MTA chairman Jay Walder bashes union work rules as 'shame of the system'

Harry

The people at the top love to see the workers falling for their race card game. This divides us and keeps them in power. Every time we don't stand together we make ourselves weaker. Like Public Enemy once said "Fight the power",that goes for all of us,we are all transit workers.

What a piece of shit. The "shame of the system" is that he gets hundreds of thousands if he is fired, and he gets hundreds of thousands to stay so regardless he gets rich, but at least if he gets fired he can't mess up the system anymore.

He is a real clown. So called "finance driven leaders" like him are the shame of the American economy because people like him and their inept management have created everything we as working people are reaping these days with the economy.

Why have executives salaries gone up 10x that of workers' salaries over the last 25 years? Why suddenly is it the workers' salaries that a problem? Fire one Walder jerk off making 400K a year and you can hire FOUR train operators and FOUR conductors with that money.

The people at the top love to see the workers falling for their race card game. This divides us and keeps them in power. Every time we don't stand together we make ourselves weaker. Like Public Enemy once said "Fight the power",that goes for all of us,we are all transit workers.

Jay Walder is the exact type of person who makes me understand why I've heard (MTA) workers say "I try not to let other riders see the (MTA) badge on my jacket when I'm headed to work or home." Jay Walder is the exact type of person who causes people to look at me with an elitist and condescending face every time I sit down on the train and read a copy of The Chief. Jay Walder is the exact type of person who makes one person on the platform clench his/her fists in anticipation of the conductor passing by and another person's mouth salivate in anticipation of an operator with an open window. Jay Walder is the exact type of person who makes the public perceive that a slow-moving train with the horn blowing repeatedly is just an obnoxious, lazy operator rather than an alert and procedure-following operator who does not want to see anyone working on the tracks get injured - or worse. Jay Walder is the exact type of person who represents the aristocrats of society, those who command a vast majority of power and wealth and political influence by twisting arms, backing employees into a corner and holding hostages so as to get what he and his cronies want.

Jay Walder is the type of person who feels that button-pushers are inessential and can be replaced by permanently-pushed buttons, while pen-pushers are necessary to retain because they are non-unionized headhunters who are much easier to replace when either the ink has run out or heads haven't been returned atop stakes. Jay Walder is the type of person who orders that pool tables be sold in order to finance catering tables and solid oak desks. Jay Walder is the type of person who has a thread-counter hired to determine how many new suits could be made from the recycled fibers of the uniforms that have recently been returned.

Jay Walder is the type of person who feels that operating expenses can be reduced by forcing his blue collars to pay to work. Jay Walder is the type of person who deflects the fare-paying public's scrutiny towards his administrators onto his revenue workers. Jay Walder is the type of person who has a dirty-work-doing go-for boy like "Pete Donohue" on speed dial under "M" for "Mouth" or "A" for "Angry Public."

Jay Walder is the type of person who conservatives get excited over because he's intent on destroying unions and bringing the American workforce back to the days of tenements, slave labor and no benefits. Jay Walder is the type of person who is determined to tear a union apart by casting a plague of division through vitriol and jealousy by commanding "No pay raise or no lay-off? Choose wisely." Jay Walder is the type of person who feels that he can be the pharaoh of a large public benefit corporation with his "So let it be written. So let it be done," decisions that benefit none other than himself and people with the same ideals. Jay Walder is the type of person who wouldn't mind seeing crew rooms turn into The Five Points. Jay Walder is the type of person who wants to hear accusations of racism and favoritism so that his workers can start doubting their own crew mates and the union dissolves to just a bunch of people.

Jay Walder is the type of person who runs this country and not just the (MTA). Jay Walder is really just another self-serving Conservative who feels that insurance costs are justified, medical malpractice suits deserve to have limits (and low ones at that), and that blue collars should be taxed to death.

Jay Walder is just another tightwad micromanager who feels that employees will work faster if they're given a ten-ply limit of toilet paper, work harder if they're denied their already-long overdue and benefits and will work better when pissed off, tied down, yelled at, watched over and stomped-on than when they're allowed to actually enjoy coming to work. Jay Walder is a person who manages through fear rather than respect, and feels that the more afraid one is of losing his/her job, the better that person will work and the cheaper that person will be to employ.

Jay Walder is another reason why the United States (another union) is falling apart, honest workers are being accused of lying and why the economy and this country have gotten to the current point, and why things are not getting any better.

Jay Walder is the exact type of person who makes me understand why I've heard (MTA) workers say "I try not to let other riders see the (MTA) badge on my jacket when I'm headed to work or home." Jay Walder is the exact type of person who causes people on the trains to look at me with an elitist and condescending face every time I sit down on the train and read a copy of The Chief. Jay Walder is the exact type of person who makes one person on the platform clench his/her fists in anticipation of the conductor passing by and another person's mouth salivate in anticipation of an operator with an open window. Jay Walder is the exact type of person who makes the public perceive that a slow-moving train with the horn blowing repeatedly is just an obnoxious, lazy operator rather than an alert and procedure-following operator who does not want to see anyone working on the tracks get injured - or worse. Jay Walder is the exact type of person who represents the aristocrats of society, those who command a vast majority of power and wealth and political influence by twisting arms, backing employees into a corner and holding hostages so as to get what he and his cronies want.

Jay Walder is the type of person who feels that button-pushers are inessential and can be replaced by permanently-pushed buttons, while pen-pushers are necessary to retain because they are non-unionized headhunters who are much easier to replace when either the ink has run out or heads haven't been returned atop stakes. Jay Walder is the type of person who orders that pool tables be sold in order to finance catering tables and solid oak desks. Jay Walder is the type of person who has a thread-counter hired to determine how many new suits could be made from the recycled fibers of the uniforms that have recently been returned.

Jay Walder is the type of person who feels that operating expenses can be reduced by forcing his blue collars to pay to work. Jay Walder is the type of person who deflects the fare-paying public's scrutiny towards his administrators onto his revenue workers. Jay Walder is the type of person who has a dirty-work-doing go-for boy like "Pete Donohue" on speed dial under "M" for "Mouth" or "A" for "Angry Public."

Jay Walder is the type of person who conservatives get excited over because he's intent on destroying unions and bringing the American workforce back to the days of tenements, slave labor and no benefits. Jay Walder is the type of person who is determined to tear a union apart by casting a plague of division through vitriol and jealousy by commanding "No pay raise or no lay-off? Choose wisely." Jay Walder is the type of person who feels that he can be the pharaoh of a large public benefit corporation with his "So let it be written. So let it be done," decisions that benefit none other than himself and people with the same ideals. Jay Walder is the type of person who wouldn't mind seeing crew rooms turn into The Five Points. Jay Walder is the type of person who wants to hear accusations of racism and favoritism so that his workers can start doubting their own crew mates and the union dissolves to just a bunch of people.

Jay Walder is the type of person who runs this country and not just the (MTA). Jay Walder is really just another self-serving Conservative who feels that insurance costs are justified, medical malpractice suits deserve to have limits (and low ones at that), and that blue collars should be taxed to death.

Jay Walder is just another tightwad micromanager who feels that employees will work faster if they're given a ten-ply limit of toilet paper, work harder if they're denied their already-long overdue and benefits and will work harder when pissed off, tied down, yelled at, watched over and stomped-on than when they're allowed to actually enjoy coming to work. Jay Walder is a person who manages through fear rather than respect, and the more afraid one is of losing his/her job, the better that person will work and the cheaper that person will be to employ.

Jay Walder is another reason why the United States (another union) is falling apart, honest workers are accusing of lying and why the economy and this country have gotten to the current point, and why things are not getting any better.

Amen. Maybe this should be required reading for all posters on this site and the daily "newspapers" in the NY-NJ metro area. For all of the editorial staff and apologists for the so-called "elite" people out here. And especially the riding public, who are being taxed and surcharged, while being played for fools by the powers that be.

Amen. Maybe this should be required reading for all posters on this site and the daily "newspapers" in the NY-NJ metro area. For all of the editorial staff and apologists for the so-called "elite" people out here. And especially the riding public, who are being taxed and surcharged, while being played for fools by the powers that be.

No joke. That was one of the most well written things I've ever seen on - ANY - website.

No joke. That was one of the most well written things I've ever seen on - ANY - website.

Thanks for the compliments.

In other words they are suckers as they keep continue to drink the kool-aid. Blame TWU for the (MTA) problems while they jack up the fare have more dirtier cars...

Great post both of you! Too bad some people just see what they want to see....

• 2 weeks later...

That is a brutal schedule, spending 12-14 hrs a day away from home. From reading that twu article I thought swing shifts were the most sought after(express runs).

The B/O's who work the local runs(6-9 hrs a day) get only a 20 minute meal break, that is a joke. I know they might have some time at the end of the line but still they need more time to rest and recover.

I hope they put that pool tournament on youtube,lol.

Archived