Windows OR Mac?

ctrain

screw mac windows ftw !!

right now i am using a nice dual-core windows vista laptop..i could upgrade to windows 7 (they sent me the cd) but im too lazy lol

please watch this nice little video i prepared 4 years ago for more information :)

th_Untitled.jpg

Windows.

I've used every Microsoft OS ever created.

and my phone has Windows Mobile :)

and currently, my computers have a variety of Windows OSes

Including, but not limited to..... Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista, 7, 2000 ;)

Windows it the best because they don't force you to only use microsoft products. I am on my laptop with Vista, and i have a eMac. I tried to get photos off my camera using the eMac and my camera would ONLY load up when i started iPhoto.... way to force someone to use your products Macrap

I rather use Windows because my camera loads up under "My Computer" and not ONLY on Windows Photo Gallery

They have there ups and downs. It all depends on your needs, although I am a Windows fan. ;)

As to what I have, I have Windows 7 with a nice quad core :)

Exactly. Macs are usually used by proffesional use while Windows are usually used for simple home users. I have Windows XP. Windows has tons of more compatible games that Macs does not. For instance, Trainz Simulator is compatible with Windows but not with Mac. Also, I hate the touchpads on the Mac laptops.

Mac

My post from another site:

I like Apple because their products are very sleek and top of the line, they're also built to last (minus the iPods). My 2G iPod touch is the best MP3 player I've ever owned, its also the best portable gaming device I've ever owned, super PDA, internet device, etc. I'm actually looking into getting the next iPhone. I also like playing with the various gadgets in the Apple Store, I really like the iPad but I'll wait a generation or two, I don't want to be an "early adopter" again.

I don't really have a problem with PC's but we've had 4 so far:

#1: 2002 Dell Desktop (Windows XP), lasted about 3 years and then got a virus which ruined it.

#2: 2006 Dell Desktop (Windows XP), lasted about 1.5 years then the whole thing failed, serious hardware defect that Dell never recalled so we got our next one for free.

#3: 2008 Dell Desktop (Windows Vista), still kicking but has a virus.

#4: 2009 Vaio Laptop (Windows Vista), Very sleek but Windows wasn't installed properly so its had multiple issues from early on, I personally think its fixable by having Windows reinstalled but we have no Windows CD so idk, I'm typing from it right now.

So throughout our family's computer history all computers have had issues, they were all PC's. Now I'm not saying Macs last forever but I'd bet they're way better than these. Our next computer will most definitely be a Mac (2010 hopefully).

Every PC we had = FAIL

Even though we never had a Mac it has to be better than this. The only thing is certain games don't run with Mac OS X.

Mac

My post from another site:

Every PC we had = FAIL

Even though we never had a Mac it has to be better than this. The only thing is certain games don't run with Mac OS X.

You must have bad luck when it comes to PC's. My Windows desktop lasted from 2002 - 2008. It probaly woud have carried on if I hadn't experimented with it!

It depends really,if you like editing video or do photo shop go with a Mac, if you like PC Games and watch Videos go with a PC.

Thats and old weak claim. Maybe it applied when Mac had better software and video cards that PCS didnt like in the 80s... PCs can do video editing and Photoshop better than a mac these days..

Why is this even a thread? This was posted already a few months ago and it just leads down the same road of flame wars...

Exactly. Macs are usually used by proffesional use while Windows are usually used for simple home users.

Nah Macs are used by Brand loyal steve jobs ass kissing panzees... Steve Jobs is pathetic how he controls everything and makes everything proprietary and is out of control with his restrictions he puts on all of his Apple products. Hes a Nazi. Apples version of Adolf Hitler

Both. I use Final Cut Pro (on Apple) for editing, and have a prefrence for Windows. That and and the whole SWAT team thing.

If anything, it's the MacTards and the Windows Fanboys that cause all these fights. They're friggin' computers. Go outside already.

Nah Macs are used by Brand loyal steve jobs ass kissing panzees... Steve Jobs is pathetic how he controls everything and makes everything proprietary and is out of control with his restrictions he puts on all of his Apple products. Hes a Nazi. Apples version of Adolf Hitler

100% TRUTH

Windows allows you the freedom to basically do whatever the hell u want with your computer. thats why windows can be used for so many applications and fields the possibilities are endless.

You cant even customize the color of the windows on your mac.

If anything, it's the MacTards and the Windows Fanboys that cause all these fights. They're friggin' computers. Go outside already.

I know ;)

It's like they have nothing to do

Use whatever suits your needs the best. That said, my desktop is a Mac running Mac OS and my laptop is a Dell running XP. My home server is a Power Mac running Linux.

However, as for the argument that "Macs are proprietary"...that was a valid argument 15 years ago. It became less valid as they moved from NuBus to PCI(-X) and with current models utilizing x86-64 hardware...it's completely fallacious.

However, as for the argument that "Macs are proprietary"...that was a valid argument 15 years ago. It became less valid as they moved from NuBus to PCI(-X) and with current models utilizing x86-64 hardware...it's completely fallacious.

Not completely true...........

you still need drivers that are compatible w/ the Mac OS

Exactly. Macs are usually used by proffesional use while Windows are usually used for simple home users.

Sorry sir but from my work experience I severely have to disagree. I've been to countless firms as a technician that run on a windows based system. It's not just for home users.

People are sayin Win vs. Mac. But wheres Tux? LINUX/Ubuntu???

I personally prefer Windows, Mac is tooooo costly anyways. But idc anyways.

Although Windows 7 is like a Vista R2, i just hope Windows 8 GUI is better. It ill be more Touch friendly.

Archived