Most TV weathercasters predict very hot summer 2010 for NYC and entire Northeast US

Shortline Bus

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

lets just say its going to be black out NYC 2010! what a catchy phrase that will be.

Ready Metro NYC for maybe your 1st 90 degree today for 2010 summer season? While in Chicago and Minnesota the same tropic system has brought much earlier than usually heat to start the hot weather. Here clip from MSNBC as an anchor talks to the Weathercaster at the local NBC station in Minneapolis.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35264433#37320222

Not to get to off topic but for Wed. May 26 temps in NYC/Central Park is predicted to hit 90 degrees.:)

It was brutal last night, there was no breeze, the humidity was low but the heat index was around 95 degrees at 10:00pm. I looked at the Gothamist newsmap and there were numerous stabbings and shootings overnight, no surprise there. I was like a zombie yesterday....:confused:

It was brutal last night, there was no breeze, the humidity was low but the heat index was around 95 degrees at 10:00pm. I looked at the Gothamist newsmap and there were numerous stabbings and shootings overnight, no surprise there. I was like a zombie yesterday....:confused:

Up here in snow country woops i forgot it's almost summer now lol couple of local schools here in Mid Hudson Valley closed early due to the very hot temps in the classrooms.:)

Then go buy a compact fluorescent lightbulb.

Because I can't even begin to imagine the strain a hot summer will put on our electric systems. Everyone's going to be running their air conditioners to the point where their rooms become the North Pole. This isn't even about climate change anymore, it's about conservation so we don't use up our resources and blow out the power grid.

BLACKOUT 2003! :)

Big deal, the media is just oversensationalising again. It's just looking for some article to write about. I'm not saying it's a bunch of bull that they're spreading around. But if this news, for whatever reason, becomes "evidence" (acknowledge the usage of the quotes) for global warming, then I'd say that's taking it too far.

I do have to say there are constant fluctuations in the weather and we had extreme highs and lows. They happen all the time. We saw decades ago that temperatures were at extremes.

• 1 month later...

For June I've recorded 15 days above 90 so far. Last year I may have recorded 1 or 2 (maybe even 0).

JFK is nearing 100 degrees as we speak, it already broke a record I think.

Let's hope it stays this nice.

a/c.
b\c

A b/c is just a downgraded a/c

For June I've recorded 15 days above 90 so far. Last year I may have recorded 1 or 2 (maybe even 0).

JFK is nearing 100 degrees as we speak, it already broke a record I think.

Let's hope it stays this nice.

No. I hate the heat. It feels like I'm walking in an oven. The heat may be good to you, but some people's rooms do not have air conditioning, and there isn't any wind blowing. That equals a very hot room. Bring back the winter

Hey guys, I have an outside temp guage in my rig and this is what it read today in queens on the L.I.E;

temp.jpg

Boy was it F'n hot today, God Bless air conditioning lol.

101 degrees? I believe it.

Well guys this is the last day (6/29/10) of this mini heat wave w/ temps in NYC Central Park supposed to hit at least 90. Then another set of 90-plus degree days is then suppose to start again in few days by July 4th or so.

Hope everyone is comfortable in this hot start to summer 2010.:eek::)

A b/c is just a downgraded a/c

No. I hate the heat. It feels like I'm walking in an oven. The heat may be good to you, but some people's rooms do not have air conditioning, and there isn't any wind blowing. That equals a very hot room. Bring back the winter

Lol I'm in the same situation as that, there's no breeze and no/little A/C. The house's thermometer hovered around 89-93 on many nights in May and June, so we slept through 90 degree weather multiple times. That acclimated me a bit too much so it doesn't bother me, plus I'm a Summer person so I just love heat. We have A/C in only 2 rooms, a few weeks ago none worked though. Winter sucks lol (Fall is worse IMO).

Bring on the heat. :cool:

I have had enough of the humidity and heat that we've had lately. But I'm glad that I only have to worry about the weather here until July 9th (because that's when I head off to visit my family in Poland for the summer). The summer climate there is so much cooler there, as well as far less humid. Even if it does get too hot once or twice a month there, a storm always materializes not long afterwards, which cools everything down (unlike this damned hellhole, where you can fry eggs on the sidewalk at the end of July). Of course, I'd hate to be there in winter, because in eastern Poland, winter starts in late November, and doesn't end until late March (I like snow, but can you imagine what a PITA such a winter must be?).

Lol I'm in the same situation as that, there's no breeze and no/little A/C. The house's thermometer hovered around 89-93 on many nights in May and June, so we slept through 90 degree weather multiple times. That acclimated me a bit too much so it doesn't bother me, plus I'm a Summer person so I just love heat. We have A/C in only 2 rooms, a few weeks ago none worked though. Winter sucks lol (Fall is worse IMO).

Bring on the heat. :cool:

Lol. Few words for you: You're crazy :)

I'm the opposite, I love the cold [as long as there's no snow to shovel]. Humidity kills me. It can be 80* and humid and i'm sweating like a river. But if it's dry out and 90*+ [like when i was in Vegas], and i'm fine.

=

As for 'climate change' I believe that's a load of shit. But I don't mind energy efficient stuff if it means savings over the long term. Otherwise I don't do it because I must 'reduce my carbon footprint'. It's just a scam to buy into the 'green initiative'.

• 3 weeks later...

Hot enough for you. Yesterday Saturday 7/24/10 NYC's Central Park hit 97 degrees smashing another record high temp for the day. So far as of 7/24/10, Central Park has had 20 days of at least 90 (two days already hit 100 or more)and another 90 degree day is almost certain. While Newark Airport and other towns in Northern NJ hit the century mark again.

This July is now ranked in top 10 & Climbing according all time among hottest months ever on record according to national weather service.

So reactions to this crazy weather year of 2010 in Northeast USA which frankly has to be rank in top 2-3 news stories of the year from the blizzards in Feb. to now?:eek:

Archived