The Summer 2010 Thread

Forest Glen

There's been so much negativity at NYCTF recently that I wanted to start a feel-good thread. Memorial Day weekend begins on Friday. That marks the unofficial start of summer. Luna Park in Coney Island opens on Saturday the 29th. In this thread feel free to discuss your plans for Memorial Day weekend, July 4th, and the rest of the summer.

I hope that I get accepted into SYEP again. If I do, it will be my 4th time in a row. I also plan get work on getting my drivers license and hopeful start college in the fall.

hopefully they'll take me in too this be my 3rd year if they do

too bad SYEP is capped tho lol but still $1000 aint bad

Since I'll finally be out of school starting next week on Monday I'll be looking for work during the summer as well as when I start school. I hope I can land a job at the Zumiez at the SI Mall; I handed in my application to the store manager yesterday so let's see what happens!

way I see it, women have the fall, spring & winter seasons for dressing conservatively...

diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, bro....

o_O who said anything about conservative dressing? I've seen enough coats and jackets. I'm just a sucker for apple bottom short jeans and belly shirts (minus the belly)

Ahhhh, the summer. My Facebook news feed will be inundated with photos of everyones' irresponsible adventures. More shit that I have no desire to see or take part in.

As for Memorial Day weekend...hopefully i'll be spending a few days under my favorite subway car: R9 1689. :(

o_O who said anything about conservative dressing? I've seen enough coats and jackets. I'm just a sucker for apple bottom short jeans and belly shirts (minus the belly)

coats/jackets are the extreme of a conservatively dressed woman... a broad can come out in a pair of jeans & a long shirt & still be considered dressed conservative....

I got what you were sayin.... that's why I said different strokes for yall folks...

eh, I only worry about a woman leaving an imagination, so to speak, if I'm tryna get to know her on a certain level....

otherwise, far as eye candy goes... chicks I aint tryin to particularly holla at, hell, less is more.

especially during the summer, man.... more legs... more cleavage... more skin, ftw :tup:

now walkin down the street or w/e, what I don't wanna see are asscracks...

unless I'm on the beach, where I can come to expect that...

This is a great idea for a thread.

I personally can't wait for the summer. I'm doing this summer enrichment program at my school in July, which'll pay me about $650 (not including taxes). I'm going to be using about $200-$250 of that money on both a bass (I've got my eye on this), and the rest on an SLR. As you may know my camera's been having problems and the last time I took pics with it (yet to be uploaded lmao) was back in early April. I'm getting a cheap camera sometime this week ($100 range) and then using the rest of my money over the summer getting an actual SLR (either the Sony a230 or the Canon EOS Rebel XS, so I have good photos and the added video coverage my current cam doesn't have. So this summer I'll be able to enjoy having some of my own money on me for once, picking up bass (which I've wanted to do since I was like 12 lmao), and upgrading from my current camera.

I got what you were sayin.... that's why I said different strokes for yall folks...

coats/jackets are the extreme of a conservatively dressed woman... a broad can come out in a pair of jeans & a long shirt & still be considered dressed conservative....

anyway, I worry about a woman leaving an imagination, so to speak, if I'm tryna get to know her....

otherwise, far as eye candy goes... chicks I aint tryin to particularly holla at, hell, less is more.

especially during the summer, man.... more legs... more cleavage... more skin, ftw :tup:

now walkin down the street or w/e, what I don't wanna see are asscracks...

unless I'm on the beach, where I can come to expect that...

Anything fat and my friends and I will vomit lol

We're trying to enjoy our summer, not be scared shitless of it!

Anything fat and my friends and I will vomit lol

We're trying to enjoy our summer, not be scared shitless of it!

Word.

a fat woman looks at me, and I scrunch up my face like I'm about to hurl (being tall, I get looks from fat chicks a LOT)... I make sure they see my facial expression when I do it too....

Ahhhh, the summer. My Facebook news feed will be inundated with photos of everyones' irresponsible adventures. More shit that I have no desire to see or take part in.

As for Memorial Day weekend...hopefully i'll be spending a few days under my favorite subway car: R9 1689. :(

Heh...I'm hoping this summer to spend sometime at the CONTROLS of 1689, taking it down the line

Not to rain on anyones parade,but I personally hate summers,But I plan on taking some pic of course and start driving soon.And to coincide with the post about being preyed upon by fat woman I seem to get preyed on by middle age white woman.SHWING!!!!! TENTPOLE!!!!!:(

Oh shit, I forgot! LEARNER'S PERMIT! :cool:

Not to rain on anyones parade,but I personally hate summers,But I plan on taking some pic of course and start driving soon.And to coincide with the post about being preyed upon by fat woman I seem to get preyed on by middle age white woman.SHWING!!!!! TENTPOLE!!!!!:(

Oh, I'm not fond of summer also.... don't mistake that w/ me for a NY minute....

Can't stand the heat; I sleep with a fan on year round...

...not to mention the swarm of undesirables that all come out in droves ready to start some mess (puttin it nicely).... a sayin I came out with, is "summer time tends to bring out the worst in humanity"....

I wanted to focus on one of the positive things summer can offer... which, as myself being a man, are some pretty women in "as little clothing as possible"... (I just quoted myself... now that's bad)....

aint nothin sexier than an attractive woman who aint afraid to show off her assets... I find it to be a turnoff when women KNOW they got a bangin body, and wear clothing that doesn't accentuate her curves/figure (not that they have to, I'm just sayin).... hence, what I brought up earlier about conservatively dressed women in the summertime....

..and you attract cougars? I wish I could say the same.... black, hispanic, european (don't sleep on them)... them's the women that be preying on us young dudes... long as they aint got no wrinkles, no liver spots, no varicose veins, etc., I'm gtg - Good To Go !

Well one step at a time there, skippy. You coming up next Sunday (not tomorrow)?

Will be there tomorrow, but not next week. Well deserved vacation for yours truly, heh.

I'll be back on the 5th, but no shop work though just ops. If you can make it next Sunday with one or two others that'd be great. We're going to try and hang 2 of the 3 remaining sides of brake rigging tomorrow. Hopefully the truck can be finish coated, bearings prepped, motor leads soldered, dust cover welded, gear case cover cleaned, and motors hung by the end of June. Then some touch up work and (I'm hoping) it will be ready for August.

...not to mention the swarm of undesirables that all come out in droves ready to start some mess (puttin it nicely).... a sayin I came out with, is "summer time tends to bring out the worst in humanity"....

Just like that Boondocks episode. hahahahaha

Archived