R160 R train

mkoyf

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Since were on this topic,what percent of current ®'s are R160?

Last time I checked, for every R46 on the (F), there's a R160 on the (R) or something like that

I get an R160 (R) going to and from school each day. I have to admit, its getting pretty tiring now.

Well there are several ways that I can use to get home and to places around the boroughs. I live in northeastern Queens so I can either hop on the (7) at Flushing-Main Street, (R)(V) at Woodhaven Blvd Slattery Plaza, (F) at Jamaica 179 St, or (E)(J)(Z) at Jamaica Center Archer Av, take a bus up to Bronx and catch the (2)(5) at West Farms Square or (6) at Parkchester East 177 St or Pelham Bay Park. Trying exploring all different routes and detours on getting home and to school even if its a longer way around. You'll explore more and feel fresh. Thats definitely what I do if you don't mind extra time.

Almost every (R) I see is R160 these past weeks. I only see the old model as rare as seeing the old model as the (F) and I get on these two trains everyday. Maybe I see an old model once a week or so.

I knew all that fuss being made when they first ran on the R was going to wear off quickly :P But anyway, there are still a lot of R-46s on the R, more than R-160s based on what I've seen and ridden today and last week.

I believe the R is entirely R46 by assignment, although reality and assignments often differ. By assignment, the F should have two trains of R46s. For each R160 R train that you see, there is an additional R46 on the F, theoretically.

As there are a number of spares of both classes in Jamaica Yard, such is not a hard rule.

I believe the R is entirely R46 by assignment, although reality and assignments often differ. By assignment, the F should have two trains of R46s. For each R160 R train that you see, there is an additional R46 on the F, theoretically.

As there are a number of spares of both classes in Jamaica Yard, such is not a hard rule.

vv I said that same thing vv

Last time I checked, for every R46 on the (F), there's a R160 on the (R) or something like that

Way More than that, more like 8-12 trainsets.

no wayy dude. way less!! there are only 3 to 5 R160's running on the (R). Now Remember the (V) uses R160's for some reason :confused: and by the way, the (V) had 5 R160 trainsets today, and i've seen only 2 R160's on the (R).

Jamaica has 7 extra R160's to spare if the (F) uses 2 to 4 R46's.

if you would like the time slot and car assignments for today to verify my statement, i can have that for you :)

thats interesting. i still dont know why the (V) runs R160's when its getting eliminated soon... and i think ive seened you before.

They all come out of Jamaica and there's no uniformal fleet of strictly R46s or R160s (except for the (G)), so whatever comes out the yard is whatever it's assigned to, IMO.

They all come out of Jamaica and there's no uniformal fleet of strictly R46s or R160s (except for the (G)), so whatever comes out the yard is whatever it's assigned to, IMO.

ok, so explain why all of a sudden and not 6 months ago...:eek: also if thats the case u proposing then why doesnt the (E) have a share of R46's?

Archived