Windows OR Mac?

ctrain

People are sayin Win vs. Mac. But wheres Tux? LINUX/Ubuntu???

I personally prefer Windows, Mac is tooooo costly anyways. But idc anyways.

Although Windows 7 is like a Vista R2, i just hope Windows 8 GUI is better. It ill be more Touch friendly.

Well.....

I recognize the wide selection of Linux OSes, but they just aren't heard of enough

Nah Macs are used by Brand loyal steve jobs ass kissing panzees... Steve Jobs is pathetic how he controls everything and makes everything proprietary and is out of control with his restrictions he puts on all of his Apple products. Hes a Nazi. Apples version of Adolf Hitler
True.And Always brainwash peopleto constantly upgrade.every Ipod and Iphone that come out people flock to get it and they may have just purchased one just a few months ago.Now watch when the new Iphone 4G arrives.BTW windows fan right here.:)

Nah Macs are used by Brand loyal steve jobs ass kissing panzees... Steve Jobs is pathetic how he controls everything and makes everything proprietary and is out of control with his restrictions he puts on all of his Apple products. Hes a Nazi. Apples version of Adolf Hitler

How's this any different from the hardcore Windows rulz, Mac Sux brand loyal Bill Gates ass kissing panzees? Everybody has a preferred platform. And that nazi is making money so whatever he's doing is working and the people love it. Btw I'm a windows user myself but curious about mac.

I work on Macs and find them to be more suffient than PCs. The Adobe programs I use work better on Macs as they're designed for them, and I've rarely encountered problems with them compared to the PC I used to have (my PC hiccuped quite a bit and quit on me many times before it went kaput in 2005.) The Mac I'm using is over seven years old, and it's holding up very well for its age. But as the systems upgrade, my Mac gets a tad slower, so I may have to get a new one eventually.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about either pc or mac...so I do wish there were more reasons written here to go with one or the other.

I don't like any of Windows after XP because they seem to be copying off of Mac... They aren't original to just come up with their own ideas.

I do like Windows though because I can equalize sound and get into the computer (not only do stuff on a surface level).

I have a 4 yr old dell XP computer (laptop) now. The wireless and disk drive is broken and its majorly slow. People say I should get a new one but I don't want give up my "first born child."

I'm thinking about either pc or mac...so I do wish there were more reasons written here to go with one or the other.

I don't like any of Windows after XP because they seem to be copying off of Mac... They aren't original to just come up with their own ideas.

I do like Windows though because I can equalize sound and get into the computer (not only do stuff on a surface level).

I have a 4 yr old dell XP computer (laptop) now. The wireless and disk drive is broken and its majorly slow. People say I should get a new one but I don't want give up my "first born child."

Now I ain't sayin she a gravedigger! But she be diggin' up them old (need a good work that rhymes here fellas)

J/K

Anyway you don't have to give it up. You can place it on the shelf keep nice and clean and treat it like an artifact. But if you want something that works I might suggest going with HP/Toshiba.

With a Mac, you can buy the parallel desktop program so Windows can be installed onto it and you can run both XP/Vista/7 and Snow Leopard. I don't think there are any parallel programs available for Windows' software to allow that, or at least legally.

You can do anything on windows and way more things are compatible. I can have virtual monkeys juggling my icons on my desktop and I can run any game. lol. I don't have much Mac experience but I have an Ipod Touch on 3.1.3 and it was the most strictest, closed off device I ever used. You can't customize anything and you can only install Apple approved stuff from the App Store and there is NO FLASH! So I jailbroke it and I can do anything on my ipod touch including playing flash videos.

With a Mac, you can buy the parallel desktop program so Windows can be installed onto it and you can run both XP/Vista/7 and Snow Leopard. I don't think there are any parallel programs available for Windows' software to allow that, or at least legally.

There are ways but its illegal even if you buy a legit Mac OS. Its also another example how Steve Jobs restricts everything. Microsoft allows their OS on Mac computers but if you want to run Mac on a Windows comp, Apple made it against the terms of use.

I'm actually looking for a new computer soon and I'm looking at a dell xps or the imac 27, never used a mac before but that computer seems like its the shit, any suggestions?

Once you go Mac, you won't go back :o;)

Anyway you don't have to give it up. You can place it on the shelf keep nice and clean and treat it like an artifact. But if you want something that works I might suggest going with HP/Toshiba.

Hell to the no for Toshiba. I've owned one for 1.5 years. The software is perfectly fine but the hardware isn't. The fan placement isn't exactly amazing so my computer overheated frequently (and I wasn't blocking the fan or the hard drive by putting it on the bed or something like that either - always in my lap not obstructing the fan/HDD space). That thing got HOT anyway. I'm using a Dell laptop that was lying around right now, after I switched laptops, and so far so good.

I think the problem is user error ;)

Lol how? I don't do the modifications, overclocking and themes and stuff. Just games, internet, music, etc.

Maybe Ctrl + Alt + Del is the problem since that's one of the most "techy" things I've done. :o

Mac ftw.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3c/IBM_Personal_Computer_XT_front.jpg

V.S.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_99VPYzO1BUY/Sz5-08JI6FI/AAAAAAAAAgw/5VvLM8P8K_U/s400/Apple+imac+new.jpg

Note: It's a joke ;)

Windows. I have a 2009 Dell Studio 540S or 54S (IDK which) with vista. I love it. I make ALL bus models from it and using paint, I learned how. With A mac I can't do that.

You can use photoshop on Mac. And its laid out in a more user friendly way. Alot of art professionals tend to use Mac.

Now I ain't sayin she a gravedigger! But she be diggin' up them old (need a good work that rhymes here fellas)

J/K

I'll never get HP in a million years. I know two friends who's HP computers crapped out on them within the first year. One even had to work from DOS until it was fixed!

No. Way.

You can do anything on windows and way more things are compatible. I can have virtual monkeys juggling my icons on my desktop and I can run any game. lol. I don't have much Mac experience but I have an Ipod Touch on 3.1.3 and it was the most strictest, closed off device I ever used. You can't customize anything and you can only install Apple approved stuff from the App Store and there is NO FLASH! So I jailbroke it and I can do anything on my ipod touch including playing flash videos.

Those fancy arrows and stuff slow your computer. I think some of the download sites give virus and trojans with the download..

Archived