Question about the R110B C/R board

mark1447

I do rather expect that more R110Bs will find homes as schoolcars, and perhaps the R110As will eventually become riders or reach cars.

Perhaps they might even be turned into demonstrators of whatever next new fleet design there is.

Whatever use they find for them, I think it is a pretty safe bet that they will not be restored to service solely because the MTA wants more trains.

what does that prove? if the mta needs temporary extra trains add the R110B back on the Lefferts(S) and be done with it.

And what?

They're gonna pull the required parts out their heinie? :)

I do rather expect that more R110Bs will find homes as schoolcars, and perhaps the R110As will eventually become riders or reach cars.

Perhaps they might even be turned into demonstrators of whatever next new fleet design there is.

Whatever use they find for them, I think it is a pretty safe bet that they will not be restored to service solely because the MTA wants more trains.

Sadly they will not become school cars, when the R40s and R30s go there will be no more actual school cars. Soon school car will be held in class rooms or trailers.

they are not dead the R110A can be fixed just have to send them back to kawasaki plant and get them to put on new trucks or rebuild them.

As for the R110B there is still 6 cars left both should be stored in the transitmusem and used on "fan trips". the mta can fix them in coney island shop and 207st yard. :P :tup:

But what's the point? The parts are unique and are not compatible with the R142As. It would be better to just get more R142A type cars or in this case the 'R188s'.

As for the R110B they could save one car for the museum, but otherwise there's nothing really special about them. It's not worth the costs to get them operating again. The costs and efforts would be better used to keep the R32/42s left in decent shape.

The only way those cars would run is if maybe a diesel loco was used to pull them.

• 2 months later...
ive been thinking that it would be nice to overhaul the r110a/b cars and remove all cabs and make them completely automated, and use them for the 42 st/franklin ave (S).

This has already been discussed a million times here...it's more expensive then ordering new cars.

Also, please do not gravedig (e.g. take an old thread and reply to it).

Then its time for those cars to go. They have been sitting there all the time going to waste. Unless if there are some use which I doubt there is because of the price tag. Time for them to go to the scrapyard/reefing.

IDK, maybe cover/paint over the rust, take out the motors, and put a car or two in the Transit Museum. The rest should go.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Damn another dead thread brought up? Oh well now that we're here...

Doesn't the feds have something to do with those 19 R110A/B cars? Cuz someone told me (I forgot who) that that's the reason they're not scrapped yet.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Damn another dead thread brought up? Oh well now that we're here...

Doesn't the feds have something to do with those 19 R110A/B cars? Cuz someone told me (I forgot who) that that's the reason they're not scrapped yet.

Supposedly, since the feds paid for them, they can't be scrapped before their useful life ends.:mad:

As much as we want those cars to be in passenger service, it's just not going to happen. There's a better chance of the (T) getting finished on time, or a R32 running on the (6) line, get the drift?

Now I think it's time this thread be put to rest.

Archived