Ok hows this? NO trains will run if theres Track work.

RTOMan

It's a double edged sword. It works because the work will get done faster but in shutting down the ENTIRE line, even more people are inconvienced and have to shuffle around to other lines where if it was in one section, less people would be affected. Can you see the (MTA) shutting down the entire (A) line for construction? Mmmm, I don't know if I can.

I was recently wondering whether that would be the best thing. Seeing how they've tightened up flagging rules, often in an overboard fashion, (which can lead to more people cutting corners, and still getting hurt! If they're that concerned about safety, the safest thing would be to have no traffic at all); and then, many times the workers hold us for a long time trying to tighten up that last bolt or whatever. So I say, if they can't do the work under traffic, within the headways, then they should have a G.O.

This especially after almost missing an early morning bus last week (would have missed most of a funeral) because they held an (L) coming into Myrtle for over 10 minutes; still hammering and even buzzsawing the rail on the switch. I'm like "can this really be done under regular traffic? Even the midnight 20 minute headway is not enough?".

Then, they had the tunnel under the river flagged, so they had to go 10 mph all the way from Bedford to 1st Ave. I had to jump out there, get a cab, and made it to the Port Authority in less than 10 minutes.

If the line was closed, I could have just waited for the (M2), and while that would be a longer trip, at least I would have still had time, or planned to catch a cab somewhere.

Also, many other times working other lines when they have several gangs during the midday. It's too much!

When they used to talk of shutting most of the entire system down at night, part of the plan was to do all the work then. Seemed to make sense. Perhaps at least for certain periods; such as a semiannual system maintenance.

True, that it is a double-edged sword.

Yep I think its a better idea. This system ill fall apart if repairs isn't done..

People always complaint that the (MTA) needs to repair the system, but when the G/O comes in the same people bi9ch to the t/a on why they have to cause a service disruption on there day.

Tho idk how the MOW workers are gonna react with longer track/repair hours.

More free shuttle buses, good news for those that can save $$.

The idea of the shuttle buses is that somewhere along the route you will have to take the subway or bus with paying. So don't necessarily get your hopes up about traveling for free, you're gonna have to pay one way or another!

I was recently wondering whether that would be the best thing. Seeing how they've tightened up flagging rules, often in an overboard fashion, (which can lead to more people cutting corners, and still getting hurt! If they're that concerned about safety, the safest thing would be to have no traffic at all); and then, many times the workers hold us for a long time trying to tighten up that last bolt or whatever. So I say, if they can't do the work under traffic, within the headways, then they should have a G.O.

This especially after almost missing an early morning bus last week (would have missed most of a funeral) because they held an (L) coming into Myrtle for over 10 minutes; still hammering and even buzzsawing the rail on the switch. I'm like "can this really be done under regular traffic? Even the midnight 20 minute headway is not enough?".

Then, they had the tunnel under the river flagged, so they had to go 10 mph all the way from Bedford to 1st Ave. I had to jump out there, get a cab, and made it to the Port Authority in less than 10 minutes.

If the line was closed, I could have just waited for the (M2), and while that would be a longer trip, at least I would have still had time, or planned to catch a cab somewhere.

Also, many other times working other lines when they have several gangs during the midday. It's too much!

When they used to talk of shutting most of the entire system down at night, part of the plan was to do all the work then. Seemed to make sense. Perhaps at least for certain periods; such as a semiannual system maintenance.

True, that it is a double-edged sword.

If it makes things safer for the workers, I am all for it. Things like rail replacement on the midnights can be done if EVERYTHING goes right. If something goes wrong such as the rail expanding when cutting or tools breaking, it can foul up the road something bad.

The idea of the shuttle buses is that somewhere along the route you will have to take the subway or bus with paying. So don't necessarily get your hopes up about traveling for free, you're gonna have to pay one way or another!

For some people that travel along a certain section or don't work in Manhattan, these buses can lead to free rides, like the 2/5 shuttle buses.

i actually think this is a good idea, now we don't have to deal with stupid reroute GO's or slow service on sections that are being worked on, plus it'll be a one time thing that gets done in say a week. now the only issue is the amount of workers they are planning to pull in to get the work done, it better be sufficient.

sure it can work. keep saying that when they send 1 bus for a trainload of people and you get to work even later. these contractors drag their ass's either way. so you could end up with line shut downs taking longer than (MTA) says.

For some people that travel along a certain section or don't work in Manhattan, these buses can lead to free rides, like the 2/5 shuttle buses.

It really depends where you're going...during the (A) shuttle bus between Utica and Jay Street, if I need to drop off something in Brooklyn Heights which I have done in some cases and return home THEN the ride is free.

Since some people seem to have a problem with the track work being done affecting "thier service" well heres this No service..

For the ENITRE LINE...

Feel Better Now?

Heres the Link....

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/118642/mta-considers-line-shutdowns-during-repairs

Told you people they read this stuff...:confused:

i actually think this is a great idea, shut down and use shuttle buses for one weekend rather than screwing up everything for 4 months and making all the trains go to the wrong places i like that idea

i actually think this is a great idea, shut down and use shuttle buses for one weekend rather than screwing up everything for 4 months and making all the trains go to the wrong places i like that idea

yay, i'm not the only person who thinks this way!!!B)

I'd rather have my train running with delays and service changes than not running at all because one portion of the track is being worked on. How hard is it to check the service changes and read the signs. I can say the MTA at least does a good job of keeping things up to date on their own website.

people will b*tch about GOs, people will b*tch about line closures and then people will b*tch about the poor state of the system. Either way, the MTA loses.

Since some people seem to have a problem with the track work being done affecting "thier service" well heres this No service..

For the ENITRE LINE...

Feel Better Now?

Heres the Link....

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/118642/mta-considers-line-shutdowns-during-repairs

Told you people they read this stuff...:confused:

It would work.

Archived