Windows OR Mac?

ctrain

You can use photoshop on Mac. And its laid out in a more user friendly way. Alot of art professionals tend to use Mac.

They have no excuse ;)

I'll never get HP in a million years. I know two friends who's HP computers crapped out on them within the first year. One even had to work from DOS until it was fixed! No. Way.

I bet it was because of the person behind the keyboard effing around with system files.

Those fancy arrows and stuff slow your computer. I think some of the download sites give virus and trojans with the download..

Who needs fancy arrows? The Windows default does fine :)

They have no excuse :)

I bet it was because of the person behind the keyboard effing around with system files.

Who needs fancy arrows? The Windows default does fine :P

They have no excuse? what do you mean?

The kid said his operating system crashed... I'm not sure if he was messing with it.. He downloads alot (has 1T external hard drive in music and anime) and said it just crashed on him. When my roommate's computer started acting up...I figured the HP brand is crappy. She's not the type to mess with stuff she's not suppose to.

They have no excuse? what do you mean?

The kid said his operating system crashed... I'm not sure if he was messing with it.. He downloads alot (has 1T external hard drive in music and anime) and said it just crashed on him. When my roommate's computer started acting up...I figured the HP brand is crappy. She's not the type to mess with stuff she's not suppose to.

Downloads. Perfect OS killer. Perhaps a downloaded virus? I've had HP computers for years. One is 11 years old already with it's original hard drive, it still works.

Hey rr, didn't you say anyway that the HP dv9000 series were prone for errors???

Yeah, but what was described wasn't the typical dv9000 symptoms (I'm surprised you remembered what I said :))

I use Windows. I'm typing this on an XP desktop from 2003. It's slow, it's got bugs, but it still works (for now). I also have a two year old Vaio laptop, it's starting to get a little slow, and I just purchased an HP Mini with Verizon Wireless Internet. Holy crap, talk about buyer's remorse!:cry: I rarely make bad purchases, but the Mini was definitely one of them.

My mother has an Apple and swears by it. I've tried it, don't like it.

and I just purchased an HP Mini with Verizon Wireless Internet. Holy crap, talk about buyer's remorse!:cry: I rarely make bad purchases, but the Mini was definitely one of them.

That has GOTTA suck. The HP Mini, and all other netbooks, are the slowest pieces of crap in today's existence.

That has GOTTA suck. The HP Mini, and all other netbooks, are the slowest pieces of crap in today's existence.

It's beyond "gotta suck" status; I'm stuck in a two year contract with Verizon as a result. I'm considering taking the steep cancellation fee hit and starting anew. All I wanted to do was have a new laptop in French (my adopted language) and have à la carte wireless access (if it even exists). Instead, I get a piece of crap that has no foreign language capabilities other than switching the keyboard layout. %$#@&!!

Live and learn, right?

BTW, can I buy a brand new Windows computer here in New York and set it for French? Or do I have to buy it in a locale that uses that particular language (ex. Montreal)?

It's beyond "gotta suck" status; I'm stuck in a two year contract with Verizon as a result. I'm considering taking the steep cancellation fee hit and starting anew. All I wanted to do was have a new laptop in French (my adopted language) and have à la carte wireless access (if it even exists). Instead, I get a piece of crap that has no foreign language capabilities other than switching the keyboard layout. %$#@&!!

Live and learn, right?

BTW, can I buy a brand new Windows computer here in New York and set it for French? Or do I have to buy it in a locale that uses that particular language (ex. Montreal)?

:eek: A 2 Year contract!? ouch, that just makes the pain worse. Kinda reminds me of the $200-a-month entrapment of a phone bill :)

Yes, you can just buy a regular computer and change the language on it.

:eek: A 2 Year contract!? ouch, that just makes the pain worse. Kinda reminds me of the $200-a-month entrapment of a phone bill ^_^

Yes, you can just buy a regular computer and change the language on it.

Thank you, rr. Fortunately the mini cost next to nothing, it's that two year contract that's kicking my azz. I'm not sure if I'll keep the service and download the VZ Manager into a new laptop, or just buy the computer and discontinue the wireless internet. Still pondering.

Overall MAC is superior to Windows IMO, but I have XP on my desktop, and 7 on my laptop. I love 7, but I absolutely hate Windows. My Blackberry OS is faster at times! I'm just stuck with it for software compatibility. My next move will be a MAC with VM Ware, so I can run windows programs.

Thank you, rr. Fortunately the mini cost next to nothing, it's that two year contract that's kicking my azz. I'm not sure if I'll keep the service and download the VZ Manager into a new laptop, or just buy the computer and discontinue the wireless internet. Still pondering.

Is it because your HP Mini came with windows starter? I bought my wife a HP Mini and it came with windows started which is extremely limited. I may reformat it and install xp.

Downloads. Perfect OS killer. Perhaps a downloaded virus? I've had HP computers for years. One is 11 years old already with it's original hard drive, it still works.

Yeah, but what was described wasn't the typical dv9000 symptoms (I'm surprised you remembered what I said ^_^)

I'm a download junky. I needed to spend a $100 bucks just to get an external drive to hold everything. My computer's hard drive is maxed out. How can you do it with an 11 yr old hard drive?? It probably has like 10 or 20 GB at the most!

I use Windows. I'm typing this on an XP desktop from 2003. It's slow, it's got bugs, but it still works (for now). I also have a two year old Vaio laptop, it's starting to get a little slow, and I just purchased an HP Mini with Verizon Wireless Internet. Holy crap, talk about buyer's remorse!:cry: I rarely make bad purchases, but the Mini was definitely one of them.

My mother has an Apple and swears by it. I've tried it, don't like it.

I love XP! Its simple and cuts straight to the point without fancy design or anything. I refuse to put newer Windows on my computer becaused they all look like Mac wanabes and trying to be all fancy and stuff. Fancy complicates things. I think they are better just being theirselves and not following what others are doing.

I'm a download junky. I needed to spend a $100 bucks just to get an external drive to hold everything. My computer's hard drive is maxed out. How can you do it with an 11 yr old hard drive?? It probably has like 10 or 20 GB at the most!

I spent $100 on an external hard drive just to have the USB pin break rendering the external enclosure useless so I go and buy a SECOND one for $100 just to have it fail, now I'm waiting for the company to replace it.

And no, the 11 yr old hard drive is 6 GB. I have an 18 yr old drive racking in at 212 MB and another one at a staggering 40MB ^_^

Oh, and I have a Macintosh 512K B)

I've had a 60GB HD for 4 years and its not even half full yet!

Anyways sure Vista's themes are sweet to the eye but you better not have a Celeron chip to go with it! Also, does anyone have Intels i7 chip? How is it?

The i7 is just a Core 2 Quad with a few extra perks

The i7 is just a Core 2 Quad with a few extra perks

Oh, it is more then that, the new architecture provides an increase in performance in games that would never be reached even if you overclock the Core 2 Quad. I would build an i7 machine if I had the money, but I am good with my Q9450 at the moment.

Oh, it is more then that, the new architecture provides an increase in performance in games that would never be reached even if you overclock the Core 2 Quad. I would build an i7 machine if I had the money, but I am good with my Q9450 at the moment.

Like I said, a few extra perks. (on-processor memory controller, on-processor graphics processing, etc.)

I just bought a Core 2 Quad Q9550 and I aint upgradin' :)

Archived