QM1/QM1A/QM24 Redesignation

Amtrak7

Queens IS part of NYC, and has been for the past 112 years. For whatever reason, some folks still don't accept that. :D
LoL I quite often don't get people from the outer Boroughs who say im going to New York and I hit them with the reply you mean Manhattan

All the way down at the bottom of page 67, why is it talking about Stengel? If there was a change to one of my local routes, I think I would have noticed. I will let them partly off the hook, one of thier listed traffic generators got a name change.

If im not mistaken, the Q58's School trips come from Stengel.

It seems fine as it is (i.e. no separation, read the sign when the bus comes).

Apparently, that isn't enough.

A few years before the MTA takeover, a passenger complained that she wanted to meet a friend on a morning QM1/1A bus but did not know which branch the friend was riding because the destination signs showed the destination (duh!) instead of the origin. As a result of that complaint, Queens Surface pressured DOT into reprogramming the express readings with each route's origin as well as destination (e.g. "QM1 Fresh Meadows to 6 Av").

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the QM1 changes are official! Signs are all over Union Turnpike now stating that we now have the qm1-Midtown, qm5-midtown, qm6-midtown, qm7-downtown, and qm8-downtown as of June 27. I have a picture of the sign on my cell, but I have no idea how to send/post it here.

I guess they figured that they are making so many changes on Sunday anyway that they might as well confuse even more people.

Archived