MLB question. Should Interleague games like Mets/Yanks come to end?

Shortline Bus

Guys a simple question from our MLB baseball fans? Should Interleague games like Mets/Yanks 'subway series' come to an end or stay for good? In recent years some 'old school' and traditionalists baseball fans want to restore the MLB schedule to the pre-1996 era of only 'intraleague' games.

Personally i do enjoy and love the Mets/Yanks matchup but imo it should limited to only one 3-game series once a year. That is unless MLB had realignment and put the Mets/Yanks in same divison. Plus it a sell out all the time and tv ratings with Mets/yanks go up as much as 30-40% over a normal regular season game. It so popular also that Fox-TV has moved Saturday's Mets/Yanks game to a prime time matchup at 7pm. Ditto for Yanks/Dodgers late in June as well.

No offense IMO but it does get boring imo if you a met fan playing the Nats 20x a year or the yanks the O's also 20x a year. Also if the NFL can have 'interleague' games for 25% or about 4 games a year on their 16-game schedule between the NFC and AFC why not MLB?

I do feel that the MLB Interleague should change and that teams in the same divison besides their 'intra city or intra region' rivarlies such as the Cubs/White Sox, Angels/Dodgers, A's/Giants, Orioles/Nats, Red Sox/phillies should play the same teams in other leagues division on rotating basis every 3 years like the NFL.

What you guys think on Mets/Yanks and Interleague as a whole? End it or make it permemnet?

Guys a simple question from our MLB baseball fans? Should Interleague games like Mets/Yanks 'subway series' come to an end or stay for good? In recent years some 'old school' and traditionalists baseball fans want to restore the MLB schedule to the pre-1996 era of only 'intraleague' games.

Personally i do enjoy and love the Mets/Yanks matchup but imo it should limited to only one 3-game series once a year. That is unless MLB had realignment and put the Mets/Yanks in same divison. Plus it a sell out all the time and tv ratings with Mets/yanks go up as much as 30-40% over a normal regular season game. It so popular also that Fox-TV has moved Saturday's Mets/Yanks game to a prime time matchup at 7pm. Ditto for Yanks/Dodgers late in June as well.

No offense IMO but it does get boring imo if you a met fan playing the Nats 20x a year or the yanks the O's also 20x a year. Also if the NFL can have 'interleague' games for 25% or about 4 games a year on their 16-game schedule between the NFC and AFC why not MLB?

I do feel that the MLB Interleague should change and that teams in the same divison besides their 'intra city or intra region' rivarlies such as the Cubs/White Sox, Angels/Dodgers, A's/Giants, Orioles/Nats, Red Sox/phillies should play the same teams in other leagues division on rotating basis every 3 years like the NFL.

What you guys think on Mets/Yanks and Interleague as a whole? End it or make it permemnet?

No keep things the way they are. Makes more yankee fan/met fan rivalry which is fun to see sometimes lol

Baseball is not the N.F.L. - never has been, never will be. That said, I'm not as strong on Interleague play as I am on the d*** second place wild card and the unfair rotation of the All-Star Game.

In New York City, we're blessed. If we wanted to see Willie Mays play, we waited to the Giants to visit Shea; Lou Brock and Bob Gibson, we waited for the Cardinals; Harmon Killerbrew, we waited for the Twins to visit The Stadium; Al Kaline, we waited for the Tigers. We also had the Mayor's Trophy Game versus the Metropolitans. There were some fun times with Mr. Steinbrenner and the Mayor's Trophy Game. And I will venture it had to be better when New York City had the Yankees and Giants and Brooklyn had the Dodgers.

I will say Interleague play is good for one team cities that rarely get to see the stars of the other league play. Rotate it fairly, alternating home games as well as divisions and it'll be good.

Why is this a seperate thread? You ask everything else regarding baseball in the MLB thread....

IL play wasn't even in the headlines, or on the forefront of any newspaper or newscast recently....

anyway, the league needs interleague baseball for it's own good....

although I wish EVERY interleague game would resort to adding the DH, instead of letting pitchers bat... regardless if the actual game is @ a NL ballpark....

That said, I'm not as strong on Interleague play as I am on the d***

*leaves thread*

True, but "Da Bums" always officially were the Brooklyn Dodgers whereas the Yankees and the Giants always officially were New York, so I give them that. The Flatbush Faithful they called the Dodgers fans.

(At least Walter O' Malley had one point: move the Dodgers to Flushing Meadow and they wouldn't be Brooklyn any more.)

Archived