Scratchiti on the 160s

R42 M Train

The protective mylar screens on the R160s are vandal-resistant, not vandal-proof. You can still write scratchitti on it but it will be harder to etch it into the window. Also, after it's sighted they can just peel off the screen and replace it with another, instead of having to replace the glass at a higher cost.

The protective mylar screens on the R160s are vandal-resistant, not vandal-proof. You can still write scratchitti on it but it will be harder to etch it into the window. Also, after it's sighted they can just peel off the screen and replace it with another, instead of having to replace the glass at a higher cost.

Why don't they put those screens on the R62/68s, then?

All subway cars have them except for the R32s, R42s, and some R46s that have yet to undergo SMS.

You think the R32s and the R42s will get them in their SMS? Because the reason why they were left out is that they were expected to be gone and now it isn't the case.

You think the R32s and the R42s will get them in their SMS? Because the reason why they were left out is that they were expected to be gone and now it isn't the case.

If they're going to expand the lifespan of the 32s and the 42s then yes they will have to receive a mylar-screen.

Today I was on car no. 8519 on the (M2) and I noticed that there were scratchiti on the windows. I thought that the R160 windows were immune to scratichiti. I don't wont the 160s to have the same abuse of scratchiti as the 42s.

Vandals will exist until the world ends. And if I took a knife and wrote on the space shuttle or Air Force One, it will make a mark. The protection is there just to make it easy to REMOVE, not prevent.

Vandals will exist until the world ends. And if I took a knife and wrote on the space shuttle or Air Force One, it will make a mark. The protection is there just to make it easy to REMOVE, not prevent.

Preventation is going to be difficult. Because all they would have to do is tamper with ways that would counter those measures. It's all based on instinct.

All subway cars have them except for the R32s, R42s, and some R46s that have yet to undergo SMS.

I'v seen a small number of R32 and R42 cars that have the mylar-screen,but

only like a door window or two had them.

It is immune, as long as the protective layer is present (and the only part of the train getting scratched). The layer would simply be replaced (which is not as likely given the service cuts).

ENY cars are full of graffiti but the whole exterior of the subway cars are clean. if ENY crew scrapes off the graffitti, the cars would look faded and "hollowgraphic" like some of Jamaica's cars

Yeah Graffifi

Not news to me. Seen a couple of cars like that, but the tags were wiped off.

ENY cars are full of graffiti but the whole exterior of the subway cars are clean. if ENY crew scrapes off the graffitti, the cars would look faded and "hollowgraphic" like some of Jamaica's cars

The removal is awful as it leaves smudges. If they plan to cut cleaners, we're going on a ride to the 70-80s era.

Archived