Yankee Stadium tomorrow?

I'm in town and got tickets to the Yankees game tomorrow at 1pm... I'm staying in Crown Heights along the Franklin Ave (S), so I have access to the (Q) and the (A) (the (C) isn't running this weekend and the (B) doesn't run weekends). What's going to be the least painful wheelchair-accessible route to Yankee Stadium with all of these GO's this weekend? The elevator at GCT is out so even if the MNR would have been a good idea, it's not on the menu because GCT is presently inaccessible. I know the (D) is running local and I'm rather concerned that a (D) local all the way up 8th Ave will be the slow boat to China.

Bearing in mind wheelchair-accessibility, what do you folks suggest for a quick and reliable way up there? Thanks so much :).

I'm in town and got tickets to the Yankees game tomorrow at 1pm... I'm staying in Crown Heights along the Franklin Ave (S), so I have access to the (Q) and the (A) (the (C) isn't running this weekend and the (B) doesn't run weekends). What's going to be the least painful wheelchair-accessible route to Yankee Stadium with all of these GO's this weekend? The elevator at GCT is out so even if the MNR would have been a good idea, it's not on the menu because GCT is presently inaccessible. I know the (D) is running local and I'm rather concerned that a (D) local all the way up 8th Ave will be the slow boat to China.

Bearing in mind wheelchair-accessibility, what do you folks suggest for a quick and reliable way up there? Thanks so much :).

Just take the A (local in Brooklyn) to the D at 125 St. This express vs. local thing is all in the head. You have to cover the mileage anyway, the running time on the local D vs. the

express D from 59 to 125 is hardly 5 minutes. You can take the A (express in Manhattan) to 125 for the D.

Just take the A (local in Brooklyn) to the D at 125 St. This express vs. local thing is all in the head. You have to cover the mileage anyway, the running time on the local D vs. the

express D from 59 to 125 is hardly 5 minutes. You can take the A (express in Manhattan) to 125 for the D.

This is pretty much your best bet. The (4) is out in Brooklyn and with the (Q), you're running into ADA problems at Canal (You could take the (S)-(Q)-(D), but beware that the elevators at Herald Square are pretty pungent).

Archived