Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Governor Hypocrite of New York

DOB2RTO

Gov. Furlough raises hell by boosting aides' pay

By FREDRIC U. DICKER and BRENDAN SCOTT Post Correspondents

Last Updated: 3:49 AM, May 12, 2010

Posted: 3:41 AM, May 12, 2010

Comments: 77

| More Print

ALBANY — Gov. Paterson has granted stunning pay raises of up to 29 percent to several key aides — even as he slaps furloughs on 100,000 state workers, and his lieutenant governor threatens layoffs. The shocking move by the lame-duck governor involves five members of his embattled press office, whose two top-ranking members abruptly resigned earlier this year amid what they privately called misleading statements made by the governor.

The double-digit pay hikes, granted within the past 10 days, were first disclosed by Albany TV station CBS6 late yesterday -- just hours after public employee unions went to federal court seeking a temporary restraining order against Paterson's unprecedented move to force half the state workforce off the payroll one day a week for the next nine weeks.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/gov_furlough_raises_hell_by_boosting_w6v3K6wFAWNq9rXgAIwHbN#ixzz0nsZSTfGQ

Gov. Furlough KO'd by judge in pay fight

By BRENDAN SCOTT and FREDRIC U. DICKER, Post Correspondents

Last Updated: 7:41 PM, May 13, 2010

Posted: 3:05 AM, May 13, 2010

Comments: 16

| More Print

ALBANY -- Gov. Paterson suffered back-to-back defeats in his war with unions yesterday as a federal judge blocked his controversial furlough plan -- and the governor was forced to rescind raises for five aides.

Albany federal Judge Lawrence Kahn ordered the Democratic governor to back off his unprecedented furlough plan until a May 26 hearing to determine whether it's constitutional.

The decision -- although temporary -- came hours after Paterson abruptly revoked pay raises for five staffers amid a firestorm of criticism from labor leaders.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/gov_furlough_ko_by_judge_in_pay_EBu6u57vH4J37XHiDV53qO#ixzz0nsZwWN5p

Okay. At this point, I think Paterson wants to be hated. I feel like he's just making stuff up to get people to hate him! He's not even trying to be a decent governor. He must have never wanted it in the first place.

On to the next one! This man doesn't know how to run a government anyway! I bet he's just a pawn! The blind leading the blind! Literally! (Pun intended!)

rofl but that one is so true

Gov. Furlough raises hell by boosting aides' pay

By FREDRIC U. DICKER and BRENDAN SCOTT Post Correspondents

Last Updated: 3:49 AM, May 12, 2010

Posted: 3:41 AM, May 12, 2010

Comments: 77

| More Print

ALBANY — Gov. Paterson has granted stunning pay raises of up to 29 percent to several key aides — even as he slaps furloughs on 100,000 state workers, and his lieutenant governor threatens layoffs. The shocking move by the lame-duck governor involves five members of his embattled press office, whose two top-ranking members abruptly resigned earlier this year amid what they privately called misleading statements made by the governor.

The double-digit pay hikes, granted within the past 10 days, were first disclosed by Albany TV station CBS6 late yesterday -- just hours after public employee unions went to federal court seeking a temporary restraining order against Paterson's unprecedented move to force half the state workforce off the payroll one day a week for the next nine weeks.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/gov_furlough_raises_hell_by_boosting_w6v3K6wFAWNq9rXgAIwHbN#ixzz0nsZSTfGQ

Gov. Furlough KO'd by judge in pay fight

By BRENDAN SCOTT and FREDRIC U. DICKER, Post Correspondents

Last Updated: 7:41 PM, May 13, 2010

Posted: 3:05 AM, May 13, 2010

Comments: 16

| More Print

ALBANY -- Gov. Paterson suffered back-to-back defeats in his war with unions yesterday as a federal judge blocked his controversial furlough plan -- and the governor was forced to rescind raises for five aides.

Albany federal Judge Lawrence Kahn ordered the Democratic governor to back off his unprecedented furlough plan until a May 26 hearing to determine whether it's constitutional.

The decision -- although temporary -- came hours after Paterson abruptly revoked pay raises for five staffers amid a firestorm of criticism from labor leaders.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/gov_furlough_ko_by_judge_in_pay_EBu6u57vH4J37XHiDV53qO#ixzz0nsZwWN5p

Well at least his plans were stopped (temporarily)

On to the next one! This man doesn't know how to run a government anyway! I bet he's just a pawn! The blind leading the blind! Literally! (Pun intended!)

Pats-All-Folks.jpg

B)

What a disgrace and a disappointment this dude should be impeached. Patterson rose through the ranks claiming to be for the working man and soon he became Governor, he became anti union and pay raises. Then on the other hand he fights and support raises for the fat cats on wall st what a disgracio every time I hear the Patterson name my pressure rises. He has to go and soon CUOMO 2010

Elliot Spitzer should never have resigned. A few prostutites couldn't possibly outweigh the Paterson's ineptness.

spitzers proly like laughing at us all now lol

Just like Bill Clinton, getting it from elsewhere other than the wife (lets face the fact, alot of people married for several years, do it maybe 3 times a month), can be beneficial to them doing their job. Their mistress or hired P.O.A., can "put them at ease", and make them very happy..............

I haven't a problem with what Eliot Spitzer did. He was one of the better Governors of NYS. Besides, that was his personal stuff, that didn't affect his job performance for the worst..........

I haven't a problem with what Eliot Spitzer did. He was one of the better Governors of NYS. Besides, that was his personal stuff, that didn't affect his job performance for the worst..........

I Definitely agree the audacity of the media and most of the people who broke the story are doing the same thing but you won't find that anywhere in the papers they brought down by far the best Governor in NYS history I honestly hope Spitzer returns to Politics an honest gentleman he is who is not afraid to call them out unlike the lackey we have now who is backing the cowards of wall street him and bloomberg are out of touch two **** ups we have running the City and State and it's not by coincidence either one was a shoe in and the other a thief in the night who over turned the will of the people wake up bloomberg this aint Chicago it ain't happening not now not ever

Just like Bill Clinton, getting it from elsewhere other than the wife (lets face the fact, alot of people married for several years, do it maybe 3 times a month), can be beneficial to them doing their job. Their mistress or hired P.O.A., can "put them at ease", and make them very happy..............

Agreed. I don't see BUSH give this nation a surplus and easing our debt. Clinton in my eyes, was one of the best presidents who ever lived.

I feel that the government no longer represents the people. Bloomberg caters to the rich in the Upper East Side and Park Slope. Paterson is a moron who was never elected. I'm sick of this. New York State is the most dysfunctional state.

I feel that the government no longer represents the people. Bloomberg caters to the rich in the Upper East Side and Park Slope. Paterson is a moron who was never elected. I'm sick of this. New York State is the most dysfunctional state.

Gerald Ford was never elected as well, just to bring up a point.

The working and middle class do see some discontent with having Bloomberg as mayor (for a third term), but look at the bigger picture. He may not be a perfect, or a popular mayor, but there are things where he looked at the bigger picture for all. He may have used tyrannical means to achieve it, but still. It's too quick to jump out and lash at him for everything, his term isn't over yet, so we can't judge him now. He did some nasty sh*t such as the biking thing, and the ped plazas thing. But do you want to sit next to someone who blows on a cigarette when you eat in a restaurant? Would you want your kid to eat unhealthy snacks at school? I'm not a fan of the Hizzoner, but I'm just raising a point here.

When I attended Brooklyn Tech from 1999 to 2003, there was a vending machine that sold Snapple. They also sold pretzels in the basement. Now I'm 25 years old. I don't weigh 300 pounds.

Ah, well that was 2003. Lately, even Snapple got yanked out from the vending machines.

My point is that a nanny state is an overly-draconian approach and that the government shouldn't tell people how to live their lives.

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem" - a quote from my favourite president

Archived