Scary Subway Stories?

Robert Bosco

I was on the (E) saturday night, enjoying a nap, when I was woken up by some comotion. Some dude was trying to get on the train, but apparently the conductor was quick to close the doors. The passenger momentarily got caught inbetween the doors, but managed to get inside the car. Once he was inside (just so happened to be the 6th car) he approached the conductor and verbally abused the guy. Thankfully the guy didn't throw a punch, cause he was reaaallly pissed. So this leads me to my question......what is the weirdest, scariest, or most interesting thing that you've ever seen while riding the subway? This little episode would have been real scary, especially if there was an assault involved.

Well I'm not sure if this is what you mean by "scary," but once I was on a north bound (M) between Union Street and Pacific Street at the RFW on an R42 when the strom door opened. I was just standing there when I pulled on the handel as the trin jerked forword and the door slides all the way open. All I could think as I shurt the door was HOLY S%@T!!!! Once the train stopped at Pacific, I told the T/O that the door was unlocked and all he said was "HOLY S%@" too. Other than that I was once an a train when the C/R was slashed but it was on an R46 so we sat and waited for EMS and police. I think the C/R was ok and tey cought the guy too. After a while I have been able to block out most of the fights and other non-sense that takes place on the train.

I had just exited the (4) last Thursday on 59th Street when I heard some commotion coming from the 59th and Lex. exit. All of a sudden, three men come running down the platform. One snatched a bag fronm this man in front of me (with what seemed to have a box of brand new sneakers in it) while another attempted to grab my Tiffany bag (which had nothing but a catalog in it cause I already had the ring on B)) but it just broke instead. They all managed to jump on the train. 2 minutes later the cops came running down the escalators, but the train had already pulled off.

But to make a long story, I was almost robbed.

I had just exited the (4) last Thursday on 59th Street when I heard some commotion coming from the 59th and Lex. exit. All of a sudden, three men come running down the platform. One snatched a bag fronm this man in front of me (with what seemed to have a box of brand new sneakers in it) while another attempted to grab my Tiffany bag (which had nothing but a catalog in it cause I already had the ring on B)) but it just broke instead. They all managed to jump on the train. 2 minutes later the cops came running down the escalators, but the train had already pulled off.

But to make a long story, I was almost robbed.

You got to be a real scumbag to try and snatch a bag off a lady. :mad:

You should have tripped him so he would have fell on his face.

My most scary subway moment.Was on a R42 (J) train.I was ridng the train then.The heaters in my car cought fire!i ran into the next car.And serval other people behind me.It was really crazy but the train stayed.In service though and everything.Went fine for the rest of the trip.

I have a story. While riding the (L) train from school we hit a dog who accidentally roamed onto the right of way near 105th Street (my stop) and since the train was going full force, the dog was killed and the whole train come into an emergency stop which made everybody fly forward. (Me included.) It think it was an R-40 if I'm not mistaken. Way before they took them off the Canarsie line.

Another time, I was like 5 and waiting with my mom (ironically) at East 105th Street when the platform was so icy, I fell and broke my jaw. Now at 15, I still got metal plates in the bastard.

I have a story. While riding the (L) train from school we hit a dog who accidentally roamed onto the right of way near 105th Street (my stop) and since the train was going full force, the dog was killed and the whole train come into an emergency stop which made everybody fly forward. (Me included.) It think it was an R-40 if I'm not mistaken. Way before they took them off the Canarsie line.

Another time, I was like 5 and waiting with my mom (ironically) at East 105th Street when the platform was so icy, I fell and broke my jaw. Now at 15, I still got metal plates in the bastard.

Okay, you win lol. The metal jaw thing sucks.

Archived