Super Express to Pelham Bay

Fresh Pond

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Ok, I caught the 2nd (6) train going to Pelham Bay of the weekend G.O. What they are doing is making all (6) trains go express from Hunts Pt Av to Pelham Bay (yes, using the middle track).

What had happened was when the train got to 3 Av-138 St, the train in front of us at Cypress Av went BIE (about 8 cars out the station), so they made my train go express from 3 Av to Hunts Pt. Now cuz of the G.O I mentioned, it basically went as a <6> super express from 3 Av to Pelham Bay (I know some of you dreamed of that lol). No pictures since I was underground

I took that ride once. The operator on my (6) train hauled some ass in that express stretch. That's how an express ride should be.

Every operator should haul ass especially with an R142A! Shit all IRT cars haul ass the the ones most are the Kawasaki 62's & R142A's!! Ride the (3) from 96 to 72nd and the (4) Brooklyn Br to 14 St-N/B 125-86 S/b

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

you mean Ride the (3) from 96th st to 42nd st in both directions that haul ass.

R-142As kick some serious butt, on the (4)(6). I feel like they are faster than the R-142s on the (2)(4)(5). The (6) rides feel faster than the (4)(5) for some reason too, especially going uptown hehe.

The (6) may feel faster b\c they're using R142A's but on Lex R142's & R142A's beat the (6) anyday btwn every exp run you hit at least 40-45mph especially btwn Bklyn Br to 14th & 59-42nd,125th to 86th!

The (6) may feel faster b\c they're using R142A's but on Lex R142's & R142A's beat the (6) anyday btwn every exp run you hit at least 40-45mph especially btwn Bklyn Br to 14th & 59-42nd,125th to 86th!

Well that's true, the (4)(5) do beat the (6). I think the best part of the race along Lex is the R142As on both the (4) and (6) and the (4) speeding on the express runs. I saw it hit 50mph in some stretches too.

you mean Ride the (3) from 96th st to 42nd st in both directions that haul ass.

The ride is actually faster going downtown I think. There's a timer after 66 and 86 going uptown. Plus some of the T/Os I guess get timid. Because I haven't had a seriously good ride along 7th ave for months till last night. The track work seems to make a huge difference.

I took that ride once. The operator on my (6) train hauled some ass in that express stretch. That's how an express ride should be.

It was, but he slowed down around the train that went BIE in case someone was on the track. Plus around the Westchester Yard area, there was another slowdown

Umm..they did this G.O for the (6) two weekends ago.(Construction)

They did?

Ok, I caught the 2nd (6) train going to Pelham Bay of the weekend G.O. What they are doing is making all (6) trains go express from Hunts Pt Av to Pelham Bay (yes, using the middle track).

What had happened was when the train got to 3 Av-138 St, the train in front of us at Cypress Av went BIE (about 8 cars out the station), so they made my train go express from 3 Av to Hunts Pt. Now cuz of the G.O I mentioned, it basically went as a <6> super express from 3 Av to Pelham Bay (I know some of you dreamed of that lol). No pictures since I was underground

Yeah but still, the ride was slow through the planned G.O.

It was understandable through the work zone, but once cleared that area, the train still crawled all the way to Pelham. Worse (6) ride I have ever had on the middle track.

Archived