The (D) Train, Beginning June 28

With the loss of (M2) Service along the West End, is it possible there might be some scheduled (D) Trains to turn at Bay Parkway? It seems logical and irrational simultaneously because Stillwell can only handle so many TPH ( not that, it can't handle it now with current (D)(M2) service ). But then again, with the cuts, I'm guessing the Bay Parkway Tower will become quiet with no employees to man it, because no trains will turn there.

Zach

With the loss of (M2) Service along the West End, is it possible there might be some scheduled (D) Trains to turn at Bay Parkway? It seems logical and irrational simultaneously because Stillwell can only handle so many TPH ( not that, it can't handle it now with current (D)(M2) service ). But then again, with the cuts, I'm guessing the Bay Parkway Tower will become quiet with no employees to man it, because no trains will turn there.

Zach

Dont Think so unless they run a supplement.

I doubt (D) service will get bumped up even if my a margin, but if they make it to where trains run every six minutes it really wouldn't be a problem. The (Q) operates more frequent than the (D) at those same headways (6 TPH) yet trains don't short-turn at Brighton Beach because of it.

I doubt (D) service will get bumped up even if my a margin, but if they make it to where trains run every six minutes it really wouldn't be a problem. The (Q) operates more frequent than the (D) at those same headways (6 TPH) yet trains don't short-turn at Brighton Beach because of it.

True, but the (:P is turning at Brighton too. To turn both ( just like during Stillwell Reconstruction ) can get ugly. lol

True, but the (:P is turning at Brighton too. To turn both ( just like during Stillwell Reconstruction ) can get ugly. lol

I forgot what tracks were used to relay what trains because only some tracks were allowed to turn (Q) trains, while some were allowed to turn <Q> trains, while some were allowed to turn both.

I forgot what tracks were used to relay what trains because only some tracks were allowed to turn (Q) trains, while some were allowed to turn <Q> trains, while some were allowed to turn both.

(Q) trains would enter the Coney Island bound local track, relay on one of the two middle tracks (between local and express) and then head back via the Coney Island bound Express track to Manhattan.

As for the <Q>, later (:P, the trains would enter the Manhattan bound Express track, relay via the middle track (between Local and Express) and then head back via the Manhattan bound Local track.

On weekends the (Q) would also use the Manhattan bound track.

So the Coney Island platform had (Q) while Manhattan bound platform had <Q>(:P trains.

(Q) trains would enter the Coney Island bound local track, relay on one of the two middle tracks (between local and express) and then head back via the Coney Island bound Express track to Manhattan.

As for the <Q>, later (:P, the trains would enter the Manhattan bound Express track, relay via the middle track (between Local and Express) and then head back via the Manhattan bound Local track.

On weekends the (Q) would also use the Manhattan bound track.

So the Coney Island platform had (Q) while Manhattan bound platform had <Q>(:P trains.

All true, except, the <Q>/(:( only used the Manhattan-Bound Local Track at Brighton Beach, during AM & PM Rush Hours (only a few trains were ran off there), At all other times during the weekdays, the <Q>/(B) used to only utilize the Manhattan-Bound Express Track to terminate. The <Q>/(B) never relayed like the (Q) did off the Coney Island Bound Local Track to the Coney Island Bound Layup, then back onto the Coney Island Bound Express Track.

*Actually, I must correct myself. I remember the Tuesday after Columbus Day in October 2002, they had (Q)s turning at Brighton, while they sent <Q>s to Stillwell and relayed them there. The (Q) used the 2 middle tracks in Brighton, while the <Q>s crossed over before Brighton Beach, discharged, went light to Stillwell, turned, and came back on the Manhattan-Bound Local Track. Resumed Service at Brighton again..

All true, except, the <Q>/(:P only used the Manhattan-Bound Local Track at Brighton Beach, during AM & PM Rush Hours (only a few trains were ran off there), At all other times during the weekdays, the <Q>/(:P used to only utilize the Manhattan-Bound Express Track to terminate. The <Q>/(:( never relayed like the (Q) did off the Coney Island Bound Local Track to the Coney Island Bound Layup, then back onto the Coney Island Bound Express Track.

*Actually, I must correct myself. I remember the Tuesday after Columbus Day in October 2002, they had (Q)s turning at Brighton, while they sent <Q>s to Stillwell and relayed them there. The (Q) used the 2 middle tracks in Brighton, while the <Q>s crossed over before Brighton Beach, discharged, went light to Stillwell, turned, and came back on the Manhattan-Bound Local Track. Resumed Service at Brighton again..

I believe there was only one track available for trains to use to access the yard, southbound IIRC.

I remember I was at Stillwell the day before the service changes...it was Saturday at 10 in the evening and I used to live along the Brighton Line. The station was in deplorable condition then...the rehab sure gave it a good facelift.

Nah, they'll never do that. But it just crossed me the other day, that perhaps after these cuts, we might see some Put-Ins, and/or Short Turn (D)'s in Bensonhurst.

that's what i meant like how the (6)and <6> runs rush hrs as the Local (D) to Bensonhurst and the Exp<D> to coney island pm Rush and the <D> will utilize the exp track till after bay pkwy then go local to coney is. and have (D) run on the local track then discharge Relay and head back on the manhattan bound track.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

the only reason why the Astoria exp was cut due to nimbys complaining that the train skiped their station

i see there "should" only Rsh hrs a <D>

Where do you get the idea people wants an express for the West End line? Most are on the local stops and don't want to see an empty express train pass them by while they get shortchanged in terms of service. So ride the N if you want to get out of Brooklyn sooner. The N has fewer stops and runs express from 59th/4thAv.

UA

Dont Think so unless they run a supplement.

That and these cuts are to save money by eliminating the use of several crew facilities. The (M) closes both Bay Pkwy and 2nd Av, if (D) trains were to turn at Bay Pkwy, they would have to man the facilities there.

During rush hours, could the (D) possibly receive a boost to six minutes (ten trains per hour) from its' current average eight minutes (average seven trains per hour) without impeding the (N) (:P or (A) beginning on June 28th?

Tne (D) (M2) benefitted The West End with an average of slightly less than five minute service only between Bay Parkway and 36th Street.

That and these cuts are to save money by eliminating the use of several crew facilities. The (M) closes both Bay Pkwy and 2nd Av, if (D) trains were to turn at Bay Pkwy, they would have to man the facilities there.

That's all I wanted to know which is why I questioned it.

Archived