Video display next to the R160 FINDs

Just a quick question on these: what other videos could be placed up on there? I always see an informational video about the R160 on these things, stating that it is new. This is indeed appropriate three years ago, when they were indeed new. I don't really think they are needed now, since by now, everyone who rides the train everyday would know what a R160 looks like "oh! the new (E) train!!" or the "yeah, the new train that runs on the (M2) right?". What I would rather see is, a video created on service advisories instead, like some more other relevant information that regulars and tourists alike, would need to know. Asking for news/weather feeds would be a little too distant, but I truly believe that having a video displaying what are the upcoming GOs on select lines would be like would deem much more useful than having a promotional video advertising a "new train" when the fleet itself has been around for a while. (Arguably, some cars are new, but even then, the riders got used to R160s for at least 2-3 years)

I was ment for advertisement from Company to buy time on like the ones on the PA5's, but so far it has not happened. Why would it, it would only make the TA money and you know the TA has all the money in the world. B)

Theoretically that would generate additional revenue, but like you said, the MTA really has poor money management skills. But even so, I don't think it takes a lot to make a video of upcoming service advisories. Sure you would have to pay the person who would make them, but it's just a couple of videos and they just get programmed into every car and bam.

They could show news, weather, sports info, etc. on those screens if they made contracts with certain TV channels, like on the PA5s. It would help with giving passengers real-time information outside the subway. GO information and long-term projects would help a lot too. They can also include information about improvements they are making to the system, i.e. train arrival boards.

They could show news, weather, sports info, etc. on those screens if they made contracts with certain TV channels, like on the PA5s. It would help with giving passengers real-time information outside the subway. GO information and long-term projects would help a lot too. They can also include information about improvements they are making to the system, i.e. train arrival boards.

News, weather, sports? It would be nice but I highly doubt the (MTA) has time to update that information on the trains everyday.

I'd really love it, myself, if they showed the weather up there. However, I feel they may implement this in time. Let's not forget that the R160s are still quite new, and they will toy with them in time. I'm sure there's someone at the MTA who is thinking, "yay for ad revenue!"

News, weather, sports? It would be nice but I highly doubt the (MTA) has time to update that information on the trains everyday.

I think it could be done via a newsfeed or something. But the weather would be soitenly nice, because deep underground nobody really knows what is going on outside.

Archived