The Summer 2010 Thread

Forest Glen

Well just had a kick ass day at kings dominion. Intimidator 305 is fing awesome! That first drop, what a rush! But the side to side with the over the shoulder restraints is a neck chopper. I got bruises on my arms bracing myself on the following rides. I got 5 strait rides on it.

That's all for now. I'll post again when I'm back and hopefully with pics. Woot for wifi!

-Later

..and you attract cougars?

I do lol

I wish I could say the same.... black, hispanic, european (don't sleep on them)... them's the women that be preying on us young dudes... long as they aint got no wrinkles, no liver spots, no varicose veins, etc., I'm gtg - Good To Go !

IAWTP

Luna Park in Coney Island opens on Saturday the 29th.

They shoulda left it the way it was.

Ahhhh, the summer. My Facebook news feed will be inundated with photos of everyones' irresponsible adventures. More shit that I have no desire to see or take part in.

There's a way to stop it all - quit Facebook :P

SHWING!!!!! TENTPOLE!!!!!:)

HADOKEN!!!! :)

Oh shit, I forgot! LEARNER'S PERMIT! :cool:

Just what NY needs. YOU driving! :P

...not to mention the swarm of undesirables that all come out in droves ready to start some mess (puttin it nicely).... a sayin I came out with, is "summer time tends to bring out the worst in humanity"....

Now if only they'd go away

aint nothin sexier than an attractive woman who aint afraid to show off her assets...

In the words of the bank......Mmmmmmm, assets

Since i forgot to sign up for SYEP, ill be around doing other kinds of "work".

I don't wanna know :P

Excuse Me Mr. Wilson aka Forest Glen? Can we talk also talk about summer movies and road trips ie car trips or railfanning trips on the train/greyhound or other mass transit since it a big part of a summer for kids of all ages lol?

Anyone seen "Shrek 4' yet?:eek: Or any new movies released in last couple of weeks?

Looking forward to Senior Trip, Prom, Graduation, and Senior Breakfast. After that, I could start working as an SYEP, or in McDonalds or Dominos. I also can't shake this feeling that something bad is going to happen to me, or someone close to me on July 13th and/or August 16th. Its really stressing me out.... B)

While I like summer, summer is a "special" time here in Central and Southern Arizona. Afternoons, temperatures generally are 100, often 105, sometimes 110 and when a heat wave hits 115 and 120 degrees. Mornings, temperatures generally are 70, often 75, sometimes 80 and there is a short period when temperatures are 85 and 90 degrees.

People tend to stay indoors and do indoor activities. Electric bills can average $100 to $300 per month for June, July, August, and even September.

One phenomena is that on a bright, warm or hot day, the road can begin to appear to become "wavy" or an illusion of water in front of you can appear, even in a place where, logically, there is no water.

Heat Exhaustion, Sunstroke and Dehydration are all common dangers.

Our canal system and both evaporative cooling and air conditioning have been a benefit.

One fun thing we do is make delicious instant Sun Tea. You set out a glass jar (quart, half-gallon or gallon) with lid and a tea bag or two (depending on the size) in the morning in a sunny place and by afternoon your instant Sun Tea is ready.

@ EE Broadway Local, very interesting and informative post. I wonder whats the lowest temp it ever reached over there.

On January 7, 1971, Hawley Lake recorded Arizona's lowest temperature - 40 degrees below zero. Phoenix's lowest temperature is 16 degrees, recorded on January 7, 1913.

Archived