New Member Introduction

Next Train Announcer

Hi,

Thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. My screen name refers to my main connection to NYC Transit. I'm the voice you hear announcing the next trains on the new PA/CIS being rolled-out in the IRT stations. I'm also the voice on the AirTrain(JFK) at Newark and JFK airports and have also done announcements on PATH.

As you may already know, the recordings you hear are individual recordings put together by a computer to make the announcements. There were hundred of individual words and phrases that were recorded for the system.

I've been a traffic reporter in NYC on stations such as 1010 WINS and WABC (back in the Musicradio days).

Bernie Wagenblast

Hi,

Thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. My screen name refers to my main connection to NYC Transit. I'm the voice you hear announcing the next trains on the new PA/CIS being rolled-out in the IRT stations. I'm also the voice on the AirTrain(JFK) at Newark and JFK airports and have also done announcements on PATH.

As you may already know, the recordings you hear are individual recordings put together by a computer to make the announcements. There were hundred of individual words and phrases that were recorded for the system.

I've been a traffic reporter in NYC on stations such as 1010 WINS and WABC (back in the Musicradio days).

Bernie Wagenblast

welcome

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Just curious, does anyone recognize your voice when you talk to them?

Some people recognize my name, because of my radio work, but I don't think anyone has recognized me by my voice when I speak with them. Especially in the case of the PA/CIS I think my voice probably sounds different when I speak with someone in person. There's a lot less reverb, for one! :P

Bernie

Hi,

Bernie Wagenblast

Cool! Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the forums!

I meant is all voice recordings on both PA5 and AirTrain is done by your voice?

All of the recordings on the AirTrain are done by me (as far as I know) and I'd say almost all of the PA/CIS recordings are done by me. I saw one YouTube video where a recording about a planned service disruption was done by someone else.

Bernie

Hi,

Bernie Wagenblast

Welcome Aboard mr. Wagenblast.

Wow, welcome to the boards Next Train Announcer! Your voice is perfect and clear with those new IRT Countdown Clocks man. Thank you for the work that you've done, I appreciate it. :tup: :cool:

Thank you very much! It's great to get feedback like that. When I'm in the studio recording the messages I'm never quite sure how it's going to sound when it actually runs in the stations. From comments like yours, it's nice to know the messages can be understood.

Bernie

Archived