R160 R train

mkoyf

LOL does that shit even matter? Last time I checked, Guinness wasn't giving out any Book of World Records space for that sort of thing...

lmao this is my philosophy on it...

"Its gonna be there for a long time. F**k it, I'll catch it when I catch it" -Fresh Pond

I used that same philosophy when the NG's, LFSA's & R160's were first rolling in :P

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if somebody does it (waits late for a train) once, they instantly have no life?

People in Japan take their trains seriously.

Lots and lots of people will flood a station to take picture of a new introduction, likewise for a retiring train. Why lots of Americans think its so weird to be this into trains? :/

People in Japan take their trains seriously.

Lots and lots of people will flood a station to take picture of a new introduction, likewise for a retiring train. Why lots of Americans think its so weird to be this into trains? :/

I don't know why they think it's weird. I mean people do what they feel like doing. What's with this "social norm" stuff?

Hm, I don't know... Here in NY I would get a weird look for taking a picture of a train.. Sometimes mentioning I like trains to my friends gives me the weird/come again? look...which shuts my mouth. :/ We may see trains and other vehicles as vehicles, a method of getting to point B from A, and nothing more. I know some Americans have commented on Japan's enthusiasm of trains and how weird it is..

BTW, (on topic) I saw lots of old F trains this weekend. I was like "awesome!"

Hm, I don't know... Here in NY I would get a weird look for taking a picture of a train.. Sometimes mentioning I like trains to my friends gives me the weird/come again? look...which shuts my mouth. :/ We may see trains and other vehicles as vehicles, a method of getting to point B from A, and nothing more. I know some Americans have commented on Japan's enthusiasm of trains and how weird it is..

I get weird looks from train operators all the time while taking photos....it's something you get used to

Now if only most people would realize that everyone doesn't like loud obnoxious music, looking like a retard with their pants hanging off their butt (what seems to be this decade's "social norm") :P

I get weird looks from train operators all the time while taking photos....it's something you get used to

Now if only most people would realize that everyone doesn't like loud obnoxious music, looking like a retard with their pants hanging off their butt (what seems to be this decade's "social norm") :P

Yeah, I do feel like I'm invading the driver's privacy! Which is why I take pictures few/once in a blue moon. But I do need the pictures. I'm an artist and I do lots of train art (painting as well as comics/manga). I need reference photos of real trains since I hate to copy someone else photo. That, to me, would be copyright infringement.

Yeah, I totally agree. But it is up to the masses..

Yeah, I do feel like I'm invading the driver's privacy! Which is why I take pictures few/once in a blue moon. But I do need the pictures. I'm an artist and I do lots of train art (painting as well as comics/manga). I need reference photos of real trains since I hate to copy someone else photo. That, to me, would be copyright infringement.

Yeah, I totally agree. But it is up to the masses..

I take pictures, but I try to avoid the front so that the driver doesn't get pissed

you do train art?

I take pictures, but I try to avoid the front so that the driver doesn't get pissed

you do train art?

Hm, but the front/face of the train is where its at (at least for me).

Yes, I graduated last year so I'm not established (in galleries). My paintings focus on trains in their natural environment..realistic trains, and my comic art is more about talking trains as well as a "train turned human" series (sounds weird, xD). I would post them but I don't have the proper equipment, such as flatbed scanner and photoshop, to get them on the computer.

Hm, but the front/face of the train is where its at (at least for me).

Yes, I graduated last year so I'm not established (in galleries). My paintings focus on trains in their natural environment..realistic trains, and my comic art is more about talking trains as well as a "train turned human" series (sounds weird, xD). I would post them but I don't have the proper equipment, such as flatbed scanner and photoshop, to get them on the computer.

all you need is a camera :P

Once in a while is fine, I've been on the first R160B in revenue service on the (N) in 2006. But at least this was during the later part of the morning, so to ride it would've been fine for me [not like at 6am].

But if it's like every 'special event' - first time the Broadway lines ran on the bridge in 2001, return of the 6th Av lines on the bridge in 2004, waking up before 5am to catch the first R160 (E) from the WTC, etc. then a person has no life.

Once in a while is fine, I've been on the first R160B in revenue service on the (N) in 2006. But at least this was during the later part of the morning, so to ride it would've been fine for me [not like at 6am].

But if it's like every 'special event' - first time the Broadway lines ran on the bridge in 2001, return of the 6th Av lines on the bridge in 2004, waking up before 5am to catch the first R160 (E) from the WTC, etc. then a person has no life.

That's what I wanted to hear ;)

I like the R68 (D) and that's the one I happen to ride most. The reason? because of the front facing seats. I wish they would at least build one new train with front facing seats in the future if these trains go to rest.

Are the other trains with the brown pannels the same model? they also have front facing seats? is it on the F?

And one other thing about all the train cars in general. If you want to feel the A/C when it's turned on. Do not sit on the two ends of the car thats where the return is. And all the air is sucked out I think. The blowers are only in middle of the cars. The long strips right next to the advertisment.

The trains that have the brown panels near the doors are actually two types - the R44 ((A), Rockaway (S)) and the R46 ((A)(F)(G)(R)(V)). The R44s are the ones currently being retired.

So if somebody does it (waits late for a train) once, they instantly have no life?

He stated that they have no life if they were to wait so late for the train just because it's the first run of the (M) or the last run of the (V), just for bragging rights. So that's what separates what you said from what he was trying to imply.

Trust Me I rerember when I saw Railfans camping out to ride the last 2 sets of Redbirds at times Sq, I heard they waited from 5:00AM-8:AM and 2:30-5:30, That shit had me in the WTF mode, If you get up at 3am or 5am just to ride a goddamn R160 (M) you need help, I would understand if it was a special train or what ever but come on. You got to be serious.

Trust Me I rerember when I saw Railfans camping out to ride the last 2 sets of Redbirds at times Sq, I heard they waited from 5:00AM-8:AM and 2:30-5:30, That shit had me in the WTF mode, If you get up at 3am or 5am just to ride a goddamn R160 (M) you need help, I would understand if it was a special train or what ever but come on. You got to be serious.

IAWTP 1000%. If people stay up overnight just to ride the last squeaky piece of junk in the subway system, they need some help. (no offense to Redbird lovers)

Also, with riding the "first" so-and-so train, it's the first of thousands and thousands. There should be no rush.

IAWTP 1000%. If people stay up overnight just to ride the last squeaky piece of junk in the subway system, they need some help. (no offense to Redbird lovers)

Also, with riding the "first" so-and-so train, it's the first of thousands and thousands. There should be no rush.

I was greatful to be the 1st one to enter the R40 slant on its last day, not because I waited for it, It came out of nowhere, I rode the train longer than all the railfans put together, but I don't brag about it HELL NO , I got an R160B on the (G) in passenger service, did I wait hours for it no, It came into the station on my way home and I rode it 4 stops got my photos and went my ass home,

some railfans are just plan stupid, they brag and brag and brag, I was the 1st to do this, I was the 1st to do that, Goddamn it who gives a shit, as long you got your photos and videos STFU and go along with your day or if you didn't bring a camrea oh well you're tight.

Sometimes I wake up early, If I have nothing to do I would railfan or busfan, But not all the time I would get up at 4am just to do that, sometimes you get up and say F%^k it I am going to go out and railfan for a bit and go home later, Today I woke up at 4:30 because of the heat, I said the hell with it I went down to 179 took the (F) to the (Q) and Got the R32 (:P and that's it.

I was greatful to be the 1st one to enter the R40 slant on its last day, not because I waited for it, It came out of nowhere, I rode the train longer than all the railfans put together, but I don't brag about it HELL NO , I got an R160B on the (G) in passenger service, did I wait hours for it no, It came into the station on my way home and I rode it 4 stops got my photos and went my ass home,

some railfans are just plan stupid, they brag and brag and brag, I was the 1st to do this, I was the 1st to do that, Goddamn it who gives a shit, as long you got your photos and videos STFU and go along with your day or if you didn't bring a camrea oh well you're tight.

Sometimes I wake up early, If I have nothing to do I would railfan or busfan, But not all the time I would get up at 4am just to do that, sometimes you get up and say F%^k it I am going to go out and railfan for a bit and go home later, Today I woke up at 4:30 because of the heat, I said the hell with it I went down to 179 took the (F) to the (Q) and Got the R32 (:P and that's it.

Agreed 100% although in the case of the last R40 Slant (A) train I waited an hour for it...hey, if I never got on the train I wouldn't have met you guys so things happen for a reason.

He stated that they have no life if they were to wait so late for the train just because it's the first run of the (M) or the last run of the (V), just for bragging rights. So that's what separates what you said from what he was trying to imply.

I didn't notice that :P

What about those who took part in the Death of the <Q> Diamond Party???

:eek:

I haven't done crazy stuff for a train...well, I have waited for a favorite style of car before, but thats all..

And I don't mean this to anyone person here, just to people in general: Dude, why should it matter if people want to ride the last/first train (in that style or route)?? Its not like its going to kill or harm anyone else. If people want to honor a favorite train model in anyway, its their prerogative. Why judge, look down on someone, or say they have no life just because they want to ride a train?

I can understand the point about the bragging...bragging can get annoying, but if someone just want to enjoy the trains in their own way, why criticize them?

This is why I like Japan. Lots of people enjoy their trains...thousands of people will show up at a station and take pictures or ride a last kind of train being retired...and I mean lots of people to the point where no one can get into the station. There's so much merchandise on different lines, the company puts the customer (not money) first..there's maid cafes on a train station theme. I bet train fans/otaku are looked down less there...

Anyway, why do we (Americans or whoever) have to look down so negatively in enjoying trains...more so than just using them to get from point A to B.

What about those who took part in the Death of the <Q> Diamond Party???

Whats a Death of the <Q> Diamond party?

:eek:

I haven't done crazy stuff for a train...well, I have waited for a favorite style of car before, but thats all..

And I don't mean this to anyone person here, just to people in general: Dude, why should it matter if people want to ride the last/first train (in that style or route)?? Its not like its going to kill or harm anyone else. If people want to honor a favorite train model in anyway, its their prerogative. Why judge, look down on someone, or say they have no life just because they want to ride a train?

I can understand the point about the bragging...bragging can get annoying, but if someone just want to enjoy the trains in their own way, why criticize them?

This is why I like Japan. Lots of people enjoy their trains...thousands of people will show up at a station and take pictures or ride a last kind of train being retired...and I mean lots of people to the point where no one can get into the station. There's so much merchandise on different lines, the company puts the customer (not money) first..there's maid cafes on a train station theme. I bet train fans/otaku are looked down less there...

Anyway, why do we (Americans or whoever) have to look down so negatively in enjoying trains...more so than just using them to get from point A to B.

You make perfect sense.

I mean....who the hell cares what someone does? They do what they wanna do, you do what YOU wanna do. Stop worrying about what other people do and mind your business.

Whats a Death of the <Q> Diamond party?

When the <Q> was being discontinued in 2004 about 300 people crammed into the last two cars of the last <Q> diamond train...the last train was also a Slant. The funny thing is, a majority of those people weren't even railfans but hipsters instead.

Archived