Possible photo trip?

yoshi

1) the trackway is littered with downed trees, dead animals (I saw a dead raccoon :eek:)

2) The trackway ends because a nasty tree collapse rendered the area impassable. Have to climb a very nasty steep hill to get up.

3) Even if you do get ahead of that (doubt it), the tracks end with some barbwire fence.

4) High bug count

5) High probability of tripping on things.

This list is a bit specific from someone who is trying to convince another person not to trespass. :(

This list is a bit specific from someone who is trying to convince another person not to trespass. :(

I made the f*ckin' mistake of goin' down there....put it like this.....I was covinced by a fellow assho-----railfan to go down there with him......I bailed after a few minutes :)

here's the kicker...a few people were there too (a man and his kids roaming about)

I went down there, but I thought it was open to the public......till the nasty fence.

UH-OH!

SUPERCITIZEN is going to alert the police.

RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

GET THE AMBALAMPS :(

You are not being rude, you're being stupid.

there doesn't need to be a fence, there doesn't need to be a sign. the law says that a person may not be on someone Else's property without their permission, they don't need a sign and they don't need a fence. and there are, by the way, lots of fences.

It's not part of the park, you can't be there.

If I ever see you down there, I will alert the police, and they will lock you up. Too many railfans are getting like you, ignoring the law for the sake of fufilment in the hobby.

Mr. Shatner can say it best

Yo why you going so hard for? Let him do what he got to do. Why don't you get a life instead of being a buzz-kill. You and several people already told him that it is illegal and in any point I haven't seen a source declaring that going through that trail is against the law or trespassing on government property (The state owns it.) Like you said there's no signs, how do you know that it is illegal?

You are not being rude, you're being stupid.

there doesn't need to be a fence, there doesn't need to be a sign. the law says that a person may not be on someone else's property without thier permission, they don't need a sign and they don't need a fence. and there are, by the way, lots of fences.

It's not part of the park, you can't be there.

If I ever see you down there, I will alert the police, and they will lock you up. Too many railfans are getting like you, ignoring the law for the sake of fufilment in the hobby.

Mr. Shatner can say it best

you can call the police if you want but sines nothing stated that it was private property i was just walking threw the woods and found these tracks so try again

well.....the barbed wire fence......

the only place that has a fence are where the tracks lead behind peoples houses but the rest of the stretch thats in the park has no fences

Is it around the whole place?

no it is not

the only place that has a fence are where the tracks lead behind peoples houses but the rest of the stretch thats in the park has no fences

That's why I said "the southern end"

The whole line, end to end, was given to the TA. It's techicly an arm of the subway system.

just because it was given to them dosen't make it a subway line the way it is to this day is still configured as a LIRR line and the TA has done nothing to change it into a subway line

Well, honestly, I have walked over the bridge on the Yellowstone area, it was surely wild and abandoned, but they put up the fence for a reason because of teens most likely doing illegal stuff up there or there were homeless or gang activity on there. But, a hike may be okay in ways...

Who taught you english & how to put a sentence together & how to make sense?

Ignorantia juris non excusat, ever heard of it?

It's the legal principle stating that the ignorance of a law is not a defense. Thus, extending it to this example would be, just because there are no signs dictating the legality of trespass on this property, does not mean it is illegal, especially since you SHOULD know it's illegal to enter MTA ROW without authority. Abandoned or not, this would be trespass, and if you tried to use your defense, stating there were no signs posted, you'd be put down quite quickly.

Archived