Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robert Bosco

For The Hell Of It

Aside from myself, does anyone ride the subway, just for the hell of it? Like on a rainy day...or if you just have nothing to do. I actually find the subway the most enjoyable when I have no paticular destiantion. Especially on the (Q)(B) & (F).

I sometimes do too. Mostly the (A)(J)(L), and (4)(5)(6) Lexington av lines. Or sometimes the (1) if Im going to Target on 225th, or want to get a good view of the Manhattanville and Kingsbridge Depots.

I can certainly say I do. I wouldn't like NYC if it wasn't for the subway, so I ride it whenever I can, like the last time I was in NY, I just rode the subway all day long.

Aint that called railfanning? But yes sometimes i do ride the subway. Just for the heck of it.Like the (N),(B)(D),(F) and (Q) lines. Also sometimes i like to ride the (J) and (M) lines just for the heck of it.

I do it every Friday and on half days. Every Friday I resort to taking the (6) from 96th (school stop) to 86th, a (4) or (5) to Fulton, a (J) to Jamaica Center and an (E) to Roosevelt.

Before, I use to railfan weekly. Now its once in a while or on occasion. I do more bus riding than train riding lately since I've just been sticking to riding around in NJ and don't venture much to NYC as I use to.

Before, I use to railfan weekly. Now its once in a while or on occasion. I do more bus riding than train riding lately since I've just been sticking to riding around in NJ and don't venture much to NYC as I use to.

I hear ya. It can get tiring after a while.

I hear ya. It can get tiring after a while.

Ya, nothing exciting happening much around. And NJ is more fun if you know where to ride and what to ride. Lots of things have consumed my time too. Once in a while is good, or better when special events are happening.

I never and will never ride on a train "Just for the hell of it" If I do, its to commute, railfan, or do something. I'm not just going to say to myself, "Hey Im bored. Let me go ride a train"

I rarely do that. Last week I rode the (:) to and from Sheepshead Bay to get what might be my last R40 ride on the Brighton Express. Sometimes if I am coming back uptown from downtown during the rush hour, I would ride to Brooklyn and then go back uptown to get a seat.

Aside from myself, does anyone ride the subway, just for the hell of it? Like on a rainy day...or if you just have nothing to do. I actually find the subway the most enjoyable when I have no paticular destiantion. Especially on the (Q) (:) & (F).

Sure, all the time. I particularly like to ride the (2) out to Brooklyn and back.

Sure, all the time. I particularly like to ride the (2) out to Brooklyn and back.

How can you do that?I do ride the 2 line from the Bronx to Brooklyn 2 times,but it seem like you do it all the time.

On a similar note, one weekend when the (2) was local, I rode out to 135 Street to Flatbush Avenue and back up again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.