SEPTA Restyle Hybrids

Van2006ko

As menitioned in This thread. The DE40LFR which SEPTA received in 2010 will be different then the conventional model of them.

For about a week so far, roughly six new SEPTA hybrids has been placed into service operating out of their suburban division. These New Flyer DE40LRS are extremely unique. The roofline expands over the the A/C on the top and the batteries They also have a rear designation sign on the rear-top hand side of the bus as well. SEPTA is set to receive 120 of these units by the end of summer.

After ridden on one the other day: These buses accelerate extremely slowly.

For information and photos

http://philadelphiatransitforums.cjb.net/topic/7207384/11/

Hey. I have mixed feeelings about these things. I like them for the LFR face... anyway, people say they're slow, others say they're fast... i think they are okay for a bus of its size, but i still would rather the regular rooftop. hmmm

I think its the transmission, and remember a lot of these busses are going to be in stop-start traffic conditions all day long.

- A

Yea they tuned the transmission accordingly, however, they are mainly using them on the 125, which runs via the Schyukill Expressway running only 45mph in areas where the speed limit is 55.... its embarrassing and they need to fix that

Seems to be a problem with the tranny.No hybrid should accelerate that fast.the electric motors should increase acceleration.Ride a Orion 7 hybrid in NYC and thats how the new SEPTA should move.

Fast?? They are slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow They have craptastic take off... they only pick up speed on the highway... If they really are gonna be that slow, they need to revert back to diesel

• 2 weeks later...

Archived