Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East New York

R151 Rumor Thread

I've learned a lot about trains, thanks again, and thanks in advance to all the members of NYCTF.

So here is a subject I want to stat a convo on. While on a TS thread, I saw mention of an R151 train being developed for the (7) line. Anyone else heard anything about this???

I just heard all R-142S that run on the (4) will be sent to the (7) when extra B cars are delivered. An R-151 though? Sounds fun.<Sarcasm Now more rumors to spread around.

I just heard all R-142S that run on the (4) will be sent to the (7) when extra B cars are delivered. An R-151 though? Sounds fun.<Sarcasm Now more rumors to spread around.

Yeah, I also heard the 142's will be going to the (7), but the 151's are to follow.

Yeah, I also heard the 142's will be going to the (7), but the 151's are to follow.
I heard that there is going to be new R142 built just for the 7 line. It is too early to determine was in fact is happening so we just have to wait. I'll ask my brother if hes heard anything, being that he is in CBTC training right now.

I've learned a lot about trains, thanks again, and thanks in advance to all the members of NYCTF.

So here is a subject I want to stat a convo on. While on a TS thread, I saw mention of an R151 train being developed for the (7) line. Anyone else heard anything about this???

wow, more foamer stories...

i highly doubt there will be a R151 as well, just like i doubt there will ever be a R179 as well

besides why would they use 151, their already up to #160, so wouldn't that mean 151 is already used for something?

wow, more foamer stories...

i highly doubt there will be a R151 as well, just like i doubt there will ever be a R179 as well

besides why would they use 151, their already up to #160, so wouldn't that mean 151 is already used for something?

Thats exactly what i was thinking, but supposedly they are developing some new train to run alonside the 142's on the (7) line.

It cant be called the R151.Because the R151 number is already used.There is no blueprint for an "R151" there is no such thing.The A div wont get new cars for a while.

It cant be called the R151.Because the R151 number is already used.There is no blueprint for an "R151" there is no such thing.The A div wont get new cars for a while.

What is the R151 currenty in use?

What is the R151 currenty in use?

Its probaly some type of work train car or something.The MTA woundt go backwards with cars numbers.It will be higher than R161.

None of us here can state YES or NO to anything. The Transit Authority has the power to rename or do whatever their heart desires for them. Hell they can call the R151 'The S.S. Poseidon' if they want. As Transit Enthusiasts, we can only assume on what they want to do, NOT directly say YES or NO.

That page says that the new cars.For the (7) line will be called the R164.

They even have the R179 on there LOL.

Yet, on the page the R164 isn't mention that its for the (7) even though the idea of the cars being for the (7) can be implemented. Just states funding for an option order. Remember, there are other non-R142 lines out there.....

But the R62/As are only about 20 something years old now. But they could pull a PATH and replace cars that only 20-21 years old with new cars.....

Ok now this is BS we have no new Subway cars being built for the IRT. If anything R142S.

Uh.... I think thats why it's a "RUMOR THREAD"

Right and all I'm saying is the R151 is made up unlike the R179 which is on the drawing board. Now with that said they may have to order new cars for the (7) since I don't think the R 142's can operate in CBTC.

Ok now this is BS we have no new Subway cars being built for the IRT. If anything R142S.

So this fantasy car is baseless and holds zero truth to it at all. End of discussion.

So this fantasy car is baseless and holds zero truth to it at all. End of discussion.

Once again, thats why it is a rumor thread!

Once again, thats why it is a rumor thread!

Well he's kinda right. If this car model is totally made up, which sounds like it is, then its silly to sit here and speculate about it. At least the R179 was confirmed to some extent.

Well he's kinda right. If this car model is totally made up, which sounds like it is, then its silly to sit here and speculate about it. At least the R179 was confirmed to some extent.

True, I was thinking the same thing, but it came from a guy who is a T/O, so I thought I would step outside my bounderies of the busses, and see if anyone else had heard about it. Since I know basicly nothing about trains other than what i've learned here.

Does anybody know if new R142S For the (7) line.Will be built to diffent specs?Since the MTA is having a lot of problems with the current R142/As.And will it have a FIND?

You know I just realized. If R142s had motors on their third car in every 5-car set, you wouldn't hate them nearly as much as that would mean that they wouldn't be in 207th Street Yard all the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.