Most TV weathercasters predict very hot summer 2010 for NYC and entire Northeast US

Shortline Bus

Just looking around the online versions of what the weather will be like for summer 2010.

Most of the TV weathercasters including from the Weather Channel to regional ones in the NYC Metro area and Phildelphia who did make a long term 3-4 month 'guess' have come to same conclusion. Almost all of them, predict this year's middle months from June-August will be among the hottest in many many years for the entire Northeast and Mid Atlantic US:eek:. The Highlight is what some in the weather field predict, two long term 'heat waves' for both June and July of as long as 7-10 days that may have cities like Washington, Philly and NYC hitting 100 degrees or higher at least twice this summer.

If you don't believe me, here one from Kathy Orr the senior Weathercaster at KYW-TV the CBS station in Philly. I try to find the video links for the others who also predicted as soon as i can.

It's also a fact in most years after an 'el nina' winter that set records for snow fall especially the Mid Atlantic region from Virgina-New Jersey, the following summer are also at or near record breaking temps.

What you guys think?

http://cbs3.com/video/?cid=5

Bring it on I say! Us New Yorkers can tolerate anything. We have had mini heatwaves before in the upper 90's to around 100. That having been said I haven't used an air conditioner at home in several years. I have built up a heat tolerance, I just use fans, yeah I know it's blowing hot air but I drink plenty of ice cold water, so I sweat big deal.

Worst part is trying to sleep at night in hot humid weather, have to change the pillowcase and sheets because they are all soaked in sweat. In a way it builds character if you think about it. Life isn't easy and life isn't always comfortable.

I only wish to go a week without hearing the phrase "climate change".

Mr. Wilson if this prediction comes true, of a brutally hot summer besides stating it 'too hot' that phrase 'cliamte change' will be in every other sentence used by reporters.

:eek:

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

hey bring on the heat as long the generators don't blow out like 2003 heat wave that caused a black out.

in that case imma drink lots of water and stay in buildings with a/c.

Most TV weathercasters predict very hot summer 2010 for NYC and entire Northeast US

yeah... they're basing it all off "global warming"...

I'll believe it when I start seeing 150+ degree weathers... or even to the tune where an influx of people are running to hospitals in droves to get treated for 1st degree burns as soon as they step foot outside in the summertime....

otherwise, I refuse to believe such garbage... such rubbish... such bullshit....

Slightly off-topic (sorry). Phoenix officially reached 100 degrees at 12:53 pm Friday May 21 then was 101 degrees at 2:00 pm. At 3:25 am Phoenix was 79 degrees this morning.

A surprise cool down saw us at 93 degrees today and the next three days look nice - maybe 83 degrees tomorrow, 81 degrees Monday and 88 degrees on Tuesday before returning to 95 degrees on Wednesday.

I don't want another blackout.

Heh, speaking of mains power...before we had a voltage sag here for about a second, then right after KABOOM! goes a transformer. They don't make transformers the way they used to though... :(

(just ask General Electric all about those magic chemicals)

Yeah but the idea is we might see record breaking temperatures. And I believe it because we had the winter of the decade, IMO.

Tell me about it...TWO snow days in ONE month! I enjoyed those days without a doubt...the first snow day gave me a total of nine days off from school instead of seven...those two extra days helped me out!

Yeah but the idea is we might see record breaking temperatures. And I believe it because we had the winter of the decade, IMO.

I remember them saying that last year, while the summer was hot, we didnt break hit and record breaking temps.

I only wish to go a week without hearing the phrase "climate change".

Then go buy a compact fluorescent lightbulb.

Because I can't even begin to imagine the strain a hot summer will put on our electric systems. Everyone's going to be running their air conditioners to the point where their rooms become the North Pole. This isn't even about climate change anymore, it's about conservation so we don't use up our resources and blow out the power grid.

Archived