B82 Limited Stop Service Implementation

BusOperator3319

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

If its true then FINALLY!!! FP & ENY will finally have a limited route

Yes Sirr this would be Fresh Ponds second Limited stop route and East New Yorks first

Found this over on Bus Chat Originally posted by Chipper 10 I did infact check out the (MTA)'s website as he suggested and there it was with the proposed Q58 Limited Stop service I wonder what took this one so long

Busoperator do you have a link or source from Chipper10 on Bus chat? That site often lists new services as fact and yet it's only 'rumors?"

And if true it's about time.

Here where the B82 should have 'limited stop' service.

weekdays 630am-9pm

Saturdays 9am-8pm

To Stillwell Terminal

All Stops to Rockaway Pwy. Station

Remsen Ave./Flatlands

Ralph/Flatlands

Utica/Flatlands

Flatbush/Flatlands

Kings Highway/Flatbush

Nostrand Ave

Ocean Ave/Ave. P

East 16th/kings highway (:)(Q) station

Coney Island Ave./Kings Highway

Ocean Pwy.

Mcdonald Ave (F) Kings Highway station

West 7th St. (N) Kings Highway station

Stillwell Ave./Kings Highway

86th St./Bay Parkway (D) station.

___Then all stops to/from* Stillwell/Coney Island.

Local B82's operate between Rockaway Pwy. station and 25th Ave/Harway.

Its about time they realized the B82 needs an LTD.

Proposed Stops:

Cropsey & Bay 38

Bay Pkwy & Bath

Bay Pkwy & 86 St

Bay Pkwy & 78 St/Kings Hwy

Kings Hwy & W7 (N)

Kings Hwy & McD Av (F)

Kings Hwy & CI Av

Kings Hwy & E15/16 (:)(Q)

Kings Hwy & Ocean Av

Kings Hwy & Nostrand

Kings Hwy & Ryder/E38 St

Flatlands & Flatbush

Flatlands & Utica

Flatlands & Ralph

Flatlands & E80/82

Flatlands & Remsen

Flatlands & E96

Glenwood Rd & Rockaway Parkway (L)

Found this over on Bus Chat Originally posted by Chipper 10 I did infact check out the (MTA)'s website as he suggested and there it was with the proposed Q58 Limited Stop service I wonder what took this one so long

I would not take what Chipper10 says as truth as he's a foamer [posts opinions without facts]. But I do support a B82 limited. That line is way too long to NOT have a limited counterpart.

Not to mention more riders tend to use the Q59 during the midday since it goes to Williamsburg and Queens Center Mall.

If that's the case, then why is there no limited-stop service between Noon and 3 on weekdays?

I stand by my opinion. I could understand if the B82 is a rush hour deal, but when you're running buses from 5 to 9 and then from 12 to 8 people are bound to wait for a Limited-Stop bus that won't ever show up.

If that's the case, then why is there no limited-stop service between Noon and 3 on weekdays?

I stand by my opinion. I could understand if the B82 is a rush hour deal, but when you're running buses from 5 to 9 and then from 12 to 8 people are bound to wait for a Limited-Stop bus that won't ever show up.

You could make that argument for any Limited-stop bus that runs both directions during rush hours (for example: the Q25, Q65, Bx41, S89, S93). People will figure out that the bus doesn't run middays.

I find it interesting that they think that there is enough demand for weekend service, but not midday service. I guess weekends, people are going out shopping and to the movies, whereas middays, a lot of the riders are at work/school.

You could make that argument for any Limited-stop bus that runs both directions during rush hours (for example: the Q25, Q65, Bx41, S89, S93). People will figure out that the bus doesn't run middays.

The thing with those routes is that there is no service outside a relatively strict rush hour period. Here, service runs way past the peaks until noon or as late as 9pm.

Oh, so the 58, finally. I still would rather have a branch of it cut across Eliot and Horace Harding.

Just like the 38 (How's that been working), I didn't think LTD would really help with all the traffic on a rather narrow street.

Oh, so the 58, finally. I still would rather have a branch of it cut across Eliot and Horace Harding.

Just like the 38 (How's that been working), I didn't think LTD would really help with all the traffic on a rather narrow street.

Maybe you just realized it. Eric this is about the B82 the South Booklyn(Kings Highway/Canarise) bus line finally getting limited stop service.

There is another topic about the Q58.

The B82 should be a limited imo all day weekdays since that line passes near at least 7 high schools and dozens of other public schools as well.

Not to mention i feel a few buses during the rush hour's should be called the B82x and not stop and make the loop at the Rockaway Pwy. (L) station.

Also a question? Will the B82 have 'shorter trip' local buses? If so, i guess it will run between Rockaway Pwy station and 25th Ave/Harway in Bensonhurst as i dont see it mention anywhere in the pdf.

Maybe you just realized it. Eric this is about the B82 the South Booklyn(Kings Highway/Canarise) bus line finally getting limited stop service.

There is another topic about the Q58.

The B82 should be a limited imo all day weekdays since that line passes near at least 7 high schools and dozens of other public schools as well.

Not to mention i feel a few buses during the rush hour's should be called the B82x and not stop and make the loop at the Rockaway Pwy. (L) station.

Also a question? Will the B82 have 'shorter trip' local buses? If so, i guess it will run between Rockaway Pwy station and 25th Ave/Harway in Bensonhurst as i dont see it mention anywhere in the pdf.

So does the B9.... Should that be a LTD too?

Archived