Despite a union lawsuit, MTA transit execs derail 250 clerks to fill $800M budget

primomjr78

Unfortunely, many of our members only think of themselves. Even now I hear the phrase

"oh well, at least its not me." Which is very selfish.

At least not yet for them. I was in the booth with a CTA yesterday along with the clerk I was giving lunch to, and he repeatedly said at least I'm not getting a pink slip. I had to check him on that immediately .He was complaining that CTA's haven't had OT in 3 years and then made the statement about the pink slips. We will never have a strong union as long as everyone is only interested what gains they can get for their own title and not care about anyone else. Not to offend any of our RTO members but there's times when I'am working at a crew reporting stations I.E. woodlawn or wakefield and many C/R's or T/O's will walk by me as if I'm not there at all. And it's only when their pass may not work then they will want me to open the gate for them. I'm not saying I need attention from every single person that walks bye me but it's exactly that lack of comradeship that keeps this union weak and in many cases separate.

exactly we are sealing our own deal.

When DOB has these special Good Fri or Christmas/NY eve picks no one should pick off and on Holidays No one should pick off Let them Pay 40 to 50 guys to hang around the depot and we'll see how fast that will stop but No your own Union brother will screw you!

exactly. look how long the mta has been doing that with the picks for certain holidays and only in i think February or march the safety director for the union came to my depot to tell everybody dont pick off on those days come to work pick the extra list for that day and sit around the depot and get paid your run pay plus the extra eight hours but yet most guys rather stay home and complain about how these holiday picks are stupid when we could actually make them stop those picks if we all just come together. but like they say we are our own worst enemy.

At least not yet for them. I was in the booth with a CTA yesterday along with the clerk I was giving lunch to, and he repeatedly said at least I'm not getting a pink slip. I had to check him on that immediately .He was complaining that CTA's haven't had OT in 3 years and then made the statement about the pink slips. We will never have a strong union as long as everyone is only interested what gains they can get for their own title and not care about anyone else. Not to offend any of our RTO members but there's times when I'am working at a crew reporting stations I.E. woodlawn or wakefield and many C/R's or T/O's will walk by me as if I'm not there at all. And it's only when their pass may not work then they will want me to open the gate for them. I'm not saying I need attention from every single person that walks bye me but it's exactly that lack of comradeship that keeps this union weak and in many cases separate.

I dont wave or say much because most of the S/A don't want to be bothered but I do respect them like all my coworkers. I was in the crewroom the other day and the S/A wasn't buzzing anyone in so a few crews were talking about it and made comments saying they hope he is the first one to be layed off. I don't get myself involied in that I always swipe and I have a Paid Metrocard with me at all times.

... I don't get myself involied in that I always swipe and I have a Paid Metrocard with me at all times.

Why would you need to have a metrocard with you ?

In case your ID dont work ? (I dont think you will get a ticket if you jump over in case your ID dont work and there is no agent to open the gate for you B) )

Why would you need to have a metrocard with you ?

In case your ID dont work ? (I dont think you will get a ticket if you jump over in case your ID dont work and there is no agent to open the gate for you ;) )

You have that metrocard with you for the time that you don't want to be "tracked" by the TA.

You have that metrocard with you for the time that you don't want to be "tracked" by the TA.

Yeah that's true, but I don't care much about them tracking me. I don't call out sick and leave the house with out calling out. And I don't make it a habit to be running late to work and don't want to swipe because I'am not where I'am suppose to be. I only keep the regular metrocard on me whenever I try riding the MTA BXM express bus or the Bee Line Bus. But I have only been turned down once out of like 1000 times on the bee line bus, and have never been turned down by a MTA Bus B/O. So I have to end up trading the balance on my card to a new one before it expires . Or you could just get the magic key to the city and never have to worry about swiping your pass ever again LOL.

Albany is all to blame for this, and it makes me really mad:mad:. President Obama singed off on the Stimulus package a year ago to be bailed out, and to boost up the economy. On the package it offer $100 million to help public transit agencies , and so far other cities like Chicago, Detroit, Denver, St. Louis just to name a few have used this money to move forward, not to make service cuts, and lay off employees. WTF Albany is doing:mad:?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimulus_Bill_of_2009

i have come across some nasty s/a's and the first thing i do is shock them by asking them if they want something from the store. since i'm going to be working in that station i like to kill em with kindness. when i used to do the mail run i met a lot of very nice s/a's that i loved to stop and chat with. its a stressfull job so i can understand why they can be high strung. as far as mta tracking me i dont care. i come to work on time and i dont commit crimes.

i have come across some nasty s/a's and the first thing i do is shock them by asking them if they want something from the store. since i'm going to be working in that station i like to kill em with kindness. when i used to do the mail run i met a lot of very nice s/a's that i loved to stop and chat with. its a stressfull job so i can understand why they can be high strung. as far as mta tracking me i dont care. i come to work on time and i dont commit crimes.

Yeah I admit some S/A's can be a boggle, mostly the old timers. But I've had C/R's and T/O's at Dyre Ave station offer to pick me up stuff from the store. But most of the time I don't need it because I will just call for a comfort and go to the store since everything is just a few feet away from the booth. Most RTO crew members swipe their passes anyway because I heard there was a huge incident there between the S/A and a T/O. So like 95% of guys over there just automatically swipe. When I'am not busy handling customers I will buzz them through the special entry turnstyle or service gate with out issue. But I mean we've all come across nasty co-workers. Let's not just make the S/A out to be the bad guy. I've had C/R's close doors in my face when they've seen me running for the train in full uniform, and they looked at me emptily as the train rode past me LOL. And I've dealt with B/O's who have given me a hard time when I flashed my pass instead of dipping it. I tried explaining to them as per management they don't want us to dip our pass on the bus reader because our passes are PIN encoded and can't be replaced until up to 2 weeks if damaged. And that it makes coming to work a hassle because I have to wait til a supervisor comes to the booth to manually sign me on, and the clerk I'am relieving can not go home until this is done.

Yeah I admit some S/A's can be a boggle, mostly the old timers. But I've had C/R's and T/O's at Dyre Ave station offer to pick me up stuff from the store. But most of the time I don't need it because I will just call for a comfort and go to the store since everything is just a few feet away from the booth. Most RTO crew members swipe their passes anyway because I heard there was a huge incident there between the S/A and a T/O. So like 95% of guys over there just automatically swipe. When I'am not busy handling customers I will buzz them through the special entry turnstyle or service gate with out issue.

will what tour do you work? also what area of the city do you work? i probably have seen you while i was flagging.

will what tour do you work? also what area of the city do you work? i probably have seen you while i was flagging.

Well the last two picks I was PM extra. And most of the time they kept in my home area of the North East Bronx, South Bronx or the upper East/West Sides.

Albany is all to blame for this, and it makes me really mad:mad:. President Obama singed off on the Stimulus package a year ago to be bailed out, and to boost up the economy. On the package it offer $100 million to help public transit agencies , and so far other cities like Chicago, Detroit, Denver, St. Louis just to name a few have used this money to move forward, not to make service cuts, and lay off employees. WTF Albany is doing:mad:?

Albany is using federal money to plug the state deficit which they themselves created by their own shit headed incompetence.

Albany is using federal money to plug the state deficit which they themselves created by their own shit headed incompetence.

Ypu can thank our lame duck Dave Paterson...thank goodness he'll be gone after this year.

I dont wave or say much because most of the S/A don't want to be bothered but I do respect them like all my coworkers. I was in the crewroom the other day and the S/A wasn't buzzing anyone in so a few crews were talking about it and made comments saying they hope he is the first one to be layed off. I don't get myself involied in that I always swipe and I have a Paid Metrocard with me at all times.

those crew members that hopes a fellow worker who is doing their job get laid off are a bunch of a**holes...........smh...........

Archived