12-9 on the (M) Line. :(

R42 M Train

Today I was on the Metro Bound (M) 1529 out of bay pkwy looking out the cab window and I noticed that all the signals were yellow on the Myrtle. I hear on the T/O's radio about a possible 12-9 75 ft before Seneca Avenue. We get up to that point and I see the guy on the Walkway on the right side of the tracks. He didn't look injured and he was standing looking at street below him. I thought it was just a crazy guy walkin' along the side of the tracks Our train stops and asks him what was going on. The man then sits down and shows his right leg which was covered in blood and broken. The T/O calls for police and EMS. The police show up but they were afraid to cross the tracks. They were just standing by the third rail even though it was turned off. They were just standing on the opposite walkway for 10 minutes. Finally, a cop goes across and asks the guy what happened and relayed the story to the T/O. The story was that he was on the train ahead of us when he fell off between cars and got hit by the contact shoe. The EMS come and put him in a stretch. A cop comes up and tells everyone to move to the second car. Me and 5 other people could not fit in the second car and had to stay in the first. The EMS bring the man in the first car and the train moves up 100 feet and the T/O opens the front door panel manually to let the EMS to take the man to the hospital. The train went on and finished all the stops. The original plan was to drive the train back to Myrtle-Bway and the via the (J) and discharge at Broadway Junction but that did not happen even though I wish it did. This whole event happend in the course of 1 and a half hours.

Is the man okay now?

He only had a broken leg so yeah

Yikes!!! when will people learn to stop riding between cars.

Yeah, I know that I will never go between cars again. I think the man was drunk beacuase how else would you fall off a train between cars when the train is on a straightaway?

Yeah, I know that I will never go between cars again. I think the man was drunk because how else would you fall off a train between cars when the train is on a straightaway?

hmph, you've got to be high on something to fall out from between the cars, especially an r160. with the safeties and stuff.

Today I was on the Metro Bound (M) 1529 out of bay pkwy looking out the cab window and I noticed that all the signals were yellow on the Myrtle. I hear on the T/O's radio about a possible 12-9 75 ft before Seneca Avenue. We get up to that point and I see the guy on the Walkway on the right side of the tracks. He didn't look injured and he was standing looking at street below him. I thought it was just a crazy guy walkin' along the side of the tracks Our train stops and asks him what was going on. The man then sits down and shows his right leg which was covered in blood and broken. The T/O calls for police and EMS. The police show up but they were afraid to cross the tracks. They were just standing by the third rail even though it was turned off. They were just standing on the opposite walkway for 10 minutes. Finally, a cop goes across and asks the guy what happened and relayed the story to the T/O. The story was that he was on the train ahead of us when he fell off between cars and got hit by the contact shoe. The EMS come and put him in a stretch. A cop comes up and tells everyone to move to the second car. Me and 5 other people could not fit in the second car and had to stay in the first. The EMS bring the man in the first car and the train moves up 100 feet and the T/O opens the front door panel manually to let the EMS to take the man to the hospital. The train went on and finished all the stops. The original plan was to drive the train back to Myrtle-Bway and the via the (J) and discharge at Broadway Junction but that did not happen even though I wish it did. This whole event happend in the course of 1 and a half hours.

Two things:

1-However exactly that happened, he's lucky he's not dead

2-That's why you don't ride or walk between cars. You just can't trust the public to get out of their own way and they will do some pretty dumb things and wind up with legs missing chunks or worse (dead) because of it. And some poor crew just doing their job will have to pick up the pieces (often times quite literally).

Two things:

1-However exactly that happened, he's lucky he's not dead

2-That's why you don't ride or walk between cars. You just can't trust the public to get out of their own way and they will do some pretty dumb things and wind up with legs missing chunks or worse (dead) because of it. And some poor crew just doing their job will have to pick up the pieces (often times quite literally).

Answer to both of them.) He was drunk and needed to take a piss between cars. He lost his balance and fell. The T/O on his train was pulled from serivce and taken downtown for testing and medcal, even thouse it's not his fualt.

Answer to both of them.) He was drunk and needed to take a piss between cars. He lost his balance and fell. The T/O on his train was pulled from serivce and taken downtown for testing and medcal, even thouse it's not his fualt.
Just picturing that sequence of events actyally going down seem to be the exact rreason he lost a part of his leg.

He did not lose any part of his leg, it was a glancing blow that only broke and cut open, not cut it off all the way. Lucky him. :eek:

Hes Still an Idiot, and i bet this may not stop him from doing it again.

Now a T/O has to go through drama because of some drunk fool, sorry this is how i feel sympathy is NOT in my dictionary for stuff such as this.

At least he is alive, it is good news but still a bad news to hear someone getting injured or perhaps disabled, :(...

I feel worse for the T/O who has to go through the labor relations/and MAC Center ringer than that Drunk.

Why do Train operators have to face the drama for something that's not their fault such as this? I mean a person on the tracks and the train hits them or a person falling from between the train cars, wow. This is ridiculous!

Hes Still an Idiot, and i bet this may not stop him from doing it again.

Now a T/O has to go through drama because of some drunk fool, sorry this is how i feel sympathy is NOT in my dictionary for stuff such as this.

Amen to that.

Archived