R-46 on the C

QDover

September 9, 2010: The R32 Brightliners turn 46 - only four years away from their fiftieth anniversary. Yay! :tup: :P

For a subway car, I think only the B.R.T./B.M.T. AB Standards (Built 1914-1918; Last revenue service 70(LL) 1969) served longer.

The el car Q Car served 66 years.

I do hear from alot of reliable sources that if the (C) goes 600" it will still have R32's with a Mixure of R46's if this happens, I heard in the summertime, It would make sence since 207th has 230 R32's plus 6 retired R32's(might convert to work motors).

I'm wondering why the (C) isn't already full-length. When I do the math it turns out there's a surplus of R32's. The (C) is the only line that uses them. It seems like they're just sitting in the yard.

For the moment there isn't a need to extend the C train yet. Plus R44s are being phased out and the real surplus would be in June when the (M) replaces the (V) and displaces the R46s to Pitkin/207th.

Finally (C) riders will have comfortable subway cars.

That is subjective and who's saying everyone agrees with that assesment? To me: bucket seats are terrible, especially the 3-seaters. You do not speak for everyone and should not be making baseless statements.

From what I'm hearing the (C) will go full length and will be split half 32's & 46's.Now whoever is imaginative when the (A) goes local in Bklyn in Manhattan just think of it as a re-routed (C) train from 207th to Queens and that's your local experience with (A) rollsigns & LCD.We all never know the (C) may go full length tomorrow,next month,year or decade but it has to happen someday its only a matter of time and when even if its temporary for a day*it happened*.

They will SMS them the same way they did with the R46....take one eight or ten car train out at a time. so there is no need for a R46 put-in.

After watching several car classes get SMSed at CIY I can tell you that it's usuall done 2 trains at a time and sometimes more.

I'm wondering why the (C) isn't already full-length. When I do the math it turns out there's a surplus of R32's. The (C) is the only line that uses them. It seems like they're just sitting in the yard.

It would be smart for the (C) to be 600", One the R32's need to be on the (:P that would be smart, two, the (C) needs something different, It would still have R32's but half, I do have good sources, but not all they say is true, I can tell when they tell me bullshit, (C) riders are going to open their mouths sooner or later as well as (A) riders.

For the moment there isn't a need to extend the C train yet. Plus R44s are being phased out and the real surplus would be in June when the (M) replaces the (V) and displaces the R46s to Pitkin/207th.

That is subjective and who's saying everyone agrees with that assesment? To me: bucket seats are terrible, especially the 3-seaters. You do not speak for everyone and should not be making baseless statements.

incorrect

When did I insinuate that I care about your opinion?

I live along the (A) and the (C). You don't. I don't care what I ride, yet you do. Since you don't use the (A) or the (C) like I do, my opinion outweighs yours. Pip pip cheerio.

So by that logic, when I say that the (F) should operate via 53rd I'm correct since I use the QB lines.

Go and tell that to the MTA then. Let me know how it works out. Pip pip cheerio.

That's not the same logic though. Irg's opinion is about comfort, a subjective condition. You're talking about something complelty diffrent.

He does this every month. He throws these hissy fits and then takes a break for like two-three weeks. The guy is incapable of thinking rationally with others that he resorts to his outbursts when someone disagrees with him.

On the flip side, riders on the (A) and the (C) don't care what they ride. The subway is a means, not a luxury. Some People fail to comprehend this. If he want padded or cushioned seating then he can take it to the LIRR, or the gas-guzzling express buses that he loves so much.

YOU PAY MORE FOR YOUR COMFORT!!!

(btw, it's Lrg :()

Archived