My predictions for new QB line car assingments

Ftrainfan

So........the only QBL car assignment change that's probably happening is that the (V)'s 46s will be replaced with the (M)'s 160s.

Kinda obvious right? You can't fit the R46s on the Broadway or Myrtle els. TBH, since everyone kinda has an idea of what will take place come June, there's really no point of this thread. The only question that's there is: how many of each fleet will be used on what line?

How many of each fleet will be used on what line?

IMO:

(E)(F)-not being cut during rush hours, ~83 trainsets in total of R160s and the occasional R46

(R)-getting ~2 more TPH, IINM

(M)-~4 more trainsets than the (V) has now.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

IMO:

(E)(F)-not being cut during rush hours, ~83 trainsets in total of R160s and the occasional R46

(R)-getting ~2 more TPH, IINM

(M)-~4 more trainsets than the (V) has now.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The only downside is that the (M) operates ten minutes apart....

If you mean for non-rush hours, I would probably agree. Aren't (R) trains on about 10min headways? I would have to think it's 8min for the rush hours.

The (R) operate every six minutes during rush hours.

Believe me, there is a lot of stuff "on the board". It's called a wish list. And most of it never happens. Look at the IND's "second system". How far did that go?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ rules.

Is that why my train hasn't come to Utica Ave (A)/© station yet ? I've been waiting on the upper level for what seems like 50 years now. Maybe I'll go over to South 4th St and catch a train there. I'll ask the S/A or CSA there if I have any questions, right ?

Is that why my train hasn't come to Utica Ave (A)/© station yet ? I've been waiting on the upper level for what seems like 50 years now. Maybe I'll go over to South 4th St and catch a train there. I'll ask the S/A or CSA there if I have any questions, right ?

Lol!:tup:

The only downside is that the (M) operates ten minutes apart....

Speaking of the (M) train, I'm conflicted because the (F) will continue to operate via 63rd. I've spent the last 8 years hating the (V) train. I can't hate the (M) because the (M) is the subway line that got me into transit since I used to live near the (M) train in Bushwick.

Speaking of the (M) train, I'm conflicted because the (F) will continue to operate via 63rd. I've spent the last 8 years hating the (V) train. I can't hate the (M) because the (M) is the subway line that got me into transit since I used to live near the (M) train in Bushwick.

IINM, the routing of the (F) via 63rd is due to 53rd/Lex.

Most people already know about my disdain of the (F) operating via 63rd. However, my gag order prevents me from talking about 63rd Street. Let's get back to the topic.

Well to be honest with you, since this thread is prone to be deviated from, there's really no point in discussing this thread. We try talking about QB assignments, but for the most part we do know what will happen. Except, we don't have a full grasp on how many trains of each type would be run. That's the question.

So basically we know that:

(E) - fully R160s

(F) - largely R160s, some R46s

(M) - ENY R160As

(R) - mostly R46s, some R160s

(G) - exclusively R46s

The question that some folks would want to ask is: how many R160s would be on the (F) and (R)?

This thread is meant for us to speculate on what is going to happen. Of course we all do want our favourite equipment to run on most of the lines. But there are many factors to car assignments that are beyond simple control. Besides lines based out of Jamaica don't just interline with other lines based out of Jamaica. The (M), just as a clear example, would definitely base out of ENY. (Perhaps some mid-day storage at JAM) You have to take into account other trains that run on the other lines. You also have to take into account how many trains of type X, Y or Z are available for use, and the minimum of cars to be stored for "whatever happens". There's also the time factor, as certain time periods demand more trains than other periods. There are more AM trains scheduled because people don't want to be late for work and hence there's this urgency. There are fewer trains in the PM period because people tend to do other things after work, not all workers make a beeline home. And also, certain car types are "designed" to match the demand. For example, it is highly illogical to place 75 footers on the (E), which goes SRO PM rush right at WTC, even with 60 footers. 60 footers are able to carry more capacity because of the longitudinal seating and more doors. 75 footers are generally more geared towards the locals as they don't usually go through crowds (the (R) can be an exception because of its length, and the (M) is not designed for 75 footers). And the final decision is based on what they think is best.

Shoot, I didn't know SRO at WTC! Interesting...

Archived