My predictions for new QB line car assingments

Ftrainfan

Since the (V) is gonna be eliminated and become the (M) , this is what should happen to the QB lines(Queens Blvd lines)

(E)-re-gains R46s and runs them primarly after the (V) (or (M) ) becomes

R160s

(F)-gets the ®'s R46s when the (R) becomes R160s.

(G)- might stay the same

(R)-Becomes all R160s and the (F) gets R46s

(M)-Becomes R160s and the (E) gets R46s

So , The (E) and (F) might be primarly R46s with a few R160s left and the (R) and (M) will R160s. the (R) will still have a few R46s left. the (G) stays the same. But this is all what I think will happen. Feel free to comment if you have a different prediction.

Since the (V) is gonna be eliminated and become the (M) , this is what should happen to the QB lines(Queens Blvd lines)

R160s

(G)- might stay the same

So , The (E) and (F) might be primarly R46s with a few R160s left and the (R) and (M) will R160s. the (R) will still have a few R46s left. the (G) stays the same. But this is all what I think will happen. Feel free to comment if you have a different prediction.

Heh you are going to be in for a SURPRISE.....

R160s

(G)- might stay the same

my preference is if the E F and R got its 32's back. of course that will never happen but its still nice to dream lol

my prediction is everything to be R160 Alshits and the last of the real trains at Jamaica yard will probably be sent off to Pitkin-207 for the a/c. (lucky them

The (E) will not be using R46s except for some rush hour runs (but even these could be rare). The rationale of having 60 footers is because 75 footers cannot deal with the crowds. Chances are, the (E) could be 100% R160, or largely R160 with SOME R32s running. I can't give figures because, I myself is only a normal commuter with no prior knowledge of events that will happen.

JAM will continue to have its R160s, there really is no reason for it to exchange them with other cars in the system. Don't forget, there is a plan to put CBTC on the express tracks (in a 10 year timeframe?)

The F and the R will share R160s and R46s as they do now. But my guess is that the F would have a greater percentage of R160s because again, the 60 footers can handle crowds. The R, being a local, does not have to deal with the crowd volumes on the likes of the E and the F, and thus would not justify a full R R160 fleet.

As one of the members here have mentioned, there is a likelihood that the G could run R160s due to OPTO. But no details on this have been provided, so I would only say this item is merely a provision.

Most of the (M)'s fleet will base out of ENY. So ENY R160As will run on the (M). There will have to be spotty SMEEs hanging around because only the same number of R160As laid aside for the (M1) would most likely be used on the (M). And since the (M) route is a longer route for more hours of the day, chances are, there will be additional equipment (perhaps coming out from JAM).

There will have to be spotty SMEEs hanging around because only the same number of R160As laid aside for the (M) would most likely be used on the (M).

Another surprise coming.....

And since the (M) route is a longer route for more hours of the day, chances are, there will be additional equipment (perhaps coming out from JAM).

Even another surprise......

The (E) should be staying the same after the cuts. Maybe you might see an R32 on the line (it's too early to tell).

The (F) and (R) are probably going to be the way they are now, sharing R46s and R160s.

The (M) is going to use the current (M2) fleet, along with the 32 additional R160As (4 trains) East NY is getting. It will be based out of ENY and use R160s.

The (G) is likely to remain the same. You never know when R160s may hit the route.

The (E) is and will remain 100 percent R160s. There is no reason whatsoever to fiddle with its equipment now. If something more efficient comes along, the R179 say at sometime in the future, then the (E) and (F) may use that equipment.

The (E) will not be using R46s except for some rush hour runs (but even these could be rare). The rationale of having 60 footers is because 75 footers cannot deal with the crowds. Chances are, the (E) could be 100% R160, or largely R160 with SOME R32s running. I can't give figures because, I myself is only a normal commuter with no prior knowledge of events that will happen.

JAM will continue to have its R160s, there really is no reason for it to exchange them with other cars in the system. Don't forget, there is a plan to put CBTC on the express tracks (in a 10 year timeframe?)

The F and the R will share R160s and R46s as they do now. But my guess is that the F would have a greater percentage of R160s because again, the 60 footers can handle crowds. The R, being a local, does not have to deal with the crowd volumes on the likes of the E and the F, and thus would not justify a full R R160 fleet.

As one of the members here have mentioned, there is a likelihood that the G could run R160s due to OPTO. But no details on this have been provided, so I would only say this item is merely a provision.

Most of the (M)'s fleet will base out of ENY. So ENY R160As will run on the (M). There will have to be spotty SMEEs hanging around because only the same number of R160As laid aside for the (M1) would most likely be used on the (M). And since the (M) route is a longer route for more hours of the day, chances are, there will be additional equipment (perhaps coming out from JAM).

The (E) is and will remain 100 percent R160s. There is no reason whatsoever to fiddle with its equipment now. If something more efficient comes along, the R179 say at sometime in the future, then the (E) and (F) may use that equipment.

I see no reason too, IMO. Since the majority of the regular riders are very satisfied with the R160s, they will go nuts if they were given R32s. However, such may happen depending on how many R160s are out there or used. Priority probably goes to the (E) when it comes to assigning the R160s, I think.

Whenever R179s come into the scene, the (F) needs it way more than the (E) since Queens Blvd is planned to get CBTC (as mentioned above) plus CBTC on Culver Line in Brooklyn and its an longer line than the (E) is. The (R) is probably to be majority or maybe 100% R160 when R179s do come around, but around that time the Queens Blvd line could finally be 100% NTT.

Whenever R179s come into the scene, the (F) needs it way more than the (E) since Queens Blvd is planned to get CBTC (as mentioned above) plus CBTC on Culver Line in Brooklyn and its an longer line than the (E) is. The (R) is probably to be majority or maybe 100% R160 when R179s do come around, but around that time the Queens Blvd line could finally be 100% NTT.

True. And that's if: the R179s are refitted with CBTC technology and/or they are going to JAM. We really don't know for sure though.

The CBTC on the Culver line is only for the test express track, not for actual revenue service.

If you ask me, the (R) dont need to exist anymore. Instead, have service like this:

Queens Blvd:

(E) Run Queens Blvd Local All times

(F) Run Queens Blvd Express All times

Broadway

(N) Run Local all times

(Q) Run Express all times except Late Nights

Downtown

(N) run downtown all times

(Q) run Downtown late nights

4 Av

(N) Run Local all times

(D) Run express all times except late nights

(Q) Run via 4 Av Local ALL TIMES

Bay Ridge Line

(N) To/From Bay Ridge 95 St all times

Sea Beach

(Q) via Sea Beach Local all times

Brighton

<B> Run Brighton Express Weekdays only till 11 PM

(:P Run Brighton Local all times

If you ask me, the (R) dont need to exist anymore. Instead, have service like this:

Queens Blvd:

(E) Run Queens Blvd Local All times

(F) Run Queens Blvd Express All times

Broadway

(N) Run Local all times

(Q) Run Express all times except Late Nights

Downtown

(N) run downtown all times

(Q) run Downtown late nights

4 Av

(N) Run Local all times

(D) Run express all times except late nights

(Q) Run via 4 Av Local ALL TIMES

Bay Ridge Line

(N) To/From Bay Ridge 95 St all times

Sea Beach

(Q) via Sea Beach Local all times

Brighton

<B> Run Brighton Express Weekdays only till 11 PM

(:P Run Brighton Local all times

Well yeah but, this thread isn't about what service should exist or not.

I have no idea where I am coming up with this far flung plan, but I sorta suspect the following:

E: Entirely R160

F: Mostly R160, a few R46s

G: Entirely R46

M: Entirely R160

R: Entirely R46(by assignment- a few R160s may show up)

That's already happening.

I was referring to the weekday schedule. But thanks for bringing that up, though. And I'm pretty sure the union would go nuts over it.

Union wont have to go nuts, not in the contract and TA cant do it unless Union OK'S IT.

You're dealing with the MTA so you never know. We get it you don't like anything but seriously stop griping about it. You don't even live in NYC as per your info so stop worrying about our (New Yorkers) system.

Archived