NYC Transit Forums Mobile is now live

Harry

You can now browse the forums in mobile style on your mobile phone by choice. A very cut back style with very low bandwidth usage which renders well on pretty much all small screen devices from old Nokias to new iPhones and Blackberries.

• Supports viewing/posting/replying in forums
  • Supports viewing image posts
  • Supports Private Messaging
  • Supports Tags (viewing, not adding)
  • Supports viewing and replying to messages in Social Groups
  • Supports Thread Prefixes
  • And more

bbscreenshot_001.jpgbbscreenshot_002.jpg

ipodsceenshot_001.jpgipodsceenshot_002.jpg

Visit the URL below on your mobile phone:

http://mobile.nyctransitforums.com

its great and all but how do you switch back to pc mode once your in Mobile mode?

(t-up)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

its great and all but how do you switch back to pc mode once your in Mobile mode?

(t-up)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

How are you connecting to the mobile site and what device are you browsing with?

when i browse the site its in mobile and I'm using a t-mobile Sidekick

I thought there was already a moble version of this site in the past?

It was being worked on. I remember loading the page and the mobile version came up by default.

I thought there was already a mobile version of this site in the past?

Yes there was but it was too buggy and the automatic detection wasn't working properly. Now I would say it works about 95%. Good enough for now.

It was being worked on. I remember loading the page and the mobile version came up by default.

Yes it's been there for a while actually but because what was happening I had to disable it until I had time to sit down and really work on it.

This is a great feature, I like it and it'll make the forum more small screen and navigation friendly, :tup: :)!

Yes it will. You better use it when ever you get a chance to! :P

I LOVE IT!!! It loads a whole lot faster then the regular page on my phone (sidekick lx). The only problem is that you can't see anyones signatures...other than that, very excellent work :tup:

I LOVE IT!!! It loads a whole lot faster then the regular page on my phone (sidekick lx). The only problem is that you can't see anyones signatures...other than that, very excellent work :tup:

Well thats how mobile is you have to remove stuff to improve the speed of the mobile version

@Harry do u have the Mobile URL to access via Desktop?

(t-up)

There is now a link on the top of the navigation bar called "Full PC Mode". That should do it.

Just one thing. For the link to work you have to be browsing the forums using the default URL and not the mobile URL of the forums.

That's the point, to load the least possible elements so you can browse quicker. But I'm glad you like it.

Im using a Samsung Code Windows Mobile 6.1 and Internet explorer and I get FORBIDDEN You dont have permission to access /login.php on this server Additionally a 404 NOT FOUND error was encountered when trying to use an ErrorDocuments to handle the request. With SKYFYRE I can log in but then the page goes blank when I click on anything...

There is now a link on the top of the navigation bar called "Full PC Mode". That should do it.

Just one thing. For the link to work you have to be browsing the forums using the default URL and not the mobile URL of the forums.

That's the point, to load the least possible elements so you can browse quicker. But I'm glad you like it.

ok thanks I'm going to test it out now.

the pc mode button on the regular page loaded doesn't revert it back to desktop version and when i visit the photo threads the images don't display only a blue box where the image is suposed to be displayed.

Archived