New Plates

St Louis Car 09

I'm not gonna lie but at first I hated them and the idea of them but I'm noticing that the current plates look very stale next to the new ones. I think they should've improved the design on the current one as opposed to resurrecting this old one.

The new plates are alright but noone has a car that matches those colors so it looks ugly. If I'm not mistaking, I heard that these will be madatory and every NYer has to get one by Next April. i'm not 100% sure though.

The new plates are alright but noone has a car that matches those colors so it looks ugly. If I'm not mistaking, I heard that these will be madatory and every NYer has to get one by Next April. i'm not 100% sure though.
Yeppers.One new plates are administered everyone must follow,if not prepare to be pulled over.

According to the NYSDMV website, when you renew your registration you do not get the new orange plates.

According to the NYSDMV website, when you renew your registration you do not get the new orange plates.

Sooner or later that will change, I wish they would bring back the Lady Liberty plates. Those were nice plates.

Sooner or later that will change, I wish they would bring back the Lady Liberty plates. Those were nice plates.

Do you know if you have vintage plates you can use them again on classic vehicles? I actually like the look of the new plates, they remind me of early 80's era. but you know what, who cares what they look like as long as they get me from a to b

Yeah I like those too. Have a commercial plate at home my father jacked off a truck that blocked him in back in the 90's when we got a ticket because we couldn't get out of the spot. Won when he had to go to court but he lost a day of work off it, so we got the bastid's plate and I got a collectible

Yeah I like those too. Have a commercial plate at home my father jacked off a truck that blocked him in back in the 90's when we got a ticket because we couldn't get out of the spot. Won when he had to go to court but he lost a day of work off it, so we got the bastid's plate and I got a collectible

I think I have a few laying around somewhere in my house.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks the same about the Liberty plates. Those were great.

Awesome! Revenge is sweet :)

My objective is life is if it aint broke dont fix it. Why another stupid imo plate change? The Statue of Liberty was perfect way for show everyone you from NY state. In just 10-12 years the empire state is going through major changes again.

Yet in a state like California they have had for almost 30 years the same white w/ red and blue trimmings like this on almost all of their vechiles. The only change is that their DMV still was able to add 'dog tags' on their plates. Personally i really dislike the new "NY Retro' plates as dark orange and dark blue dont go together.:tdown::mad:

Maybe Gov Paterson and whoever design it is having 'disco' flashbacks on the new retro plates.:(

Here the Golden State plates.

http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_CAXX.html

Do you know if you have vintage plates you can use them again on classic vehicles? I actually like the look of the new plates, they remind me of early 80's era. but you know what, who cares what they look like as long as they get me from a to b

I don't think you can, however I have seen old cars (40's and 50's old) with "historical" plates and I seem to remember them being the old orange and black/navy blue lettering. i wish I had something to put plates ON TO.

Go here to see some or the older plates. http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_NYXX.html

Archived