Class Warfare

LexAveExp5

I am extremely proud to read what I've been reading on this forum lately, about how the rich are attacking the middle class in any way legally (and sometimes not even) possible and the anger in these posts in the "Transit Career Forums". The problem with this country is that everybody is on Facebook and Twitter and nobody pays any attention to politics and most aren't even aware that the Upper Class is waging all out war on our families. Last week, 88 year old actress Betty White hosted Saturday Night Live in midtown because of a "mandate" on Facebook because of a group that demanded she host the show. I have decided in the very near future to come up with my own Facebook group, designed to push back on the rich and restore the United States back to the beacon for middle class families that it once was. I would like your ideas on how to frame the wording of the group. My current idea is that I would like to see the 90% tax rate re-enstated on the extremely rich. The idea is that we start it with our friends here in New York, and since most people in the country know someone in New York, it will spread throughout the country. My hopes is that it will be picked up by the national media and impact this November's midterm congressional elections, the way that NBC was impacted by the Betty White group. I'm sure there are already political groups out there so ours has to be special. It must be factually correct, and also reflect the views of not only us on the left but the independent voters in the middle. I will try not to use the word "union" in my group because most people think we're all left wing nutjobs. Any ideas on how to approach this? If my idea gets bashed here I will do it alone, no biggie.

because i really thought you guys cared. 75 views and 1 post? move it, please! i'll save America alone

I hate to deter you, and I'm definitely not knocking your enthusiasm, but unless you build an ark, and take two of each animal, but leave the politicians, insurance representatives, lawyers, pharmaceutical pushers, staunch conservatives, news journalists, cars salespeople, sports agents, entertainment execs, loudmouths, red tapers and Lady Gaga to drown, you're not going to be able to change a damn thing about this country. Right now, hard-working people are forced to dine out on their own blood, sweat and tears are given pink slips to function as napkins. People can't save their own jobs, can't save their homes, can't save their families, can't save their pennies and in some cases, can't even save themselves at this point.

Quite honestly, government prefers the boat to strike a rock than someone who rocks the boat. People can cry, "Oh, that's the attitude to causes changes for the better to be talk and never walk," and I'm a firm believer of pushing for something until I'm certain that my efforts are for naught. However, we're living in a plutocratic society where even our elected officials can't change anything. You can buy an island and start your own community, and it'd only be a matter of time before that becomes fraught with corruption as well. It's just how this sad society works.

I hate to deter you, and I'm definitely not knocking your enthusiasm, but unless you build an ark, and take two of each animal, but leave the politicians, insurance representatives, lawyers, pharmaceutical pushers, staunch conservatives, news journalists, cars salespeople, sports agents, entertainment execs, loudmouths, red tapers and Lady Gaga to drown, you're not going to be able to change a damn thing about this country. Right now, hard-working people are forced to dine out on their own blood, sweat and tears are given pink slips to function as napkins. People can't save their own jobs, can't save their homes, can't save their families, can't save their pennies and in some cases, can't even save themselves at this point.

Quite honestly, government prefers the boat to strike a rock than someone who rocks the boat. People can cry, "Oh, that's the attitude to causes changes for the better to be talk and never walk," and I'm a firm believer of pushing for something until I'm certain that my efforts are for naught. However, we're living in a plutocratic society where even our elected officials can't change anything. You can buy an island and start your own community, and it'd only be a matter of time before that becomes fraught with corruption as well. It's just how this sad society works.

It's true. And if the ship is truly sinking (and I think it is...albeit slowly) I have three goals.

1- Cover MY ass

2- Make sure my friends and family are prepared to cover THEIR asses

3- Make sure the rich bastards that caused this go under and feel not a god damn iota of sympathy when they lose EVERYthing that they stole. Because for those who care only about money, losing their money is a fate worse than death and that's why so many who lose everything kill themselves.

3- Make sure the rich bastards that caused this go under and feel not a god damn iota of sympathy when they lose EVERYthing that they stole. Because for those who care only about money, losing their money is a fate worse than death and that's why so many who lose everything kill themselves.

now this is the kind of passion i was looking for :P

they dont like the word union because those rich 7 figures a year bastards dont like it when people want more $$$ from them. they want it all to themselves.

those nutjobs are living in their own little la la land and have absolutely no clue what's going on in the world. what can we do...

Archived