.

When I drive by those houses, it says Webster Housing, which is what the drivers of the Bx15, 41, and 55 refer to them as.....Could have multiple names, like the hell-hole I grew up in. William A Schlobohm Housing aka, Schroeder St. Housing Projects......

When I drive by those houses, it says Webster Housing, which is what the drivers of the Bx15, 41, and 55 refer to them as.....Could have multiple names, like the hell-hole I grew up in. William A Schlobohm Housing aka, Schroeder St. Housing Projects......

Yes, Webster Houses and Morrisania Houses are right next to each other.

Thanks everybody, the Butler, Morrisania, Morris and Webster projects are directly adjacent to each other and are exactly what I've been looking for - a great number of high-rise buildings close together.

I hope I'll be able to get into one of the buildings and take pictures of the hallways, elevators, etc., maybe I'll just ask the doorman...

Archived