Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Loses Millions Each Year

Forest Glen

Pablo, still seeing that enforcement at the HBLR? I don't even see it and I was on it yesterday. Last week I was on NLR and I didn't see a transit or Newark/Livingston cop anywhere.
I see them at stations now during the peak hours, other than that you won't find them. And during the midday they're at Newport Mall having lunch and chillin' til the PM rush.

They need to install Platform mini doors , like they have on some Asian systems. & With the platform mini doors , turnstiles are needed like the ones on the PATH. That system will ensure that ppl will buy there fare.

That won't ever work on the HBLR, the system is too open. You would have to completely fence off most of the stations somehow. The only stations I can see it work are: 22nd Street, 34th Street, 45th Street, Danforth Avenue, West Side Avenue, Hoboken Terminal, Lincoln Harbor, Port Imperial, Bergenline Avenue, and Tonnelle Avenue. Thats 10 out of 23 stations (almost half but the majority rules).

Hell, the southbound platform at Liberty State Park is a sidewalk!

There would have to be serious serious modifications that would cost alot of money to accommodate all the stations that are open. The ones I did list either have one entrance to the platform(s) or require walk up or down stairs to get to the platforms, so fare gates shouldn't be too much of a problem.

And as said, money would be a problem. I don't think the feds would fund for something like this yet. They much rather hold off on trying to extend the line (like to Tenafly).

honestly, im concerned about the bergenline ave station. i dont see any stairs at that place and i wonder, God forbid, if there was ever a fire inside and no one was able to get out.....that can be a seriously deadly situation.

Theres Emergency stairs , same with 9th / Congress.

Archived