R-32 spotted on the A

QDover

Long time no see NYCTransitForums B);)

the (C) is part time = doesnt need to be 10 cars and its 32's might get redistrubuted... so whats the rant all about dude?
Just because the (C) is part-time doesn't mean it limited to running an 8-car trainset.

Long time no see NYCTransitForums ;);)

Just because the (C) is part-time doesn't mean it limited to running an 8-car trainset.

oh sure it does, it also dont run on weekends. as you can see the (A) handles fulton very well as a local without the (C);)

BAM! Rode it today! it shouldnt be 10 cars. its only crowded for about 4 stops in manhattan (CPW)

BULLSHIT! Every subway line should be operated at it's maximum length possible. That includes the (C) and the (G). Due to the fact that I live along the (C) and use it probably more than you do, I can justify that the (C) should be full-length.

Every subway line should be operated at it's maximum length possible. That includes the (C) and the (G). Due to the fact that I live along the (C) and use it probably more than you do, I can justify that the (C) should be full-length.

I agree with you on this one that the (C) and (G) should be full length, let's give the R160s to the (G) and they can be full length, instead of the (R) and (V).

Back to topic, the (A)'s R-32s are running quite well right now, but the (A) line can't run them to death.

BULLSHIT! Every subway line should be operated at it's maximum length possible. That includes the (C) and the (G). Due to the fact that I live along the (C) and use it probably more than you do, I can justify that the (C) should be full-length.

hmmm... nah i dont think so. the (C) is perfect as an 8 car 60 footer

I agree with you on this one that the (C) and (G) should be full length, let's give the R160s to the (G) and they can be full length, instead of the (R) and (V).

Back to topic, the (A)'s R-32s are running quite well right now, but the (A) line can't run them to death.

ohh hell no. R160's on the (G)?? no no no. R32's on the (A) are perfect. the whole line should be infested with R32's. they are great crowd handlers and they move fast

hmmm... nah i dont think so. the (C) is perfect as an 8 car 60 footer

Well let's see after the service cuts...if the (C) doesn't go full-length then, THEn we can say that it's justified to have eight cars because it'll stay that way until a new car order comes in (and the order will be five-car sets for uniformity).

Well let's see after the service cuts...if the (C) doesn't go full-length then, THEn we can say that it's justified to have eight cars because it'll stay that way until a new car order comes in (and the order will be five-car sets for uniformity).

Why would the (C) go full lenght after the cuts, there will still be a shortage with all the R44s going by September. Keep in mind that there must be spare train sets for every line in the even t of brake downs. I doubt the (C) or (G) will go full lenght for a long time, there is also a sever shortage of yard space.

Why would the (C) go full lenght after the cuts, there will still be a shortage with all the R44s going by September. Keep in mind that there must be spare train sets for every line in the even t of brake downs. I doubt the (C) or (G) will go full lenght for a long time, there is also a sever shortage of yard space.

I doubt the (G) will ever go full length. Look at the way how the MTA treats it.

why do R32's have to be @ CI? why would pitkin get an order of 15 or 17 sets of R160's but then have them sent to Jamaica? CI has plenty of R68's jamaica has enough R46 and R160 train sets. 207th has more than enough 8 car R32's for the (C) and pitkin will have a good amount of R46 for (A) line service. after the cut, the car assignments wont leave an excessive amount of R46 trainsets. the (C) is part time = doesnt need to be 10 cars and its 32's might get redistrubuted... so whats the rant all about dude?

Why would you run 45 year old R32's on 2 lines that run 7 days a week, the (C) is still perfect for them but the (A) is not, The (A) is a long ass line and its a 24/7 line, The TA want's all the oldest equipment on a line that does NOT run 24/7, The (A) SHOULD have updated equipment, The (:( IS A PART TIME LINE, THE R32's would not be a problem on the (:P anyway, and if the (M) is in effect, Expect those R32's on the (A) to be elsewhere, Because ENY is going to need extra trains if the (M) is in effect, The R42's will not full the gap, ENY is going to need spares, And I heard from varius sources that they are going to be R32's.

Does the (MTA) have some sort of allergy to married pairs? :( I really think they should forget about uniformity and go back to flexibility. Most other North American subway systems have.

Why would you run 45 year old R32's on 2 lines that run 7 days a week, the (C) is still perfect for them but the (A) is not, The (A) is a long ass line and its a 24/7 line, The TA want's all the oldest equipment on a line that does NOT run 24/7, The (A) SHOULD have updated equipment, The (:P IS A PART TIME LINE, THE R32's would not be a problem on the (B) anyway, and if the (M) is in effect, Expect those R32's on the (A) to be elsewhere, Because ENY is going to need extra trains if the (M) is in effect, The R42's will not full the gap, ENY is going to need spares, And I heard from varius sources that they are going to be R32's.

ENY already has extra trains...the 99xx R160s, and im sure the 14 R42 spares will go to ENY. so R32's to ENY? out of the question. the yard wont be uniformal, it will be too mixed, unless ENY gives all its 42's to CI and takes some sets from 207 to fill the gap...leaving the yard with R32's and R160's... plus if you say R32's should be on part time lines, R32's on the (J) is contradictory, cuz the (J) is 24/7 i still think Jamaica is going to get a few sets back for the (R)

ENY already has extra trains...the 99xx R160s, and im sure the 14 R42 spares will go to ENY. so R32's to ENY? out of the question. the yard wont be uniformal, it will be too mixed, unless ENY gives all its 42's to CI and takes some sets from 207 to fill the gap...leaving the yard with R32's and R160's... plus if you say R32's should be on part time lines, R32's on the (J) is contradictory, cuz the (J) is 24/7 i still think Jamaica is going to get a few sets back for the (R)

ENY wouldn't have extras if the (M) is in effect, They are going to need the 14 extra R42's from 207th and 20-28 R32's to full in the gap, the (M2) uses about 19-22 trainsets, when it turns into the (M) its going to need more R160's and those cars are coming from the (J)/(Z) around 7-8 trainsets plus some selected (M)'s will start from 179th st during the AM/PM Rush Hours replacing the PM Rush Hour (E)'s out of 179, The PM put-ins from the (E) will start from 71st instead of 179, Heard this from a very reliable source, But that service pattern doesn't make sence but that's the TA.

Rerember ENY still uses R42's, I saw one on saturday night on the (J) and one on the (Z) on friday.

If they scrapped the 179 plan there would be no need for extra R32's, but when you extend you need extras and ENY is going to need spares for this wasted line that is a total waste of time and Money.

and the R32 part with the (R), I really don't know, I heard a rumor that Jamaica might get 5 trainsets back for a reason and I did not hear the (R), The (R) and (V) has been getting more R160s while the (F) is getting More R46's back, If anything they would throw them Back on the (F).

ENY wouldn't have extras if the (M) is in effect, They are going to need the 14 extra R42's from 207th and 20-28 R32's to full in the gap, the (M2) uses about 19-22 trainsets, when it turns into the (M) its going to need more R160's and those cars are coming from the (J)/(Z) around 7-8 trainsets plus some selected (M)'s will start from 179th st during the AM/PM Rush Hours replacing the PM Rush Hour (E)'s out of 179, The PM put-ins from the (E) will start from 71st instead of 179, Heard this from a very reliable source, But that service pattern doesn't make sence but that's the TA.

Rerember ENY still uses R42's, I saw one on saturday night on the (J) and one on the (Z) on friday.

If they scrapped the 179 plan there would be no need for extra R32's, but when you extend you need extras and ENY is going to need spares for this wasted line that is a total waste of time and Money.

and the R32 part with the (R), I really don't know, I heard a rumor that Jamaica might get 5 trainsets back for a reason and I did not hear the (R), The (R) and (V) has been getting more R160s while the (F) is getting More R46's back, If anything they would throw them Back on the (F).

The new M needs 5 additional trainsets, supplied by those 9900 series R160's. ENY will have no need for R32's. The M will not come out of 179, only about 6 trains lay up out there (where the t/o's will report, c/r's report at CTL). The trains will operate lite to CTL where they will go into service, reverse the process at night at lay up time. A few E's will still come out of 179 in the AM rush, reverse for the PM, just like is today. Source: you forget I have access to the work programs!

You got an R32 A-Line train bound for B 116th Street? That's great!! It reminds me of when the R10 thru R30A cars ruled that spur in the late 1980s thru early 90s and it was fun to have the corner cab RFW towards B 116th Street, now, it's mostly full width cab trains going that way, bus hopefully they'll have more R32 A-line trains down to Far Rockaway/Rock Park so that I can relive the late 80s again.......

yep they should keep several sets on the A and not only that the C should revive it's route to Rockaway Park during AM/PM weekly rush hours.(A)/©

yep they should keep several sets on the A and not only that the C should revive it's route to Rockaway Park during AM/PM weekly rush hours.(A)/©

The problem with a lot of R32 sets on the A is in case there is some kind of delay in northbound service or defective train on the stand at 207 St. the south destination sign may have to be changed due to the alternating south terminals.......all 20 of them and no platform conductor anymore.

The C will not go to Rock Park in the rush. This would require more trainsets and crews and what happens with the OPTO t/o's at Rock Park in the rush? Are you aware there is a budget shortfall with service cuts looming and you want more service? Ain't gonna happen!

The C will not go to Rock Park in the rush. This would require more trainsets and crews and what happens with the OPTO t/o's at Rock Park in the rush? Are you aware there is a budget shortfall with service cuts looming and you want more service? Ain't gonna happen!

Not to mention that when the R30s retired that made things topsy-turvy for B-Division routing and car assignments. We're facing another car shortage with the R44 retirement as well, from the way I see it.

That is where the (M) comes in. By chopping back the (M2) and the (V), you freed up enough 8-car R160 sets to run on this (M) line and in turn that frees up more R46 sets for the (A) to retire R44s. In the end they might be cutting it close, but with the southern Brooklyn (M2) gone, that's at least some trains to offset a bigger shortage.

Aside from the rush hour (A) trains [5 of them], there's no need for anything more than the shuttle. Middays a single 4-car train is more than enough for that segment. There is NO NEED for the (C) to go there. Not to mention unless the people were already using a local stop, more people are going to be on the (A) train than the (C). You are just going to have 'empty' (C) trains past Euclid.

Archived