JC Penny (On topic)

Forest Glen

Today I headed to the Bronx to take some Nova LFSA pics. I took the Bx12 SBS to Bay Plaza. I noticed that one of the MVM's was inside of the JC Penny that was adjacent to the bus stop. Is that a ploy to lure people into the store or was there some logistical reason for putting the MVM in the store?

Two SBS MetroCard Fare Collectors are located in Women's Clothes Section.

I think that need to be relocate to outside, when JC Penny is closed.

There is no point since people could walk across the street for the other bus stop less than 100 feet away and the last SBS buses leaves from there without picking up anybody.

On first day of Bx12 SBS, it was chaotics.

I remember I was on 6:07 bus Edson/Bartow Avs departure with busfans (NYCTF, Strappies, SubChat) and 7am bus to Orchard Beach.

After Orchard Beach, I have taken Bx29 from Pelham Bay Park to Bay Plaza, but to find out JC Penny was not open at that time.

Few days after I checked out Bx12SBS, people were confused and some people were complaining while they put inside store.

I have taken pic of it also.

The TA should consider installing some MVMs at the Staten Island Mall...I hate to have to skate for 15 minutes to refill my MetroCard at the Transit Center at the cost of missing an Orion 5 on the S79 on the trip home.

The TA should consider installing some MVMs at the Staten Island Mall...I hate to have to skate for 15 minutes to refill my MetroCard at the Transit Center at the cost of missing an Orion 5 on the S79 on the trip home.

I agree with you.

Not only Staten Island Mall, most part of Westchester Counties served by Bee-Line Buses as well.

1. Town Courtlandt Center

2. Cross County Shopping Center

3. Westchester County Center

4. White Plains TransCenter

5. New Rochelle Center

6. Carmel Park & Ride

7. Galleria Mall

Only place to buy/refill at Westchester County MetroCard agent, but they not there 24-hours.

Nassau County has same problem with MVM only available at Hempstead Transit Center.

1. Mineola Transit

2. Walt Whitman Mall

3. Sunrise Mall

4. Broadway Mall

5. Green Acres Mall

6. Roosevelt Field Mall

I remember hearing something about that JCP bitched about having the vending machines outside the store so I guess the "settlement" was to put em inside the store.And really it kinda makes sense.Before 10AM,nobody will really be at Bay Plaza boarding the bus to leave since thats when all the stores open.So they really aren't expecting people in front of JCP before 10. Then the store closes at 9:30 and by then the SBS is finished and the local starts form there and you don't need to use the vending machines to board a local bus.Whatever floats thier boat I guess.(1)(A)(C)

I figured there was some sort of a deal between (MTA) and JC Penney, but I still find it somewhat awkward. The second time I fanned the SBS I went to get it at Bay PLaza. I was confused as *&@! when I found out that the machine was not on the stoop and wound up bumbling around the women's clothing section like a particularly slow-witted pervert for several minutes before finding the machine and then wound up just missing the bus and waiting 15 minutes for another one. I personally feel like they should have added a machine on the stoop instead of burying it behind a shirt rack. :mad:

I guess they also assume that if you're using that stop, you're shopping at JC Penney. There's not really a reason to use it otherwise, since they added a stop on Bartow Avenue for local weirdos to access the bus. And it's definitely a marketing strategy on behalf of the store: I can promise you that a good chunk of women have gone to the machine and said "oooh nice sweater! *pulls out credit card*"

Archived